What size do you feel most comfortable with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
With diapers I mean; I'm a pretty big guy (not giant big, but I am around 5' 10" or so and usually weigh 250 Lbs or more, I try to lose weight but it's hard); and in a pants size I am usually pretty comfortable in size 36, sometimes 34, sometimes 38 (though most 34s are usually too tight and most 38s are usually loose, but okay with a belt).

I have found with most medium diapers I am near the upper size limit and therefore I usually get a tight but not too tight fit, Dry 24/7s being a little bigger means a looser fit which I do sort of like.

I have a case of BareBums in size Large as they are sized a little smaller than other ABUniverse diapers such as my favorite Little Pawz, and I'm not totally committed to size Large at this point and it seems like a bit of a challenge trying to get a perfect fit with these bigger diapers, but I feel like I won't lose enough weight probably ever to drop to size medium in BareBums and maybe at some point I will move up to size Large in Little Pawz and other diapers.

I guess in a sense I'm sort of "in between sizes" but it depends on the diaper, as a couple inches of difference can matter a lot.

What size do you guys feel most comfortable in and any advice in regards to these size Large BareBums?

BabyTyrant said:
With diapers I mean; I'm a pretty big guy (not giant big, but I am around 5' 10" or so and usually weigh 250 Lbs or more, I try to lose weight but it's hard); and in a pants size I am usually pretty comfortable in size 36, sometimes 34, sometimes 38 (though most 34s are usually too tight and most 38s are usually loose, but okay with a belt).

I have found with most medium diapers I am near the upper size limit and therefore I usually get a tight but not too tight fit, Dry 24/7s being a little bigger means a looser fit which I do sort of like.

I have a case of BareBums in size Large as they are sized a little smaller than other ABUniverse diapers such as my favorite Little Pawz, and I'm not totally committed to size Large at this point and it seems like a bit of a challenge trying to get a perfect fit with these bigger diapers, but I feel like I won't lose enough weight probably ever to drop to size medium in BareBums and maybe at some point I will move up to size Large in Little Pawz and other diapers.

I guess in a sense I'm sort of "in between sizes" but it depends on the diaper, as a couple inches of difference can matter a lot.

What size do you guys feel most comfortable in and any advice in regards to these size Large BareBums?

I wear XL sized diapers.

Usually mediums. A few rearz I really like the larges on. Like seduction and space. I am 190lbs and 5' 11" my waist if measured is between 37 and 38 inches I usually round up if I'm look8ng for pants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I wear large Betterdry diapers or a medium Dry 24/7 any other mediums are just to tight and the tapes just reach

I'm 5' 11" and 195 lbs. I'm a bodybuilder so my proportions (at least as far as diaper sizes go) are kinda different. I have a 32" waist with 27" upper thighs and round glutes. Years ago when I was using cloth diapers and plastic pants exclusively I had to go with large prefold diapers and extra large plastic pants due to the leg openings. Fortunately I was able to find a supplier to get me custom made plastic pants for only a little more than off the shelf. That for me was like hitting the lottery! Now that I'm in disposables every night I find that Large works best across all brands, the top tapes almost touch each other but the legs fit perfect. Currently I'm using Rearz, Northshores, ABU Space, Simple and Little Pawz along with Crinklz and Betterdry. Best fit and performance for me has been the Large size Crinklz and Betterdry not to mention they hold gallons and just never ever leak.

Medium fits just right for me at 5'10"

I'm 5'10", 200lbs, with a 42" waist. I'm squarely in the size range for larges.

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch that. I've been loosing weight, so I just double checked. I have a 41" waist. Still way too big for mediums though.

I'm 33/34" I prefer large but should be in mediums but I like the baggy/bulky feeling.

I can fit in mediums below the belly button. While I like the "look" of this better, it's not practical for wearing so usually favor Large. I've been doing boosters for a couple of years and feel this would be near impossible with a Medium as well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'm 5'10" and 150 lbs (if my calculations are correct), and mediums fit me just right. Small diapers are too tight, but not by too much... but large diapers are just enormous on me and don't fit at all.

Don't know if that helps...?

One thing to keep in mind is that the size is based on the larger of your hip or waist measurements. My hips are a bit bigger than my beltline measurement and that caused me to get a few too-small samples when I started wearing.

I'm 6' 2" and 280lbs. My larger measurement is 46" so--depending on the diaper's sizing--I'm usually in a large.

I'm kind of in the same boat as the OP, I'm 6ft 1" weigh 188lbs, very proportional and wear a size 34" jeans. It depends on what company my diapers come from to determine the size. Kiddo's and barebums are size large, rearz safari abu little paws are size are size large, bambino bellesimo are mediums and larges (both fit decently) ABU sdk's medium are to small and larges are way to big, same with the bambino stretch diapers. Dry 24/7 mediums are a perfect fit. My issue is that the length of mediums are to short but the wings are perfect, large lengths are perfect but the wings are way to big.

BabyTyrant said:

Since you want to lose weight, I will offer my some tips:

Eat less food and cut out snacks and drinks and only drink water. Eat smaller portions.

Work out for at least 20 minutes a day. Youtube has some fitness videos. Gym membership is $10 a month including one time year fee to help maintain the equipment which is around $40. Can't afford it, you can do some work outs at home and I am sure your local library might have some fitness DVDs you can use. Change in your eating and lifestyle will be a permanent thing to keep the weight off. Yes you will be hungry more as you are losing weight but then after a while that will go away when your stomach shrinks and your body is used to having less food and you will get full faster and not be eating as much. Can't afford a fitness coach or a nutritionist, this is what I do and it has worked for me. Building muscle will help you burn more calories.

As for diapers, I feel comfortable in mediums. Size small is just too tight and don't fit me right because of where the tabs are. I also feel in between sizes too because of where the top tabs are but I can still make them tight. I feel Bambinos don't fit me right anymore so that is why they have been leaking and I don't want to have to put on some weight to make them work properly again. Not all brands will work for me. They do not offer size smalls anymore or else I would order a sample to try.

I'm 5'10 and 36" waist.

Mediums generally fit me best - though I' sort of a little bit between medium and large.

Different types of nappy are different size - and your body shape is important too.

6 foot even, 185lbs, 34" waist. I wear large. the top tapes are close together, but the rest of the fit is perfect for me.

I have been wondering if I need to try a large. Me 6' 195 pounds been using mediums in all brands, but on the outer limits of the landing zone. Just ordered a sample of barebum large to see if that will work better. Also I've been wondering what the sent is like.

I'm usually in medium size diapers, small sizes usually only work if they are pullups and large sizes sag far too much.

BabyTyrant said:
With diapers I mean; I'm a pretty big guy (not giant big, but I am around 5' 10" or so and usually weigh 250 Lbs or more.

I'm 5'8 255lbs. I wear 42 pants and am pretty new to having to wear diapers, pull on style. I ordered medium abriflex m3 they should for well but are kind of tight. I also have to change at work sometimes, which is not convenient, so I ordered some samples of Northshore supreme and light. I don't know why 42 pants fit well, I need a belt sometimes too, but I measured to make sure I got a good fitting samples, I'm 44" waist and 47" hips. I don't know...

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
I have been wondering if I need to try a large. Me 6' 195 pounds been using mediums in all brands, but on the outer limits of the landing zone. Just ordered a sample of barebum large to see if that will work better. Also I've been wondering what the sent is like.

Yep the brand will definitely make a difference on your choice of size, especially if you're in those border zones on waist measurement. 36" should make any medium fit you well. It's when you hit 39" or so where you start to have problems with the mediums being too small and the larges being too big.

I tried barebum in size medium and the lower tapes missed the front wing by about 1/2". (I usually set my belt at about a 40" waist, though I usually size my diapers around 41-42") There are very few mediums that I can wear properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back