Diaper stash how to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandenDL4ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Just curious if theres any good way of building a collection like this with a budget or is it just a lot of money spent. I figured its about $60 for 40 plain diapers like abena and about $85 for 40 printed

b2c8c578f7dcbe9cba61296dbcdefc17.jpg

Reactions: 49beachdipe
Good diapers are not really budget friendly (i mean there are some good diapers not made specifically for the ABDL market that are made to similar quality, but usually they don't have the look) and this is easily in the 300-400+ area meaning up to $600-800 or more of diapers.

As for budget, well best price is if you buy them all by the case, but the only real convenient way to buy such a stash is if you had somebody to split cases with as if you buy cases and resell unwanted quantity there's extra expense of shipping cost and inconvenience to box and ship them out.

That probably cost a small fortune all told. My monthly shipment runs about $240 or so which looks to be about 2.5 of these shelves. And Abena L4 is a lot more cost effective than what a lot of these run.

The way you end up with collections like that is to buy by the case over time, which is coincidentally the cheapest way to obtain diapers.

Actually, good and premium type diapers are often more budget friendly than "cheap" brands that need constant changing.

And building up a supply is a matter of telling yourself that one bag is for emergency only. You need to replace your stock well before opening that bag. And then the next, and so on.

It also helps when you physically need diapers. They become a higher priority item, so it isn't a matter if you can afford diapers, it's a matter if you can afford other stuff like eating out, or splurging on entertainment. Even a matter if you can afford the cable or phone bills because diaper costs came first.

that's an impressive stash and a very nicely organized way to store it too.

i order 2 cases of Better dry diapers ever 5 weeks and it just under $300 per order the diapers in the photo are worth probably close to $800 Incontinece is not cheap when you use premium quality diapers

Save your money and buy a case at a time. Cases are almost always a better value than a pack. Also, if you have health insurance with an FSA account you can use it to buy diapers. You determine how much money you want to set aside at the beginning of the year & that amount is divided by the number of paychecks you get in a year. The money is also taken out pre-tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps go for cheaper ones like Tena Pants for most of the time, and save the fancy ones for a treat?

It can be quite difficult to maintain a stock of consumable items like diapers because of the ever-present desire to consume them! I would suggest: Buy by the case. Take one pack out of each case as it arrives, and put it somewhere other than your normal diaper storage, that's clean and dry and can have diapers left untouched for a while. Never, ever use diapers from that location. When the stash has built up to the size of the area that you want to display it, put it on display, and make your new task to keep every square inch of wall hidden by diapers. That is easier than maintaining and growing an arbitrary size pile.

Personally, I wouldn't unpack so many diapers at once as in those pics, as I like to keep them as well sealed from dust etc as possible. However the closet does look fun, and I suppose if it is kept very clean and the diapers are used in rotation it's not a big deal.

Paxe said:
Personally, I wouldn't unpack so many diapers at once as in those pics, as I like to keep them as well sealed from dust etc as possible. However the closet does look fun, and I suppose if it is kept very clean and the diapers are used in rotation it's not a big deal.

On the contrary, I've found that getting diapers out of that compressed bag they ship in and letting them sit out usually makes them expand quite a bit in size as they relax. They get thicker, softer, more comfortable, and they absorb faster!

Case in point: https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1915&attachmentid=30148

attachment.php

I can't see why you would need such a large amount unless you ordered for the year or wanted a collection. It is an impressive amount though.

Well, I can't see why someone would even want that many different brands. Since not all diapers fit everyone the same, it's reasonable to assume not even half of those would all work as good as the other half. So why have so many sub-par diapers is the greater question here.

Though sheer numbers of diapers, it's called being prepared. Order disruptions, discontinuation of a diaper type, and heaven forbid natural disasters or long term delays. Only a short-sighted person stocks up on just one or two bags- especially if you need them (mentally or physically).

BrandenDL4ever said:
Just curious if theres any good way of building a collection like this with a budget or is it just a lot of money spent. I figured its about $60 for 40 plain diapers like abena and about $85 for 40 printed

b2c8c578f7dcbe9cba61296dbcdefc17.jpg

Are those the vintage goodnites from the 90s on the bottom left?

AnimeDude892 said:
Are those the vintage goodnites from the 90s on the bottom left?

I have no idea, i was wearing pampers at that time of year. Not my picture, just love the collection. All though i do know the older styles of goodnites are still out there you will definitely pay for them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brsilva said:
I can't see why you would need such a large amount unless you ordered for the year or wanted a collection. It is an impressive amount though.

Having a variety to choose from really helps "keep it fresh". Here's my diaper cabinet, with a variety out of bag to relax and expand, ready for use:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29979&d=1509763747

This is just a small portion of what I have in the house though. I have many cases in another storage room, and make a trip there every other week or so to grab usually 3-4 bags to restock the cabinet with. What's seen in the cabinet doesn't represent the full variety I have on-hand either, there are a few types of diapers I have "in stock" that aren't in the cabinet, as I periodically "mix it up" a bit.

(a careful observer may notice I'm using the same cabinet as the OP, but mine has doors and is wood grain instead of white...)

The reason I have so many on-hand is (1) because I can and (2) because buying in bulk when they are on sale makes my hobby considerably cheaper and more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back