any advice at all for living with fecal incon, @ 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

heisenbergdl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Incontinent
im not new to this ive had chrones for a while, but if theres anything anyone feels can make this easier please lmk, ive, got my brands, im an abdl now, it has its ups and downs, guess im looking for reassurance that i will live a full normal life, but also stuff that other people may have experience with that may help me. i only use disposable, abena, tena, and attends (m10 type), im a mechanic and truck driver, idk, just say your thing.

if you think a storm might come, have an umbrella

First of al its NOT the end of the world BUT sadly it WILL take some extra planning and tweeking in youre life im afraid + it will ad to the expences with al thats needed extra for protection.

My first advice is to look around for a high leak guard. Diaper (trust me you WILL need it) change youre extra padding to some cind of cheeper high leek guard Baby diapers As you can then just change the extra padding and save the org. for smaller BM,s and also sadly prepare for Possible upcoming Urinary IC down the line due to fecal ,Then as been suggested PVC pants & a prepacked protection bag when outside , Ad to this IC protection bedwear (even if you do wear 24 /7 the dieper may leak or loosen at night and then .............. Also its vital to clean and moisterice heavily EVERY day and change as soon as possible after a BM have accured.

Lastly and belive i know its not easy DONT feel ashamed or that youre now been regressed to adult baby because you have NOT. Youre wearing protection out of a medical reason so you have NOTHING to feel ashamed about and altough this is a mayour pain in the but and it do require some changes in youre life al in a its NOT that much so you will be able to (as long as youre protected 24 /7 and fully prepared according to above suggestions ) continue youe life more or less as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been in diapers 24/7 for a bladder issue for several years for a bladder issue I am now experiencing bowel issues but they are happening more frequently lately. I am finding it harder to accept that I have to deal with bowel issues as well and the fact they may become a daily issue but I keep reminding my self its not the end of the world and I am already wearing protection 24/7. I have had a few public bowel issues and the first few times it was nerve racking but now I try not to stress about it and hesd to the bathroom to change ASAP.

My wife has been with me a few times when its happened in public and she said she did not notice or smell any thing and was un aware it happened, Bowel accidents are ich to deal with but as long as you are wearing the correct level of protection and change right away bowel issues should not imapct your life that badly.

Get better diapers, something with high leak guards. You will have fewer messy leaks this way, and better smell containment. Nullo will also help with that too.

Onesies are your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back