Almost out of Crinklz. Next stop, ABU Space!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So far satisfied with Crinklz. Definitely worth buying.

Very good absorbency (though not as much as the Rearz Safari that I've tried before), absorbs around three big wettings.
Also the outer plastic is quite soft and flexible, making them more comfortable.

The only problem so far is the tapes, which unlike the Safari, are not readjustable. Though Crinklz does have a "second chance" outer tape. Readjusting them might rip the outer plastic, which I occasionally do since I'm absolutely terrible at taping.

I'd like to try ABU Space next, how are they compared to other diapers? I like the prints, really makes them stand out than the rest.

Just a heads up, Northshore Care now carries Crinklz and they're cheaper than I have found elsewhere at $24.75/pk. Right now they are on a backorder though.

Does Northshore ship to UK? I live there so I usually use EU or UK-based websites such as NappiesRUs.

darkjo said:
So far satisfied with Crinklz. Definitely worth buying.

Very good absorbency (though not as much as the Rearz Safari that I've tried before), absorbs around three big wettings.
Also the outer plastic is quite soft and flexible, making them more comfortable.

The only problem so far is the tapes, which unlike the Safari, are not readjustable. Though Crinklz does have a "second chance" outer tape. Readjusting them might rip the outer plastic, which I occasionally do since I'm absolutely terrible at taping.

I'd like to try ABU Space next, how are they compared to other diapers? I like the prints, really makes them stand out than the rest.

To fix your tapping problems, start memorizing where they end up when you do have a good fit (which is easy with prints). This way, next time you diaper up stop trying to worry about getting a good fit and just put the tapes in the same spot as where they were last time. You will automatically get a good fit every time, and even the second chance tapes will be unnecessary.

Slomo said:
To fix your tapping problems, start memorizing where they end up when you do have a good fit (which is easy with prints). This way, next time you diaper up stop trying to worry about getting a good fit and just put the tapes in the same spot as where they were last time. You will automatically get a good fit every time, and even the second chance tapes will be unnecessary.

Yep. I'm definitely getting used to it, and it becomes easier each time. The prints actually helped since there are two green lines on each side, which is where I usually put the tapes.

darkjo said:
Yep. I'm definitely getting used to it, and it becomes easier each time. The prints actually helped since there are two green lines on each side, which is where I usually put the tapes.

Yup, I love those crinklz pints too- in part for the tape placement as well. My lower tapes always end up centered over the green stripes, with the top just on the inside of the stripes.

Not just prints though, you can also look for the edge of the padding, any lines beneath that are created by elastic leak guards, or any other features/landmarks on the diaper.

Just wait till you can diaper up perfectly- in the dark. Or while standing but not leaning against anything! That's the kind of practice that makes someone a diaper pro. You too will get there eventually, just keep at it!

Slomo said:
Yup, I love those crinklz pints too- in part for the tape placement as well. My lower tapes always end up centered over the green stripes, with the top just on the inside of the stripes.

Not just prints though, you can also look for the edge of the padding, any lines beneath that are created by elastic leak guards, or any other features/landmarks on the diaper.

Just wait till you can diaper up perfectly- in the dark. Or while standing but not leaning against anything! That's the kind of practice that makes someone a diaper pro. You too will get there eventually, just keep at it!

I usually wear them while lying down in bed, then standing up for adjustments and stuff. Works well so far!

darkjo said:
I usually wear them while lying down in bed, then standing up for adjustments and stuff. Works well so far!

You may think differently when you're forced to change in a porta potty where you're pretty sure someone rubbed crap on the walls and peed on the floor and seat. And it's the only potty in the middle of a construction zone, and you're already leaking, and you need to continue your job on that site right then.

DarkJo, ABU Space are my favorite thick AB disposable.

If discretion isn't a challenge, and you aren't wearing them to work or for travel, they're very comfortable, very absorbent and they just work. I tried to 'cheap out' and ordered a package of Rearz nighttimes, but they don't even come close to the comfort and wearability of ABU Space.

My current babysitter told me last week that she just loved seeing me wearing an ABU Space ... first time she's said that about a disposable. I don't wear them around her very often because the diaper change interval can be quite long. I've worn a single Space almost the entire day several times in the past.

I honestly like the Space print better than the Little Pawz variety; the only difference is cosmetic.

Slomo said:
You may think differently when you're forced to change in a porta potty where you're pretty sure someone rubbed crap on the walls and peed on the floor and seat. And it's the only potty in the middle of a construction zone, and you're already leaking, and you need to continue your job on that site right then.

I never wear diapers in public, so it doesn't really matter. But hopefully I'll never come across a situation like that... it would suck :sweatdrop:

- - - Updated - - -

sbmccue said:
DarkJo, ABU Space are my favorite thick AB disposable.

If discretion isn't a challenge, and you aren't wearing them to work or for travel, they're very comfortable, very absorbent and they just work. I tried to 'cheap out' and ordered a package of Rearz nighttimes, but they don't even come close to the comfort and wearability of ABU Space.

My current babysitter told me last week that she just loved seeing me wearing an ABU Space ... first time she's said that about a disposable. I don't wear them around her very often because the diaper change interval can be quite long. I've worn a single Space almost the entire day several times in the past.

I honestly like the Space print better than the Little Pawz variety; the only difference is cosmetic.

Good to know! Besides, I always wear them at home.

darkjo said:
I never wear diapers in public, so it doesn't really matter. But hopefully I'll never come across a situation like that... it would suck :sweatdrop:

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know! Besides, I always wear them at home.

NO! If you ever are in a situation lile that, do not suck! In fact, I held my breath.

Lol, I got what you mean. Though truthfully, needing to use that same porta potty for a bowell movement would have been suckier still.

Slomo said:
NO! If you ever are in a situation lile that, do not suck! In fact, I held my breath.

Lol, I got what you mean. Though truthfully, needing to use that same porta potty for a bowell movement would have been suckier still.

lol :sweatdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back