Fab Sense City Print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokeh

Est. Contributor
I was thinking about picking up some Fab Sense City Print diapers & was wondering what diaper they are most similar to. Anybody have any insight on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very similar to Bambinos and ABU. No lower tapes, so you have to wear one size too small.

by the looks I think they're a reskin of the space / simple

I've been meaning to get a bag to test. Where's a good source that's inexpensive?

Slomo said:
Very similar to Bambinos and ABU. No lower tapes, so you have to wear one size too small.

What do you mean by “no lower tapes”? It is my understanding that these are a 4 tape diaper, 2 upper/2 lower.

bambinod said:
I've been meaning to get a bag to test. Where's a good source that's inexpensive?

If you’re located in the US, the only place that you can buy them is Amazon. They recently dropped the price slightly to $24.99 for a pk of 10 & free shipping via Prime which is technically cheaper than their own website where they charge $79.99 for a case of 30 which would be $26.66/pk, plus shipping.

If you order from their site, they can only be shipped to Canada so Amazon is currently the only choice for US customers.

Bokeh said:
What do you mean by “no lower tapes”? It is my understanding that these are a 4 tape diaper, 2 upper/2 lower.

Lower tapes are positioned in the lower part of the side panels. Look at most any picture of these diapers and you will see the tapes are positioned almost exactly in the middle. (And the second set at the top).

They have top tapes, and middle tapes, but no lower tapes. This means it's impossible to get a snug fit around the legs with this type of diaper (again, except unless you wear one size too small- which will force the diaper to be snug or tight pretty much everywhere).

Slomo said:
Lower tapes are positioned in the lower part of the side panels. Look at most any picture of these diapers and you will see the tapes are positioned almost exactly in the middle. (And the second set at the top).

They have top tapes, and middle tapes, but no lower tapes. This means it's impossible to get a snug fit around the legs with this type of diaper (again, except unless you wear one size too small- which will force the diaper to be snug or tight pretty much everywhere).

Okay, I see what you mean, that makes sense.

They're a pretty good diaper, although due to a recent weight gain, I'm between their M and L. So, I get L, and this exacerbates the tape issue mentioned above. Very comfy though! It's just that at night I have to "sit up" and do my business, whereas with other premiums I can just lay on my back.

Bokeh said:
I was thinking about picking up some Fab Sense City Print diapers & was wondering what diaper they are most similar to. Anybody have any insight on that?

They are actually simply a printed version of Forsite AM/PM. So that is what they would be most similar to, since they are that. I've tried them and they are pretty good. And the tapes work just fine. A lot of the diapers that Slomo says the tapes aren't low enough are actually TOO low on me, so it's all just a body shape thing really. Not low enough for Slomo, too low for me. Others may be just right, you just never know until you try them.

I have tried both the fab sense and the foresite am/pm and like them both, i keep hoping that northshore will pick them up like they did the crinklz/ betterdry which are currently my main night diaper

ClickyKeys said:
They are actually simply a printed version of Forsite AM/PM. So that is what they would be most similar to, since they are that. I've tried them and they are pretty good. And the tapes work just fine. A lot of the diapers that Slomo says the tapes aren't low enough are actually TOO low on me, so it's all just a body shape thing really. Not low enough for Slomo, too low for me. Others may be just right, you just never know until you try them.

Unfortunately I haven’t tried Forsite AM/PM so I’m not familiar with that product.

KenworthW900b said:
I have tried both the fab sense and the foresite am/pm and like them both, i keep hoping that northshore will pick them up like they did the crinklz/ betterdry which are currently my main night diaper

Fab Sense is made my Age Comfort which is a Canadian company so I assume that Northshore Care won’t pick them up.

Bokeh said:
Fab Sense is made my Age Comfort which is a Canadian company so I assume that Northshore Care won’t pick them up.

That's strange then that Rearz doesn't carry them, being the primary ABDL company in Canada...

bambinod said:
That's strange then that Rearz doesn't carry them, being the primary ABDL company in Canada...

It's not really strange if you think about it, Age Comfort is a competitor of Rearz just like ABU is a competitor of Bambino in the States and they don't carry each other's products.

Bokeh said:
It's not really strange if you think about it, Age Comfort is a competitor of Rearz just like ABU is a competitor of Bambino in the States and they don't carry each other's products.

And yet cross-sales agreements do exist. Rearz and Bambino for example both carry a limited selection of the other's products.

What's interesting about this specific arrangement is that Bambino and Rearz aren't really retailers... they're more properly classified as "manufacturers selling direct to customers." Regular retailers purchase products on the open wholesale market at wholesale prices, and have to compete against other retailers selling the same exact product made by the same manufacturer to their customers at retail prices. Both Rearz and Bambino's primary products are manufactured exclusively for them, and so any other retailer selling those products must buy them from Rearz/Bambino. This forces other retailers that want to carry their "in-house product" to make a deal with them for reduced wholesale pricing which is entirely at the whim and discression of the seller.

Agecomfort was carrying Rearz at one point. I was tempted to buy some from them but the cost was just too much. That and I have the most diapers I've ever had now as I got a mixed case of ABU Space and plastic preschools.

The AM/PM is a nice diaper - grabbed a pack about a year ago and was impressed.

I went ahead and bought a couple bags of Fab Sense to try. It was a bit of a disappointment.

The shell, pad, tape panel, leak guards, leg gather elastic, and tape layout looks identical to ABU's Space model. The padding is lighter, and has little to no sap, so it doesn't feel very thick, is very flexible, doesn't swell at all when wet, and left my skin feeling damp all night long till my morning change. The inner sheet was slightly abrasive, somewhat like the feel of cheap paper towel - not uncomfortable, but noticeable. It also only has waist elastic in the back, not in the front, but the fit and comfort were still okay. There's also a "sterilized" odor to the diapers, it's distinct like that smell when you're in a hospital, not sure if that's a disinfectant or what, but I did notice it. Capacity is significantly less than Space. I think they quote 3000mL on the package, and that's complete nonsense. (a lot more inflated than even a lot of 'rated capacity' numbers we see)

I won't be re-ordering them. (especially considering the premium price, well above what will get me a much better diaper from ABU)

bambinod said:
I went ahead and bought a couple bags of Fab Sense to try. It was a bit of a disappointment.

The shell, pad, tape panel, leak guards, leg gather elastic, and tape layout looks identical to ABU's Space model. The padding is lighter, and has little to no sap, so it doesn't feel very thick, is very flexible, doesn't swell at all when wet, and left my skin feeling damp all night long till my morning change. The inner sheet was slightly abrasive, somewhat like the feel of cheap paper towel - not uncomfortable, but noticeable. It also only has waist elastic in the back, not in the front, but the fit and comfort were still okay. There's also a "sterilized" odor to the diapers, it's distinct like that smell when you're in a hospital, not sure if that's a disinfectant or what, but I did notice it. Capacity is significantly less than Space. I think they quote 3000mL on the package, and that's complete nonsense. (a lot more inflated than even a lot of 'rated capacity' numbers we see)

I won't be re-ordering them. (especially considering the premium price, well above what will get me a much better diaper from ABU)

Bummer man :( but thanks for the heads up

I've tried the City Print. They aren't an ABDL diaper, and are marketed at normal adults. They aren't bad, but they are nothing like any quality ABDL diaper I've tried. At a guess, they're about a 2000ml diaper. They seemed to be mostly similar to Tena Slip in capacity and quality.

I think I've been spoiled by years of high quality ABDL diapers, so I wasn't impressed with them much, but they are a fairly good adult diaper. none of the bag i tried had any tape issues, none leaked, none had any clumping, and they all held about the same amount without any drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back