Not open for further replies.

josephxylose

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I want to tell one of my friends to get support but am not sure how they will respond. Is there a way to tell if they will be supportive if I tell them

The only way to tell if your friends will be supportive is if you have known them for a long time and if they are open-minded. I told many of my long standing friends and they all took it incredibly well and accepted my AB side as part of who I am. I would have never told them, however, if they weren't open-minded, thoughtful individuals and I certainly wouldn't have told them if I didn't have great rapport with them.

If the friends you hang around with have been your friends for a very long time and if they share similar views and interests as you, then they'll most likely be able to accept this side of you. If you are still unsure about how they would react, take your time and only confide in them when it feels right.

Last edited:
Geez, I wish I read this last post awhile back. The key was if you don't know for sure if the person is or isn't open minded don't Do it.

makena43 said:
Geez, I wish I read this last post awhile back. The key was if you don't know for sure if the person is or isn't open minded don't Do it.

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or if you had a bad experience telling someone before. In any case, I'm sorry and I wish you luck in telling friends in the near future.

I just think there is never really a surefire way to instigate these things, you really have to know the person and have longevity and a mutual understanding with them. You have to be able to read the room too, I think most people intuitively know if someone will be understanding or not and when the time is right or not.

If you have really good friends, who have been your friends forever and you have shared many interests and a lot of time with, then there is no reason not to confide in them . If you do tell your friends, just make sure you think they can handle it, I don't think anyone wants to lose a friendship over being an ABDL. You could make the argument that a true friend should like you for who you are, unconditionally and I agree, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will accept you, you need to really feel things out, it's almost like dating or making a big decision in a way.

When I took it upon myself to tell my friends, I waited for the right time, sometimes it came naturally like when we were talking and someone brought up alternative lifestyles and kinks, sometimes I worked up the nerve, prepared what I wanted to say before hand and talked with them in an honest manner without coming across as over-eager or awkward. Every time I decided to tell one of my closest friends, it worked, I even told a more recent friend and she accepted it as well, they all understood to some extent and we are all still friends to this day, that being said I would have never told them if I didn't feel they were honest, accepting people and I certainly wouldn't have told them if we didn't have a history together.

Having friends who know about and understand this side of you is a wonderful thing. I hope everyone can work up the courage to at least tell one close friend and I hope even more that this friend will be accepting :)

No sarcasm here on your post. Its great info that helps others.

makena43 said:
No sarcasm here on your post. Its great info that helps others.

Glad to hear it. It's great to know that my experiences and info can help others.

Good luck in telling your friends :)

I wonder if these kinds of tell alls follow a night of drinking? Like, how does it just come up? I told my best friend shortly after I joined this site. I was telling him I was on a blog site and he asked, which one. Telling him ADISC meant telling him everything. We had been intimate all through college so I knew I could tell him anything. He's an awesome person.

makena43 said:

Ah, but the catch is if someone can't accept this part of who we are, then are they really even a friend?

Disclosing our diapering need is actually one sure way to weed out the posers from our true friends.

Good point. Makes. You think who is a friend. And who is a acquaintance or a user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back