1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I was just wondering what is the best way to fold for comfort and absorbancy

Are we talking prefolds, or flats?

sloth said:
https://www.wikihow.com/Fold-a-Cloth-Diaper

then choose the best fold that suits your body shape. Personally I like the kite fold

Oh damn. Ha! Well, that article's good for some illustrations, but really... "Buy cloth diapers, remove the shrink wrap, fold and put on" ...? This, like so many other WikiHow articles, reeks of "Let me spend five minutes Googling this so that I can make a how-to about it." (Not picking on you, by the way, just the linked article.) Reusable diapers! Why are you even talking about buying them and opening the package?! It's like...a drop in the ocean. And then...use them without washing them first? Nobody does that! Flat cotton diapers (or prefolds) won't even work until they've been washed a few times. It's called prepping. (It's also why there's such a thriving market for used cloth baby diapers. Everybody hates prepping.)

Also, the article appears to show a flat diaper with a long, rectangular outline--vintage style. These are something of a rarity nowadays, at least in the US, so this is just a bad example all around. Most of the flat cloth diapers you'll see for sale now, whether for babies or adults, are square. Prefolds are (mostly) rectangular, but are too small for the Kite Fold, Origami Fold, and other folds meant only for flats. (And on that note, ignore the article's explanation of the Origami Fold. Complete nonsense. It's not anything like the Kite Fold! *facepalm* Here's a real explanation.) For prefolds, you'll most likely end up doing the Angel Wing Fold, Newspaper Fold, or Jelly Roll Fold. Or no fold at all (yes, that does sometimes work--dogboy style! :)). Or "Pad-Folded," for use in a pocket diaper. ("Pad Fold" just means that you fold the diaper into some kind of smaller rectangle suitable for use with whatever cover or pocket you're using. For prefolds, this usually just means turning the side-panels in.)

*puff, puff*

So, to the OP: I'll second SpAzpie's question: Are we talking flats or prefolds? We have an article here on ADISC that serves as a good intro to cloth diapers. It's worth a look.

I wear contour diapers most of the time, no folding needed. during the day I wear a doubler, and at night I wear a thick night time diaper. I have found that I love PUL diaper covers rather than plastic pants, that tend to leak at the legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back