Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I've always wondered this! So many of you guys have local (AB)DL friends and I've always wondered how you found each other.

I've found one through a Facebook group once in my town that I reached out to, but he's a political extremist and frankly makes me rather uncomfortable.

It'd be really fun to have a playmate but I swear I feel like south Texas is devoid of ABDLs sometimes.

Reactions: HenryThePurpleFox64
Ive wondered the same thing Sheepies. I can't answer as to how to find local friends, but I can sympathize with the local area feeling devoid, I'm in Alabama, not the most ABDL environment either.

I have had luck finding people in my area on fetlife also I meant a lot of people when I am giving away a lot of free diapers ever month "Everyone like me :D

srgsng25 said:
I have had luck finding people in my area on fetlife also I meant a lot of people when I am giving away a lot of free diapers ever month "Everyone like me :D
I really wanna try FetLife but don't like all the info they want on sign-up x_x

its not too bad you can control what is seen

RompingBulbasaur said:
Ive wondered the same thing Sheepies. I can't answer as to how to find local friends, but I can sympathize with the local area feeling devoid, I'm in Alabama, not the most ABDL environment either.
It's rough! Have tried searching Facebook groups but results are super limited understandably.

Sheepies said:
It's rough! Have tried searching Facebook groups but results are super limited understandably.

Yeah, FetLife is kinda limited too from what I've seen. I don't really like going on that site and can't seem to find anything useful when I try to use it. I always end up just suspending my account after leaving.

I'll second the Fetlife suggestion. It's not my favourite site in the world, some people on there are really hardcore and pushy when it comes to ABDL, but there are some genuine AB's and DL's and even caregivers on there who are open and friendly.

I met one of my first AB friends on Fetlife and I've had a couple of playdates with him, and I met a DL and another close friend and confidant on Fetlife as well, this DL friend is local and not really into the baby stuff, so we just have a regular friendship where we are open about diapers and wear around each other.

Fetlife is also good for finding munches. Munches and ABDL get togethers are usually very discrete and private and are always on the level, you can meet some local friends through munches if there are any in your area and if you don't make any real connections with any of them, at least you'll have a good time playing games and chatting with other littles.

I no longer use Fetlife because I am mostly a nonsexual AB and there aren't many of those on Fetlife and I was getting waves of personal messages from a real pushy and ignorant Daddy who wanted me to be his plaything even though I explicitly stated I was looking for friends or a Mommy. So, if you sign up for Fetlife, exercise some caution, make a note on your account that you will not reply to certain requests and only respond to those who are in your area, within your age range and who feel similarly about being an ABDL.

You could also try Craigslist. I was skeptical too, but I actually met my current Mommy and another AB friend in the next province over through Craigslist ads. Just make a nice ad, letting people know what you are into, what ABDL means to you and state that you are looking for a nice, platonic playdate. I never thought I would have success through Craigslist, but I did, so the same could happen to you.

Best of luck. If you want to advice on how to go about arranging playdates or meetings with other AB's through Fetlife or Craigslist, feel free to PM me, I'll be happy to help :)

You guys convinced me to make a FetLife account.

Not seeing any ABDLs in my town but made a post any way.

Not sure about staying though. The site is a little.... Extreme for me.

Sheepies said:

One thing that is good about Fetlife is that the accounts are secure and that you can close or deactivate an account at any time. If you are having second thoughts you can simply close or deactivate the account. I know what you mean, the site can be pretty extreme, it's aimed at the more sexually charged angle of fetishes and kinks, I never viewed my ABDL as something particularly sexual so I quickly found that the site wasn't for me. I never closed my account, but I haven't logged on in months and I've been contemplating deactivating it myself (I've only had it for like a year and a half).

Sadly, I wish there was a better way of finding ABDL friends locally, but them's the breaks. You could try Google searching the name of your town and munches or ABDL, but that's a long shot.

In any case, I wish you luck in your search.

Sheepies said:
It'd be really fun to have a playmate but I swear I feel like south Texas is devoid of ABDLs sometimes.

I doubt that it is devoid of ABDLs, as even in my town, which is in the middle of nowhere, and I mean nowhere, I have discovered there are other ABDLs out there.

Just be careful, okay? There are some folks out there that aren't the best to get involved with. Before you actually get involved in meeting people in R/L, do some research and make sure that the meeting is safe. Best situations might be a group event so you are not alone. There are groups here on ADISC that you can get involved with and perhaps find others near you.

Hi sheepies,

A quick post for now. I felt the same way you have. Recently I joined a gaming club and found a couple into kink, one of whom is a little. This was totally out of the blue! So I guess I’m saying sometimes if you go to meet ups and events with things you like, you sometimes run into people with shared interests and who might be into ABDL or at least open minded. In my recent experiences, I’ve also begun to find that many geeky or nerdy people appear to be more open to kink than other folks. Just a personal observation. I’m nerdy so it works for me LOL.

Anyway I may post on this again later but you can find others ... it just takes some searching and serendipity sometimes.

Be well.

I would have to add to Tabula's post. I used to go regularly to a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and gaming convention in Portland, Oregon and you run across a lot of people who are obviously into different orientations, fetishes and lifestyles. Try saving up and hitting a 'con or two and you may get lucky and start meeting some like-minded people. And some of the parties can get a bit...interesting...

Of course, Portland does have a rep for being open to a lot of different things--hence the tagline/bumper-sticker "Keep Portland Weird." lol

I cannot tell you how many times I got drunk in a party with a bunch of Klingons...

For me I knew someone who is on ADISC who used to live in my area when she was younger and she moved back a few months ago, we met a couple of times. It was nice. I don't really like FetLife, it has a mix of all types of kinks even too weird for me and it puts me off, also the colour scheme isn't inviting.

I wish there were friends near me. I feel by myself in that regard

Sheepies said:

I found a couple in Ft Worth, which you probably understand. Actually North Richland Hills and we met up at a restaurant. Dallas probably has a community by now. My dad always said "Son, never drink anything blue..." but more important he said "son, always remember, Dallas spelled sideways is 'Sallad'. "
I never understood it, but I always remembered it. Maybe Austin. or (shudder) (gasp) Houston. My bet would be Austin. I always wanted to go to Austin to visit Hippy Hollow, and Oat Willy's Department Store, aka the world's largest head shop. Never went. A ten dollar bus trip but I never went. The other other option that I can think of... craigslist. There's at least 3 who sometimes advertise on CL, Colorado Springs and a few more in Denver. If we make a group, there'll be a group. I think it's worth a try. Up here and down there.

Most people who are into fetish scene are pretty open minded. Try pitching the idea to someone you meet but as always, be conscientious of their needs as well.

I found my best friend on DPF decades ago. While in the same city he doesn't live close to me though, so we hardly ever have the chance to hang out.

Slomo said:
I found my best friend on DPF decades ago. While in the same city he doesn't live close to me though, so we hardly ever have the chance to hang out.

DPF ... I think it was easier to establish long term ABDL relationships before the advent of the internet & forums like this. Back then we (ABDL’s) were so isolated that when you found someone who shared the interest you were instant friends.

I made a friend and he mention it whilst we were talking I was surprised and I sail I was too and his face lit up I showed him my insta so as to kinda prove it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back