Finally managed to sleep with a pacifier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMozart

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
A few nights ago, I had the incredible experience of waking up with my pacifier still in my mouth! I actually managed to sleep through the night with a pacifier, and it was awesome. Before, I constantly had the problem of not being able to fall asleep with a pacifier in, because my mouth and jaw muscles got so tense trying to keep it in - basically the opposite of what a pacifier is supposed to do. I was so happy to finally have a pacifier that I can sleep with. It was so comforting and relaxing. I will definitely be sleeping with a pacifier more often. :)

The pacifier in question was my LittleForBig small shield paci, one of two adult-sized pacifiers I have. I'll probably write reviews of them later.

Congratulations! The LittleForBig pacifiers suit me as well. They are just the right size for my mouth. I often sleep through the night with it, but most nights I'll loose it in the bed.

I haven't tried sleeping with a paci. Is it as hard as sleeping while padded?

I've only managed it once. I fall asleep every night with my teddy bear, and a paci in my mouth. Only once have I woke up with it still there. Usually lost in the bed like I've seen mentioned here already.
Congratulations BabyMozart!!

Congratulations! Sleeping with a pacifier is great, so I'm glad you have one you're comfortable to do it with now! I finnaly managed to do the same a few weekends ago, and I do it as often as I can now. Hope you continue to enjoy!

Sleeping with a pacifier is fun, but difficult, so congratulations on a full nights sleep with your binky in your mouth :)

I often tend to fall asleep with my pacifier in my mouth only to wake up and notice it by my side. Mommy observed me during a nap once and said that it slides out of my mouth, this is probably due to the fact that I tend to breathe through my mouth when I'm sound asleep. I have, however, had full night sleeps and naps where I successfully kept my pacifier in my mouth the entire time, but these instances are somewhat of a rarity. If my paci falls out during sleepy/nap time, it doesn't really matter to me much because it is in my mouth non-stop when I play and regress.

It’s a great feeling having it in the mouth to start off. Sadly I have a deviated septum so when it comes to sleeping I become a huge mouth breather and lose it. I need to buy a clip for my paci so I don’t lose it. Hopefully getting surgery soon to fix my nose and then we will see if I can keep it in.

BabyMozart said:
A few nights ago, I had the incredible experience of waking up with my pacifier still in my mouth! I actually managed to sleep through the night with a pacifier, and it was awesome. Before, I constantly had the problem of not being able to fall asleep with a pacifier in, because my mouth and jaw muscles got so tense trying to keep it in - basically the opposite of what a pacifier is supposed to do. I was so happy to finally have a pacifier that I can sleep with. It was so comforting and relaxing. I will definitely be sleeping with a pacifier more often. :)

The pacifier in question was my LittleForBig small shield paci, one of two adult-sized pacifiers I have. I'll probably write reviews of them later.

Congratulations BabyMozart, on this experience. I too understand this feeling, as although for me I have grown to have this experience regularly, I know exactly the feeling that you describe.

The first time I fell asleep and woke up with my pacifier in my mouth was amazing. I think this is akin to similar experiences I have had with going to sleep in a diaper and then waking up to find it fully saturated, which was not the condition that it was when I fell asleep. Being able to experience "littleness" so to speak in these kinds of things, is an amazing experience. It is part, I believe, in becoming more in tune with your actual self and letting go of the intellectual experiences of feeling this is out of place and being able to just experience the experience for what it is.

Congratulations!

How long did you try this before you succeded?
I have tried sleeping while sucking my thumb, but have never woken up with it still in my mouth. Would love to have your experience though, as it seems like a very 'little' thing to do.
I have never tried an AB pacifier, but whenever I have sucked my thumb for some time my teeth begin to hurt, which have caused me to stop, as I fear I might damage them. Have you had this problem with pacifiers?

WittleBoy said:
Congratulations!

How long did you try this before you succeded?
I have tried sleeping while sucking my thumb, but have never woken up with it still in my mouth. Would love to have your experience though, as it seems like a very 'little' thing to do.
I have never tried an AB pacifier, but whenever I have sucked my thumb for some time my teeth begin to hurt, which have caused me to stop, as I fear I might damage them. Have you had this problem with pacifiers?

I have tried both baby and adult sized pacifiers. I would always feel uncomfortable in my teeth after using the baby sized for around an hour. I haven't felt that with the adult sized yet.

I love my pacifiers as all I use is the MAM 16 size that stays lite all night. If fact my wife loves the night paci light so she knows where her baby is.

amon said:
I have tried both baby and adult sized pacifiers. I would always feel uncomfortable in my teeth after using the baby sized for around an hour. I haven't felt that with the adult sized yet.

Thank you amon,
I will have to try out an adult pacifier at some point then :)

That's great.

I'd love to do that and wake up with a pacifier in my mouth.

BabyMozart said:

congratulations I’m still trying to sleep with mine in without it falling out. (edit) i just ordered a cuddlz adult pacifier off amazon so im looking forward to that.

Last edited:
I had a nice nap today with a baby paci (NUK 18-36+) in my mouth. It was quite nice. But they can and do fall out of your mouth a lot and there were a couple of times where I woke up needing to put it back today--I never sleep well due to my constant pain. Though it is nice to wake up and still have it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back