Not open for further replies.

Drynites96

Leaky Sleeper
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Well I had a talk with my mother about my DL side (You can read about it in my new Blog) and I'm trying to quit it. I've not worn since 4 nights and I want to see how long I can go. Every night I kinda get the urge to put on a diaper to relax and it's a bit like a fight to not wear...

Do any of you have some Tips for me how I could keep it up?

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

I’m kinda doing the opposite. I binged and purged fir quite a while, and I have only recently thought about trying another method I read about in an article. It involves balance and basically involves venting (by wearing diapers or something) every once in a while to stop everything from blowing up in a binge and then an emotional purge. Basically learning to accept that side of me. Anyways, before my change of heart; I would just do other stuff. It is going to be hard to start the purge, but the best yhing you can do is get interested in something else. Before you knoe it; you wont even think about your desires. However, this will eventually lead to you desires exploding into a binge period. Basically, you’ll get used to it, but You won’t be able to kill your desires for good. You may just be stuck in the deadly binge and purge period forever. Also, I’ve heard that getting an anchor, like yiur mom, to help you stay on a good path can really help. Eventually, you’ll probably give in again, so try and buy a small pack instead of a big one. Then, you can put one on each night. Delay purging again until your desires actually die down. That will make everything so much easier, and help you stay emotionally sane. Plus, it allows you to normally just live life, as you can tell your desires you’ll enjoy a diaper that night. For now, however, just get interests jn other things and wait a while. Good Luck! Also, if you can find a way to actually get rid of your desires, then please tell us.

DH19 said:
I’m kinda doing the opposite. I binged and purged fir quite a while, and I have only recently thought about trying another method I read about in an article. It involves balance and basically involves venting (by wearing diapers or something) every once in a while to stop everything from blowing up in a binge and then an emotional purge. Basically learning to accept that side of me. Anyways, before my change of heart; I would just do other stuff. It is going to be hard to start the purge, but the best yhing you can do is get interested in something else. Before you knoe it; you wont even think about your desires. However, this will eventually lead to you desires exploding into a binge period. Basically, you’ll get used to it, but You won’t be able to kill your desires for good. You may just be stuck in the deadly binge and purge period forever. Also, I’ve heard that getting an anchor, like yiur mom, to help you stay on a good path can really help. Eventually, you’ll probably give in again, so try and buy a small pack instead of a big one. Then, you can put one on each night. Delay purging again until your desires actually die down. That will make everything so much easier, and help you stay emotionally sane. Plus, it allows you to normally just live life, as you can tell your desires you’ll enjoy a diaper that night. For now, however, just get interests jn other things and wait a while. Good Luck! Also, if you can find a way to actually get rid of your desires, then please tell us.

I still got all my diapers and tbh I'm surprised that these four nights went so well, probably because I still use my pacifier and plushies but I must confess that I kinda need to force myself to not wear... The purge also helps me to prepare for a Camping Trip this year...

Hmm but I don't want to talk with my mother about it. She doesn't judges me for being a DL but she wants me to find something else to destress. That's what's started this purge.

My mom took me to a shrink when she discovered my diapers, so I tried desperately to quit, partly because she made me feel ashamed, and partly I wanted to do what she wanted. That lasted for several months until I got a job and moved into my own place. Then I was back into diapers and I felt such relief. I think you should do what makes you feel best as long as diapers don't rule your life or consume too much of your time or social life.

Drynites96 said:
Hmm but I don't want to talk with my mother about it. She doesn't judges me for being a DL but she wants me to find something else to destress. That's what's started this

Don't talk to her about it. If she asks or tries to bring it up, say: I do not want to talk to you about that, please respect my privacy.

That's what I had to do with my family, and it definitely helps with the purge/shame spirals

Honestly, I always find it difficult to process how someone can begrudge somebody else something that makes them feel better and helps them to unwind, especially if it isn't hurting anyone. Diapers and regression are not harmful ways of de-stressing, in fact they are a very wholesome way to de-stress, for me, my diapers and my baby-time are wholly therapeutic, they are much healthier forms of stress relief than drugs or smoking. I can understand a parent not wanting their child to engage while around them, I can even understand the parental viewpoint of "my house, my rules. When you're on your own, you can wear diapers as much as you want", but I can't understand why some of them treat diapers and regression as some morally unconscionable taboo that you should try to suppress or do away with. Make of this what you will, it seems you have a somewhat understanding parent on your hands, so this might not entirely apply.

First off, there is no surefire way to quit or curb ABDL habits and desires, though there is a way to limit and self-regulate them. For instance, if you want to please your mother, but still want to wear, simply wear diapers discretely and in the privacy of your own room when you have the time i.e. after your major responsibilities are taken care of. Wearing discretely is also a good way to avoid being found out or receiving further talks/lectures. You're 21, your mother should respect your privacy enough to allow you some time, space and freedom to indulge on the down-low and without her knowing.

Then again, if she understands or tolerates your DL tendencies and she simply wants you to branch out and find other means of relieving stress, as you have outlined in some of your responses, then I think that is a fair request that you can entertain. I'll even agree with her on this front, it's good to be a diverse and well-rounded individual, as such, it's good to have a few interests that can de-stress you. For instance, diapers and regression are huge forms of stress relief for me, but I also turn to movies, comics books, hanging out with my friends, listening to music and even going for hikes in order to cool my jets. There are lots of things I do to relieve stress, I don't always reach for my diapers and onesies. I love being a baby, don't get me wrong, but it's far from being my main source of stress relief, in fact, being an AB to me sort of transcends mere stress relief, it is a deep, personal and emotionally fulfilling part of who I am as a person (you may find that the same goes for you in relation to your DL and Little side). That being said, however, I still need to balance my AB side with my Adult side and having multiple forms of stress relief helps me to achieve this, it also makes my life more interesting, after all, variety is the spice of life.

So, yeah, it sucks that you only have tentative acceptance/understanding on the part of your Mother (you are quite lucky in that respect, my Mother absolutely flipped when she discovered my baby items, threw everything I owned out and shamed me to members of my family), but she does have a point, it's always good to have other interests. Maybe take stock of the things you like to do other than being diapered and turn to some of those if you want to lessen your diaper time at present. If you still want to wear your diapers, which is most understandable and well within your rights, then indulge in secrecy, diaper up in your room, on your own time and try to keep it private. Don't think of this as a purge, it's not, being a DL and a Little will always be a part of you and you haven't ditched your stash, maybe try thinking of or viewing this a chance to find some new hobbies and to bring some balance into your time as a DL.

Good luck to you :)

Last edited:
Perhaps bring up the option of (but don't actually do it) of drug or alcohol abuse?

Sure, the diapers are a bit odd, but harmless.

Hey Mom, could I borrow your car?

Going downtown to get drunk and score some dope; don't worry as there will be no diapers involved.

I am not really advocating saying or doing the above.

Just that it seems a bit silly to be worried about something that is done in private, is not illegal and causes no harm that I am aware of.

Aren't there far worse things that are truly worth being concerned about?

pd8615 said:
Perhaps bring up the option of (but don't actually do it) of drug or alcohol abuse?

Sure, the diapers are a bit odd, but harmless.

Hey Mom, could I borrow your car?

Going downtown to get drunk and score some dope; don't worry as there will be no diapers involved.

I am not really advocating saying or doing the above.

Just that it seems a bit silly to be worried about something that is done in private, is not illegal and causes no harm that I am aware of.

Aren't there far worse things that are truly worth being concerned about?

I told her the exact same thing, that I could be into far worse stuff like drinking or drugs and that this is completely harmless. She understands it but... *sigh* I dunno

- - - Updated - - -

Poofybutt said:
Honestly, I always find it difficult to process how someone can begrudge somebody else something that makes them feel better and helps them to unwind, especially if it isn't hurting anyone. Diapers and regression are not harmful ways of de-stressing, in fact they are a very wholesome way to de-stress, for me, my diapers and my baby-time are wholly therapeutic, they are much healthier forms of stress relief than drugs or smoking. I can understand a parent not wanting their child to engage while around them, I can even understand the parental viewpoint of "my house, my rules. When you're on your own, you can wear diapers as much as you want", but I can't understand why some of them treat diapers and regression as some morally unconscionable taboo that you should try to suppress or do away with. Make of this what you will, it seems you have a somewhat understanding parent on your hands, so this might not entirely apply.

First off, there is no surefire way to quit or curb ABDL habits and desires, though there is a way to limit and self-regulate them. For instance, if you want to please your mother, but still want to wear, simply wear diapers discretely and in the privacy of your own room when you have the time i.e. after your major responsibilities are taken care of. Wearing discretely is also a good way to avoid being found out or receiving further talks/lectures. You're 21, your mother should respect your privacy enough to allow you some time, space and freedom to indulge on the down-low and without her knowing.

Then again, if she understands or tolerates your DL tendencies and she simply wants you to branch out and find other means of relieving stress, as you have outlined in some of your responses, then I think that is a fair request that you can entertain. I'll even agree with her on this front, it's good to be a diverse and well-rounded individual, as such, it's good to have a few interests that can de-stress you. For instance, diapers and regression are huge forms of stress relief for me, but I also turn to movies, comics books, hanging out with my friends, listening to music and even going for hikes in order to cool my jets. There are lots of things I do to relieve stress, I don't always reach for my diapers and onesies. I love being a baby, don't get me wrong, but it's far from being my main source of stress relief, in fact, being an AB to me sort of transcends mere stress relief, it is a deep, personal and emotionally fulfilling part of who I am as a person (you may find that the same goes for you in relation to your DL and Little side). That being said, however, I still need to balance my AB side with my Adult side and having multiple forms of stress relief helps me to achieve this, it also makes my life more interesting, after all, variety is the spice of life.

So, yeah, it sucks that you only have tentative acceptance/understanding on the part of your Mother (you are quite lucky in that respect, my Mother absolutely flipped when she discovered my baby items, threw everything I owned out and shamed me to members of my family), but she does have a point, it's always good to have other interests. Maybe take stock of the things you like to do other than being diapered and turn to some of those if you want to lessen your diaper time at present. If you still want to wear your diapers, which is most understandable and well within your rights, then indulge in secrecy, diaper up in your room, on your own time and try to keep it private. Don't think of this as a purge, it's not, being a DL and a Little will always be a part of you and you haven't ditched your stash, maybe try thinking of or viewing this a chance to find some new hobbies and to bring some balance into your time as a DL.

Good luck to you :)

I don't wear around my parents. I wear only in my room and at night.

I have other things to help me to de-stress, like music or my Basketball Practice but my Team and I can 't practice this week because the gym is closed... The practice also helps me to relax, even if it's really exhausting and challenging for me

I read your blog and have to respond with a big internet hug buddy.

Of course your mother wants you to be vanilla, popular, zero addictions, adored, generator of grandkids, successful... parents generally have your best interests at heart but they are not always right and not always going to be able to understand/accept every facet of your makeup.

I get peoples “be discreet around the Muggles” to be respectful of those that you care about and to be safe from ridicule/misunderstanding in the broader community but always make sure you are happy with your choices as life goes by very fast and regret at not being you is a waste.

Argent said:
I read your blog and have to respond with a big internet hug buddy.

Of course your mother wants you to be vanilla, popular, zero addictions, adored, generator of grandkids, successful... parents generally have your best interests at heart but they are not always right and not always going to be able to understand/accept every facet of your makeup.

I get peoples “be discreet around the Muggles” to be respectful of those that you care about and to be safe from ridicule/misunderstanding in the broader community but always make sure you are happy with your choices as life goes by very fast and regret at not being you is a waste.
I know and I'm still trying to force myself not to wear. I wore again last night since 4 Nights. It felt great. I just dunno what to do... Should I continue or try to stop?

It's really tough for me at the Moment because it took me almost half of my Life to accept myself for being a DL and now a I'm doubting myself again...

Drynites96 said:
I know and I'm still trying to force myself not to wear. I wore again last night since 4 Nights. It felt great. I just dunno what to do... Should I continue or try to stop?

It's really tough for me at the Moment because it took me almost half of my Life to accept myself for being a DL and now a I'm doubting myself again...

The ONLY example I have ever seen where some successfully quit loving diapers, was where they first learned to fully embrace them.

Everyone else either binges sooner or later, or picks up a destructive habit/hobby to try and fill the hole in you it leaves. Apparently you mom doesn't get this point either.

The very fact you couldn't go even just one week without needing a diaper speaks volumes in its own (not judging, I can't go a few hours without one). You've already answered your own question if you should keep trying to stop or not.

Slomo said:
The ONLY example I have ever seen where some successfully quit loving diapers, was where they first learned to fully embrace them.

Everyone else either binges sooner or later, or picks up a destructive habit/hobby to try and fill the hole in you it leaves. Apparently you mom doesn't get this point either.

The very fact you couldn't go even just one week without needing a diaper speaks volumes in its own (not judging, I can't go a few hours without one). You've already answered your own question if you should keep trying to stop or not.

I've embraced them. I believe that they're a part of me but I still sometimes feel bad about it, mostly when someone asks me about it and wants to learn about it.

Yeah... My Sport helps me a bit with it but I can't practice since a couple of weeks because the gym is closed.

Yeah kinda ^^' and tbh I feel bad about this sometimes but it's nothing bad. My mother even asked me if I do drugs or drink because of this. (I sometimes drink at Parties but not always)

I dunno what to do anymore because I kinda want to try to wear less because of a Camping Trip this year with my Cousin but it won't work. I don't sleep so good without diapers.

Last edited:
IMHO, forcing someone to "purge" from something that's comforting and isn't harmful is very inconsiderate.

bambinod said:
IMHO, forcing someone to "purge" from something that's comforting and isn't harmful is very inconsiderate.
She doesn't force me... I force myself because of a Camping Trip this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back