Wetting (subconsciously) during the night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybeshewill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Hello!

Just by typing out the subject of this thread, you instantly get a couple of similar, suggested threads. Let me assure you that -as far I checked- this has a somewhat original spin, with a twist of personal worry (yay. /s)

Has it ever happened that you diaper up for the night, only to wake up wet in the morning? No waking up feeling the urge, no moments of lucidity, just a straight block of sleep and *poof* you've had an accident. I've posted it in this section as it concerns mostly AB and non-IC people.

I'm asking because it's been happening for me. Recently I've been wearing at night for comfort (it feels pretty good when it's chilly, snuggled under the bed). I've been doing so for a week or two straight. In the last few days, I've woken up wet.

IF this has occurred to anyone else, what do you think is the explanation?
I was thinking it's subconscious; Even while sleeping, your brain knows it's padded, so it feels comfortable releasing without troubling you too much with wake-up-calls. Of course, this would require a certain head-space, a certain amount of time for your brain to adjust to this new parameter..but I think it could be so, right?

On the other hand, I'm a bit worried that now that I've conditioned my brain, it's not going to re-adjust in a pinch. I'm not going to be wearing for a while and this troubles me. Partly because I've had a prior negative experience with a bedtime accident, and partly knowing what a strange thing our minds are. And of course, there's always a hint of paranoia that I've overstepped my boundaries and flown a bit too close to the sun :p

tl;dr: Is it possible for a brain to ''get used'' to wetting at night to the point it doesn't even bother waking you up after a while?

Thanks for reading!

yes, your subconscience has finally realised that it does not need to ask your conscience mind permission to pee. when the blatter says "Im full" the subconscience says " hey, no problem we are wearing a diaper, go for it, blatter." and you wake up wet.

I would be concerned if you've used the toilet right before you went to bed. I'll deliberately not use the toilet just to see if I will wet my diaper while asleep, but it's only happened twice in the last several years. As ggreggy said, it may be a psychological thing with your mind either accepting or wanting to use your diaper while you sleep. I've had a number of diaper dreams which I always enjoy. It's hard to predict how the mind will act and react.

dogboy said:
I would be concerned if you've used the toilet right before you went to bed. I'll deliberately not use the toilet just to see if I will wet my diaper while asleep, but it's only happened twice in the last several years. As ggreggy said, it may be a psychological thing with your mind either accepting or wanting to use your diaper while you sleep. I've had a number of diaper dreams which I always enjoy. It's hard to predict how the mind will act and react.

I can't really remember if I went to the bathroom before sleeping, though I usually do as do most people.

Though I am starting to be less concerned, since I slept diapered for one last last night today, but consciously told myself I need to get up and use the bathroom if necessary. The brain complied without hesitance. :biggrin:

Im having a nerve issue and the last 4 weeks have been a bit of a hell for me in this department. The question for me is they why. It didn't happen in a diaper at first. Ive been under a TON of stress and the urologist believes it's a stress thing.

I don't want to tell you it's one way or the other but just be careful that it isn't a medical issue. If you have issues when you don't want to it may be time to talk to the DOC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back