Diaper hoarding, anyone else experience this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I "stockpile" & "hoard".
I missed out on stockpiling the classic purple Molicares, which feels like a major tragedy to me.
So now I do both (?hoardpile?) with Abena Abri-Form M-4 & L-4s.

Otherwise, I definitely hoard.

I have 100's of cheap, thin diapers bought at thrift stores.
They're pretty much useless, the low-budget kind used by shitty nursing homes & provided by public aid healthcare.
One day I plan on seeing how many I can put on at once (goal is at least 100).
I know it will look stupid & be totally non-functional, but I want to be able to say I wore a 100+-layer diaper!

I have box after box of "Archives", 1 or 2 of each diaper I've collected over the years, all my worn-out AB clothes & plastic pants.
I just can't bring myself to throw them out.

I've got endless supplies of pads & belted undergarments that I used to think were useless.
But I live in a very rainy place, and my car leaks- so now I use them to soak up the water inside.
So, yeah- I change my car's diapers every few days, lol.

As for regular inventory, I feel compelled to have on hand ALL my favorite brands & styles of diapers in multiple sizes.
I never want to be assembling a ridiculously-thick layered diaper & not be able to use a particular diaper in a specific size that I think would be perfect then & there.

So, yeah. I'm a bit obsessed with my diaper collection, lol.

The trouble with stockpiling in a domestic environment is the sheer volume required if you are a full-time wearer. I can easily get through a couple of packs a week; to last even a couple of months requires five cases or more, a volume greater than that of any other product in the house, too much to store in any regular piece of furniture. It would take the whole spare room to store enough diapers to last until their shelf-life had expired, while the equivalent supply of cosmetics would fit in one drawer. So diapers are really the one consumable product for which you don't want to have to worry about future availability, yet their niche status (ABDL premium brands especially) makes their availability unpredictable.

My stash divides into two sections. Bulk stock for regular use, and small reserve stocks of old favourites now discontinued that I like to keep for benchmarking purposes. E.g, when purple Molicare Super Plus were axed, I saved a couple of packs. This made it possible to do A/B comparisons with the blue Slip Maxi replacement. It's interesting sometimes to drop a brand or style that you haven't worn for a while into the daily routine, to confirm or deny recollections of how good/bad it really was. When I have just a few diapers of an old style left, I also put them into the 'museum' box, which will be interesting to browse through after a few decades, or sell on eBay if I lose interest!

carstoncouche said:
I "stockpile" & "hoard".
I missed out on stockpiling the classic purple Molicares, which feels like a major tragedy to me.

I recently moved cross country and had around 25 packs of the classic purple Molicare diapers that I didn't want to take with me. I put them on Offer Up & Let Go but no one was interested so I donated them to Goodwill. Of course the very next day someone contacted me who was interested.

carstoncouche said:
I "stockpile" & "hoard".I have 100's of cheap, thin diapers bought at thrift stores.
They're pretty much useless, the low-budget kind used by shitty nursing homes & provided by public aid healthcare.
One day I plan on seeing how many I can put on at once (goal is at least 100).
I know it will look stupid & be totally non-functional, but I want to be able to say I wore a 100+-layer diaper!

This would be hilarious. Take that, Goodnites, with your measly 5-layer products!

carstoncouche said:
I have box after box of "Archives", 1 or 2 of each diaper I've collected over the years, all my worn-out AB clothes & plastic pants.
I just can't bring myself to throw them out.

That's what I refer to mine as too. I started with two of each, but it took so much space I went to just one (didn't want to have more than a box to archive things in).

I liked your post, laying out all the classes of diapers and how they're handled.

Bokeh said:
I recently moved cross country and had around 25 packs of the classic purple Molicare diapers that I didn't want to take with me. I put them on Offer Up & Let Go but no one was interested so I donated them to Goodwill. Of course the very next day someone contacted me who was interested.

I'm going to cry myself to sleep thinking about those "lost" bags of Molicares, lol. It makes me wonder though- I ALWAYS pop into every thrift store I see when I'm on a vacation road-trip. What would I do if I came across 25 packs of purple Molicares?
OMG, I don't know. I guess I'd rent a trailer??

Bokeh said:
I only like plastic backed diapers and I remember when Luvs was the last brand to phase out their plastic backed diapers around 01'-02'. I didn't discover that Adult Diapers were still plastic backed until right around the time when many of the big companies like Lille, Abena, Tena were all phasing out their plastic backed products for cloth.

Of course this was all right before the AB/DL diaper revolution really took off. During the time when Bambino only had a couple diaper choices & ABU was the new guy in town & their diapers & customer service sucked. These were still new companies and no one really knew how long they would last.

I think because of this, I became paranoid that a time would come when all diaper companies eventually switched to cloth backed offerings. I started hoarding diapers out of fear that I would no longer be able to find the diapers I liked. If I wanted a pack of diapers, I would order a case, only open one pack and stash the rest. Because of this I have acquired a MASSIVE diaper collection which includes diapers that are no more. Diapers like Classy Comfort, Abena X-Plus (before all the quality changes), Tena Slip Maxi, Unique Wellness, Mediprime Eurobriefs...etc. I now have so many diapers that I literally had to rent an 8'x8' storage locker to store them in until I bought a house with a basement.

Has anyone else experienced this same paranoia driven diaper hoarding?
I
d be lying if I said I didn't keep one or two from a set, case is a bit beyond what I saved though,

As of a few days ago I counted my dips so i could try shocking my best friend and counted ~140! This is the most I've had...EVER! I still want more, and a lot of the ones I have aren't ones I use every night. I definitely have a diaper hoarding issue right now. I'm afraid I'll run out so I kept buying more and not I have a decent variation.

since I only wear cloth diapers, I started with 2 flat birdseye diapers. I found that I use 3 to 4 diapers a day and a heavier night time diaper at night. slowly my stash increased as I wear diapers with increasing regularity to now I have enough for 3 days, it is still not enough, and will need to increase my supply. I bought a pull up diaper that I will wear to work with a diaper cover over it and of course my uniform.

I tend to run my stash down so I have the excitement of buying more, it feels like I'm doing something I shouldn't lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back