Thread: Failed run

Default Failed run

Well I figured it be a perfect day to go get some diapers, well it didn't workout. I had everthing perfectly planned (guess not) got to the store in record time on my bike. I got to the store bought some of the walgreens brand overnights went to put them in my back pack and they didn't fit, so I tried stuffing them in and ended up breaking the zipper. I ended up being able to return them luckily. So if there is a moral to the story make sure your prepared.

BabyWolf

And get a bigger backpack. =)

Sucks that it happened. That being said, I used a Kelty day pack for my high school backpack because it had wide paddded straps and was large enough to carry all my books (50 pounds of them; no joke). I still have a couple of them, including one that's brand new. It would easily fit a bag of diapers. So if you're looking for an excuse to buy a better backpack, you can always say, "the straps hurt my shoulders."

Ya, my larger backpack was in use. Should have just cleared it out.

if you would have taken them out of the pack; would they have fit?

Hey that is just unfortunate. Hope a lesson has been learned and that you have a bigger backpack in the future. Now you returned them just because you couldn't fit them all is that right?

Yes I did return them because I couldn't make them fit. The problem is walgreens is like right on the main business bur, I was gonna try but that was risky.

secretdl26

Hey at least the failed run was because of logistical problems. I chickened out at least 5 times before I bought a pack of diapers.

The first few times I bought diapers, I was so bashful that if something had gone wrong (they didn't fit me, I had a house fire while I was away, they smelled like kelp) I would've just thrown them away and eaten the cost rather than return them. You're to be commended.
    Last edited by Rheeer; 30-Apr-2009 at 23:03. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota13 View Post
    Well I figured it be a perfect day to go get some diapers, well it didn't workout. I had everthing perfectly planned (guess not) got to the store in record time on my bike. I got to the store bought some of the walgreens brand overnights went to put them in my back pack and they didn't fit, so I tried stuffing them in and ended up breaking the zipper. I ended up being able to return them luckily. So if there is a moral to the story make sure your prepared.
    Thats wierd that you said that. This actually happened to me on my last diaper run. Not exactly, but mostly the same way.

I went to the store and took the diapers up to the self check out. I bought the diapers and everything was great. There was a woman standing behind me staring at me the whole time (late 50's early 60's) but that didn't stop me. I put the money in the machine and everything went smoothly. I put my diapers in my bag, and went to pull the zipper up............and the zipper wouldent go up! It was one of those pull over your shoulder, one strap backpacks. I overestimated the size of the diapers and so the zipper wouldent shut. I decided that I wasent going to give up, so I just put the backpack back on my back, then grabbed my change and diapers, and started walking to the exit. I looked back at the woman and gave her a wink (I had to let her know that she WAS NOT a good starer!) and left.

My diaper run was a little like your's......but not really. I hope it helped you a little. That sounds like a real bummer. Good luck on your next trip!