Loud pee/hiss sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
This may sound like bullshit but I just had an awkward experience. I’ve had my catheter out for a little while now. I thought I was having one of my good days and I hadn’t wet myself yet. Not having he feeling of a full bladder I walked to the (very quiet) break room and nuked some green tea. As I was fixing it up a coworker comes in and we’re chatting away when she says “what’s that sound” and lowers her head at the sink that I was standing right next to. I asked what sound because I didn’t know yet and she said “like water going down the drain I the sink” then I heard and realized that it was me.
She leaned closer and before I could move she said “oh my god, it’s you. You're...” and stood up. She looked at me and said “what happened?”. I thought I could play it off cool and I said “I don’t know, the sink is probably gettin clogged or something” and she said “I’m not going to tell anyone. I know what happened. I’ve heard it before with my mom before she passed. I meant what happened to you that your wearing diapers?” Holy... freaking... god... rather than bullshit I told her that I have a haywire nerve somewhere and it causes problems. My hands were again so damn much I spilled tea in myself and burnt my fingers (they are still shaking). She told me again not to worry and but I don’t know if I believe/trust her or not.
I want to crawl under a damn rock right now and not coming until I know she has forgotten about it. I needed to get this off my damn chest. This day sucks. I think I'm going to catheterize again. Iforgot how loud the hissing sound can be at times. Why does this crap have to happen to me?!

It used to happen with me too. I had urge incontinence, and could only ever pee under great straining pressure. My pee always came out as a tiny (low volume) but pressurezed stream.

Thicker diapers, and a good diaper cover both help to muffle the sound greatly. In my quiet work I used to have a trainee in my same small office. I probed him a few times, and believe he never knew or heard- yet it still seemed obvious to me every time.

I had a dry 24/7 on but my pants are pretty thin. I don’t worry much about the crinkle because there’s enough ambience in the office to hide it. I think I had it on too tight and maybe because of the fact that I was leaning against the sink made it noticeable. I feel like I have to avoid her for the rest of my life now.

I think you handled it well. You explained it's a medical condition and since she can relate with caring for her mom I don't think she will say anything. She might even go more out of her way to be nice to you.

I've not experienced that all that often myself. My stream probably isn't quite powerful enough for it given my issues. My wife has said she can hear it very occasionally, but never just a random person before.

Scaramouche said:
I think you handled it well. You explained it's a medical condition and since she can relate with caring for her mom I don't think she will say anything. She might even go more out of her way to be nice to you.

So far so good. Sheen an older lady who hates everyone, but has been really nice to me so far today. Kind of scary lol

Maux said:
I've not experienced that all that often myself. My stream probably isn't quite powerful enough for it given my issues. My wife has said she can hear it very occasionally, but never just a random person before.

I’ve had it happen when my ex noticed, but that was when we were in bed (yet another very quiet time). This is the first time I’ve ever had anyone else notice it, hence my panic post.

Well it's great your coworker immediately said she wouldn't say anything. And it sounds like she understood you have a legitimate need for them. (Something she may understand given her own mom) Chances are you'll be ok.

Though it is the quiet ones you need to worry about.... just kidding.

She really heard it? Wow that must be a quiet room. While I can sometimes hear my stream it has to be pretty quiet for me to hear it.

Hotdog55 said:
She really heard it? Wow that must be a quiet room. While I can sometimes hear my stream it has to be pretty quiet for me to hear it.

The room is very quiet and it was a really loud and long. I’ve never had it so loud before. I’ve also never held back that much irons before wetting. My bladder goes into random spasms that can be painful and I usually don’t hold very much. I haven’t had my catheter out very long either so I didn’t think I could possibly hold as much. When I get home I’m putting the damn catheter back in. The only thing that I can think of that caused the volume was that I was in a hurry in the morning and put my diaper on tighter than normal and I was also slouched and leaning against the sink.

On a side note, she hasn’t brought it up again so I’m starting to relax a little. Still nerveracking.

Hotdog55 said:

It all depends on the pressure of the stream. A given flow rate through a large opening would be pretty quiet. The same flow rate though a pin hole will sound like a high pitched fire hose.

I had this problem when my sphincter wasn't opening up (and again with my stricture). What little came out was almost stong enough to power wash my toilet bowl clean (well maybe not that strong). You could definitely hear it though, and that was in spite of being less than half my normal flow rate.

mayhem said:
The room is very quiet and it was a really loud and long. I’ve never had it so loud before. I’ve also never held back that much irons before wetting. My bladder goes into random spasms that can be painful and I usually don’t hold very much. I haven’t had my catheter out very long either so I didn’t think I could possibly hold as much. When I get home I’m putting the damn catheter back in. The only thing that I can think of that caused the volume was that I was in a hurry in the morning and put my diaper on tighter than normal and I was also slouched and leaning against the sink.

On a side note, she hasn’t brought it up again so I’m starting to relax a little. Still nerveracking.
I totally understand how thats nerve-racking but you just have to keep breathing lol. It definitely sucks that, that happened but she was cool about it and you handled it correctly. There's nothing else you could've done. If you want to go home and Cath, do it but don't worry too much. Also make sure you try and tape better next time if you think that may have contributed.

I've had it happen a few times where it seemed like it was plainly audible. Luckily, I was alone on those occasions. I control when I go, so it's not likely that I'll be letting loose in a quiet room with heavy pressure. Sorry that happened. It sounds like although she was overly forward, she didn't intend anything negative by it.

Thank god this shitty day is over and I'm home. I ended up having a softball size wet spot on the back of my pants and on my office chair from a leak. At least no one saw or noticed that because I stayed later. Could anything else go wrong?!!!!!!!

Well this morning she said “hey I have some diapers left over from my mom that you can have. I never knew what to do with them and just shoved them in the back of a closet.” She didn’t remember what kind they were or the size. I guess I’ll find out on when she comes back from lunch break.

She brought the diapers. They are in clear bags with no markings. The diapers are blue and size large. I’m not sure if I can use them or not. They are really thin.

mayhem said:
Well this morning she said “hey I have some diapers left over from my mom that you can have. I never knew what to do with them and just shoved them in the back of a closet.” She didn’t remember what kind they were or the size. I guess I’ll find out on when she comes back from lunch break.

Wow, it's nice your coworker is trying to be so nice and supportive! Even if they turn out to be crappy depends, make sure to thank her.

However, I also understand how nerve wracking it can be, being forced tocbring your problems into the open like that. Your coworker apparently has not considered this in her attempt to be supportive. You may want to politely bring this up to enlighten her some, or she may just keep on trying to help you.

mayhem said:
She brought the diapers. They are in clear bags with no markings. The diapers are blue and size large. I’m not sure if I can use them or not. They are really thin.

Can you take a picture? Someone might be able to identify them.

mayhem said:
They are about as absorbent as attends. The fit better if i use a scissors and cut about 4-5" off of the top in the front.

https://imgur.com/65uXUjj

https://imgur.com/b6BInlN

Let me know if you can't see the pictures.
If you cut the diaper and modify the seal you are at risk of disaster I strongly suggest do not cut your diapers please! As I said in earlier thread You wear diapers change your wardrobe to reflect diaper wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back