Not open for further replies.

AngelKitten

Diapered But Proud!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I just turned 50 years old on January 28, 2018. The day of my birthday, I received an e-mail from Ken, a key account manager for Abena North America in Culver City, CA. I'm a fairly regular poster at the NAFC forum (an incontinence support forum) as is Ken.

I've been in contact with Ken since December 2017 about doing product reviews for Abena as a customer, consumer, and purchaser of their adult incontinence products. When Ken e-mailed me, he informed me that a very generous and ample supply of Abena adult briefs, adult pull-ups, and their new wipes were on their way to me. I am expecting these samples to arrive today via FEDEX.

Abena wants me to to try out their products, and write reviews of them, so that they may quote me for testimonials and marketing purposes for their company. They only use first names for these, but I'm not worried, as I really don't mind at all having my name associated with reviews of products that I use and care about. I've already written and submitted a review of the Abena L4 diapers, since I've been wearing them for a while now.

The really nice thing is that I won't have to pay so much out-of-pocket for my incontinence supplies, as the free samples will help with that. I am hoping that this will be the start of a long-term partnership with Abena. I'm excited to be a product reviewer for Abena. I'll post updates as the situation progresses further.

AngelKitten said:
I just turned 50 years old on January 28, 2018. The day of my birthday, I received an e-mail from Ken, a key account manager for Abena North America in Culver City, CA. I'm a fairly regular poster at the NAFC forum (an incontinence support forum) as is Ken.

I've been in contact with Ken since December 2017 about doing product reviews for Abena as a customer, consumer, and purchaser of their adult incontinence products. When Ken e-mailed me, he informed me that a very generous and ample supply of Abena adult briefs, adult pull-ups, and their new wipes were on their way to me. I am expecting these samples to arrive today via FEDEX.

Abena wants me to to try out their products, and write reviews of them, so that they may quote me for testimonials and marketing purposes for their company. They only use first names for these, but I'm not worried, as I really don't mind at all having my name associated with reviews of products that I use and care about. I've already written and submitted a review of the Abena L4 diapers, since I've been wearing them for a while now.

The really nice thing is that I won't have to pay so much out-of-pocket for my incontinence supplies, as the free samples will help with that. I am hoping that this will be the start of a long-term partnership with Abena. I'm excited to be a product reviewer for Abena. I'll post updates as the situation progresses further.

That sound cool but when you review them don't just say they work good or not. You need to compare them to other widely used diapers. Maybe ATN vs Abena vs Betterdry (or something like that).

I’d love to see them make a level 5 diaper (plastic backed) and without the printer squiggly lines all over the middle. They serve no purpose.

mayhem said:
I’d love to see them make a level 5 diaper (plastic backed) and without the printer squiggly lines all over the middle. They serve no purpose.

That would be cool. They could even make it exactly like they used to be about 4-5 years ago.

I stopped purchasing the Abena products about 5 years ago, when their quality was downgraded considerably. I would like to see them go back to the way they used to be, but I have my doubts.

Abena has downgraded for about 10 years now, they were once know for being the best available, but that day is long gone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've bought quite a few of their Xplus/4's over the years. They're no longer what I would consider a "premium capacity", but do fine for a typical weekday overnight for me. Right around the same level as say a confidry 247. So I really don't have anything bad to say about them.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Abena has downgraded for about 10 years now, they were once know for being the best available, but that day is long gone.

Was it really that long ago now? Wow how time flies....

Anyways, at least we all seem to agree a level 5 abena would need to be like it was before they got cheapened up so badly.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:

Agree 100%, The original XPLUS was a fantastic product and the current M4 is a very sad crappy shadow of it's former self.

I don't really get Abena's angle here either, considering there are thousands of reviews of the M4 online and everyone else who buys a pack with their own money insists on adding their own review to the mix anyway.

blob said:
Agree 100%, The original XPLUS was a fantastic product and the current M4 is a very sad crappy shadow of it's former self.

I don't really get Abena's angle here either, considering there are thousands of reviews of the M4 online and everyone else who buys a pack with their own money insists on adding their own review to the mix anyway.

Yeah, and I remember when everyone started jumping the abena ship when they cheapened up their diapers to save mone and increase profits. They lost so much market share from it though, that less than one year later they still had to raise their prices.

Abena really screwed themselves when they put their customers second to immediate profits. What's dumber is a number of other companies tried doing the same thing after them too. Molicare and tena used to be great diapers too, but not anymore. Heck, depends went even cheaper than them too.

That turned out to be good for confidry and northshore though. Lets just hope they don't make the same mistake too.

Well i am into my 3rd case and they do what i want them to do and will keep using them. I have had zero trouble with them and i m very happy with that.

I do wish Abenas were more colorful instead of plain white and didn’t have a big wetness indicator throughout the middle of the diapers.

bigtoddler96 said:
I do wish Abenas were more colorful instead of plain white and didn’t have a big wetness indicator throughout the middle of the diapers.

I don't care too much for the "racing stripes", but my major issue with them is they're not centered, so when I tape up I have to aim a little to the left, and a lot to the right of them to keep the tapes centered and not end up too tight around my right leg or too loose around my left leg. :p

bambinod said:
I don't care too much for the "racing stripes", but my major issue with them is they're not centered, so when I tape up I have to aim a little to the left, and a lot to the right of them to keep the tapes centered and not end up too tight around my right leg or too loose around my left leg. :p

Everybody knows the racing stripes make you pee faster. And they are off centered like that to make it harder for the (fashion) police to follow you.

Slomo said:
Everybody knows the racing stripes make you pee faster. And they are off centered like that to make it harder for the (fashion) police to follow you.

Exactly!

OP, I hope that as well as a review you also give them feedback. It seems like we all have a general consensus on here, and I think it's an excellent opportunity for a company to listen to their consumers.

slomo said:
everybody knows the racing stripes make you pee faster. And they are off centered like that to make it harder for the (fashion) police to follow you.

lol!!!

Only down grade I notice was no rear elastic . they still absorb very well for me. And the tapes are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back