Bedwetting Experiences Growing Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfan9389

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
As all of you may know, I wet the bed starting when I was 14 in the 8th grade. My parents bought me GoodNites and put them in my room. Then for some reason they made me go with them every time I had to buy more. Either it was to embarrass me by having me walk down the baby aisle thinking I would stop wetting the bed, or it was to make me feel more responsible for handling my bedwetting. (probably the second one). I would keep my wipes and GoodNites on to pf my dresser, but hid them when I had friends over. I also had a sheet to protect my mattress that crinkled really loudly. I was afraid to go to sleepovers, but remember being nervous when traveling on vacation and to relatives house and having to throw away my GoodNites away from home were people might see them. (mainly because I was worried about my cousins teasing me). I remember the GoodNites had soccer players on them when I started wetting the bed and when I quit wearing GoodNites 5 years ago in college (due to leaks) they were all colored like they are now. It's helping me a lot to be able to share with other incontinent people or even just people of the ABDL community. I've become more accepting of my nighttime problems than I used to be and found better products in tape-on diapers than the GoodNites and Depends i was using. I know I repeat myself but it has helped.

Does anyone else have any experiences to share about bedwetting and how everyone around you handled it growing up? Did everyone wear GoodNites like me or another type of incontinence product?

I grew up as a bed wetter. I had wet most of my life and didn't finally "grow out of it" until my mid to late teens. Throughout this time, I had always taken care of my nighttime accidents and we only used a plastic sheet for protection. The cleanup was never forced on me, nor did my parents ever use this as "punishment", rather it was just a responsibility of mine. I probably started stripping sheets, washing, and making my bed around the first grade.

I looked upon this quite differently at different times in my life. When I was really young, it didn't even phase me. I had no idea that something was "different" with me until I reached about six or seven.

Around this time I knew I was "different", however it really didn't affect me and I hadn't taken much notice of it until about age ten.

At this point in life I became a bit distressed with bed wetting and I knew that something was "wrong" with me. This change in attitude probably came about because of scouts, camping trips, sleep overs, all things that I was now a bit wary to take part in that a normal hyper-active outgoing 10 year old boy would. It didn't stop me (never did), though it made things a bit more difficult and stressful at times since you have to plan things out by telling your friends parents, school and scout organizations, and family. I was always smart about my night-time accidents though. I never panicked, worried too much, and just kept taking responsibility for them.

By the time I was twelve or so the stress had pretty much vanished, and I was now just dealing with a "condition". I had been really lucky that NO ONE had ever found out (without being told prior) or caught me, and they never would.

At about fourteen/fifteen my mom (probably out of frustration and prompted by a coupon for Attends) asked me if I would like to try diapers to make things easier around the house. I was absolutely dumbstruck and froze. The thought had never crossed my mind and I hadn't even realized that diapers that big existed. I seriously thought that I was the only one in the world with this issue at my age.

It took me all day to wrap my mind around the proposal, and around bedtime that night I had decided that anything was better than the chance of waking up early as hell cold and wet.

About two weeks later I had finally worked up the courage to answer her. As it happened we were in the supermarket and passing what I now knew were incontinence supplies. I pointed at them and told her that it might be worth giving it a shot. She said no and that I would outgrow it.

I did finally out grow bed wetting that year. My issues returned later in life, but that's how I dealt with bedwetting when I was a kid. That's how a lot of kids handled bedwetting. Goodnites and their kind of product are really new. You were lucky. You think it was hard trying to figure out how to dispose of a little used Goodnite? Try waking up really early at a group sleepover and realizing that you're wet and you've got to take care of wet clothing and bedding discreetly. Nothing beats the embarrassment of having to notify camp counselors and teachers that you wet the bed when going on overnight trips.

I mean, I get it. Bedwetting is pretty embarrassing as a kid and difficult to handle no matter what, but MAN! I WISH I had an option like Goodnites. Nothing more horrible than constantly waking up early as hell cold and wet. Always cold and wet.

Llayden said:
I grew up as a bed wetter. I had wet most of my life and didn't finally "grow out of it" until my mid to late teens. Throughout this time, I had always taken care of my nighttime accidents and we only used a plastic sheet for protection. The cleanup was never forced on me, nor did my parents ever use this as "punishment", rather it was just a responsibility of mine. I probably started stripping sheets, washing, and making my bed around the first grade.

I looked upon this quite differently at different times in my life. When I was really young, it didn't even phase me. I had no idea that something was "different" with me until I reached about six or seven.

Around this time I knew I was "different", however it really didn't affect me and I hadn't taken much notice of it until about age ten.

At this point in life I became a bit distressed with bed wetting and I knew that something was "wrong" with me. This change in attitude probably came about because of scouts, camping trips, sleep overs, all things that I was now a bit wary to take part in that a normal hyper-active outgoing 10 year old boy would. It didn't stop me (never did), though it made things a bit more difficult and stressful at times since you have to plan things out by telling your friends parents, school and scout organizations, and family. I was always smart about my night-time accidents though. I never panicked, worried too much, and just kept taking responsibility for them.

By the time I was twelve or so the stress had pretty much vanished, and I was now just dealing with a "condition". I had been really lucky that NO ONE had ever found out (without being told prior) or caught me, and they never would.

At about fourteen/fifteen my mom (probably out of frustration and prompted by a coupon for Attends) asked me if I would like to try diapers to make things easier around the house. I was absolutely dumbstruck and froze. The thought had never crossed my mind and I hadn't even realized that diapers that big existed. I seriously thought that I was the only one in the world with this issue at my age.

It took me all day to wrap my mind around the proposal, and around bedtime that night I had decided that anything was better than the chance of waking up early as hell cold and wet.

About two weeks later I had finally worked up the courage to answer her. As it happened we were in the supermarket and passing what I now knew were incontinence supplies. I pointed at them and told her that it might be worth giving it a shot. She said no and that I would outgrow it.

I did finally out grow bed wetting that year. My issues returned later in life, but that's how I dealt with bedwetting when I was a kid. That's how a lot of kids handled bedwetting. Goodnites and their kind of product are really new. You were lucky. You think it was hard trying to figure out how to dispose of a little used Goodnite? Try waking up really early at a group sleepover and realizing that you're wet and you've got to take care of wet clothing and bedding discreetly. Nothing beats the embarrassment of having to notify camp counselors and teachers that you wet the bed when going on overnight trips.

I mean, I get it. Bedwetting is pretty embarrassing as a kid and difficult to handle no matter what, but MAN! I WISH I had an option like Goodnites. Nothing more horrible than constantly waking up early as hell cold and wet. Always cold and wet.

Yeah. I'm glad my parents acted so quickly to get me GoodNites even though they were just tired of laundry. I would rather them not have tried to embarrass me about them, but I began to like the fact that I wasn't cold and soaked in the morning.

Hi! I wet the bed until I was 9 or 10. Each night, I was diapered in a cloth diaper and plastic/rubber pants, and every morning before school, I had to take a bath in Dreft water to eliminate any odors. My mom tried disposables, but apparently I had some kind of negative reaction to them, so cloth it was. Like you, sleepovers, etc. were a problem, and I don't remember ever staying over at friend's houses until after the bedwetting stopped.

While I don't remember ever being punished for wetting the bed, I'm sure I was teased, as it became very embarrassing. I remember being mortified when my sister's boyfriend walked in the room while I was getting diapered for bed. Eventually, it stopped and I had no more issues until the last couple years, when I began having accidents that progressed over time to be an almost nightly occurrence.

I guess as I adjusted to adult bedwetting, at least I was familiar with the routine, which made the transition easier on me.

I grew up a chronic every night bedwetter. Back in my day there were no disposable nappies and I wore terry nappies and plastic pants at night until I was about 9 years old. After that I just had to endure wet sheets. I went back to nappies at night when I was about 15 because I was still wetting more or less every night. These were poorly fitting big blue disposable adult nappies supplied by the NHS Continence service. They usually leaked but I didn't care. By now my folks just accepted I wet the bed and probably always would. My bed had a thick and noisy Sandra waterproof mattress protector and I was experted to change my own sheets if they were wet. I finally became reliably dry at night in my early 20's.

- - - Updated - - -

MailCat581 said:
I was a bedwetter as a child until I was 12 years of age. My grandparents would buy me Pampers until I was 8; and then switched to Luvs about the time that the gender specific ones came out. I was really small for my age and could fit in baby diapers really easily. After I had stopped bedwetting at age 13; I would have three good years of not being a bedwetter and then "It" happened. What am I referring to as "It"? Nope, not the movie or book; I'm talking about when one of my male peers took me into the woods and sexually assaulted me. I don't know what he did to me after I had blacked out; but whatever he did to me resulted in my bedwetting returning and also daytime wetting accidents as well that I still have to this day! I had to start wearing diapers full time at age 16 and have been in them ever since. It took me a long time to adjust to bedwetting as an adult again and my daytime wetting as well.
My bedwetting came back in my late 40's

I potty trained late — I wasn't reliably daytime dry until almost six.

I didn't stop wetting the bed until I was ten. I felt like the big kid on campus then —

until it came back at fourteen.

It never went away after that. I wear protection now because I can never tell what's going to be a dry night or not. Every night that I say to myself "I've got this beat," I wake up cold and wet. It's easier to change a diaper than a set of sheets.

My cousin and i grew up wetting the bed. we were taken out of diapers when we were around two years old. The was what the child rearing books said to do to potty train kids. so from 2 on were woke up in wet pjs and underwear. when we got old enough we were responsable for stripping the bed and hanging the sheets pj and underwear outside. once we got a washing machine we would put the stuff in there, and then hang them outside to dry. we mostly stopped wetting in high school.

I wet until I was 16-17 then stopped for awhile but started again in my mid 20's. I was put in night diapers at 9 and wore them nightly until I stopped.

When my parents first put me back in diapers at night...I fought them and didn't want to wear them, but after a few months, I realized that waking up in a wet diaper was worlds better than a wet bed/sheets. So I accepted it.

Oddly, I never wet the bed in spite of being a dl since before the age of four. Even more still, I never once though to even try using that as an "excuse" to wear diapers.

I was pretty heavy bedwetter when I was younger, but my parents got me to stop when I was 8 with a bedwetting alarm. Part of me wonders how long it would’ve lasted otherwise. Even at that age I didn’t really mind wetting the bed; I wasn’t really a DL yet, but I wasn’t in a hurry to stop. I kinda hope I start wetting again, but I’m not going to take that path unless nature calls me to.

I wet the bed for several years. I guess I must have been fairly young when I stopped 8 or 9 maybe? As with DH19 I eventually stopped when I had a bedwetting alarm - which in those days were pretty scarey things and the medical profession saw them as a last resort. Before that various things were tried - medicines (no idea what) and being woken up in the middle of the night for example.

My Mum just washed my sheets and pyjamas and dried out the mattress - which was what people did then I think. Thinking about it there must have been something that protected the matress somewhat - can't really remember that well.

Nappies were never discussed if they were even available for kids sizes. I guess I must have not done it every night.

If they'd put me in nappies maybe they'd have never got me out of them :)

I wet the bed growing up, nothing was ever said about it nor were any special practices put in place for it. I grew up in a pretty dysfunctional home with alcoholic mom and dad and looking back i must of really smelled bad a lot of times, baths were a once a week deal with the oldest of 5 getting fresh bathwater and then the youngest (me ) was last in the tub. I can remember my mattress and sheets being wickedly pee stained and just left to dry out until the next wetting although I didn't wet every night I know I was wetting a few times a week as late as 7 or 8.

chamberpot said:
I wet the bed growing up, nothing was ever said about it nor were any special practices put in place for it. I grew up in a pretty dysfunctional home with alcoholic mom and dad and looking back i must of really smelled bad a lot of times, baths were a once a week deal with the oldest of 5 getting fresh bathwater and then the youngest (me ) was last in the tub. I can remember my mattress and sheets being wickedly pee stained and just left to dry out until the next wetting although I didn't wet every night I know I was wetting a few times a week as late as 7 or 8.

My mother used to throw my wet mattress outside on the lawn to dry for all to see and my sheets were only washed once a week they were just thrown over the line to dry. If it rained my bed just stayed un made and wet and I had t sleep in he following night

me before i got put back in diapers all the time only rember that one ep when did after ill was making fun of chucky

chamberpot said:

I grew up in a big dysfunctioning family as well. My mom dealt with bedwetting for me and my brothers and one sister by using rubber sheets on our beds and the wet bedding and pjs were often laundered too. I insisted on taking showers eventually when a girl at school commented on my pee smell.

Yup, wet the bed from birth until I was 16/17. the feelings associated with having a younger sibling in diapers in my early years, and noticing the attention she got definitely led me to some attraction towards diapers even in my early years. I remember incidents from when I was 3 or 4, another when I was 6 or 7 and especially in my pre-early teen years where I was engaging in DL type behaviors. I think the security aspect has shaped my DL side, since the last thing I had to do before going to bed each night was putting on a pull-up, and then I wouldn’t have to worry so much. I find that in times of stress, the last thing I do before setting the alarm on my phone to get some sleep is put a diaper on, it is totally relaxing, like saying “whatever happens tonight, it doesn’t matter, we’ll deal with it tomorrow”

And then I stay awake for 3 more hours because I’m a night owl and my mind races at night. Oh well.

I was also and really did not get dry till about age 19 then hurt in a far off play ground in south east Asia and broke most bones

- - - Updated - - -

in 8 th grade my girl friend also was a wetter and when I stayed with them her mother diapered both of us for bed, or long drives we even had a diaper bag at work for us incase we nned to change in time we were even allowed to change or help each other

I wet the bed until my mid teens. All I had for protection was a plastic sheet on the mattress and back then (the 70's) I had blankets and quilt to sleep under. I would occasionally wake up so wet that you see visibly how wet the bed was, both blankets and the quilt along the sheets and the under side of my pillow were soaked. A few times my mother put me in cloth nappies and plastic pants but never never kept going with it. Thankfully these day I can buy my own nappies to wear and protect my bed better than she did back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back