Coming Soon? Pampers Baby-Dry Size 8

Roland007 said:
Yeah, in Europe ( Netherlands I know for sure ) the number of 4 year olds that go to school, still not potty trained is rising au much that schools start to refuse kids because teachers want to teach and not change diapers.

The sense of urgency for parents to train their kids should increase if their kids start wearing sizes 7 and 8.

Its not the number on your diaper that tells you your kid is ready to poty train, its his age.

And early investors who are already rich, they care more about reputation, if size 6-7-8 is all going to be almost identical with 1-2cm difference in lenght and size 7 baby dry is same as +6, there will be less investors and people will sell. pampers pulling some PR Stunts wont help

investors are just on the sideline watching pampers doing what they're doing.

Roland007 said:
Yeah, in Europe ( Netherlands I know for sure ) the number of 4 year olds that go to school, still not potty trained is rising au much that schools start to refuse kids because teachers want to teach and not change diapers.

The sense of urgency for parents to train their kids should increase if their kids start wearing sizes 7 and 8.

It's the same in the UK, there have been many news articles of the increasing number of children even those ages 11-15 wearing diapers to school.

- - - Updated - - -

BabyTyrant said:
Well these days it's more about waiting until the kids are ready to Potty Train (guides suggest looking for all kinds of Signs of Readiness) before Parents start the process of attempting to Potty Train the kids so they no longer have to buy diapers.

My Aunt and Uncle both waited until the kids were 3 or 4+ before starting Potty Training, their kids seemed to not care one bit about still being in diapers and they were given options to go to the bathroom, but would rather keep playing and use their diapers with no hesitation/idea they were going (as far as could be told anyways).

That's why age of Potty Training is getting higher and higher and why bigger diapers are being made.

But I can attest to the fact that Pampers is playing a game with their sizing, and Luvs seems to be following a similar trend (but without any "bigger" sizes being made).

Pampers are definitely shrinking in Length and in padding coverage of the diaper (even when the outer size of the diaper appears the same the Absorbent part of the diaper has shrunk.)

Size 6 Pampers used to be noticeably bigger than any other brand in the same size (especially Huggies or Huggies Style Generic Diapers), and Size 7 Cruisers even more so.

Also Pampers were noticeably more absorbent.

I agree with what you say, size 7 cruisers used to be so big but have shrunk so much that they're no different to size 6.

Instead of thinking of non potty trained school kids still wearing diapers, I think of kids with disabilities needing larger diapers.

12srepaid said:
Instead of thinking of non potty trained school kids still wearing diapers, I think of kids with disabilities needing larger diapers.

Or you could say it's a little of both, but realistically these new size 8s are probably nothing like a size 8 should be.

BabyTyrant said:
Or you could say it's a little of both, but realistically these new size 8s are probably nothing like a size 8 should be.

Very true on both points.

12srepaid said:

The articles and reports were done about children who don't have any disabilities, although I find it hard to believe a 15 year old not being potty trained properly unless there's a disability but I don't know

Wierd part.

The new baby dry 7 is 17kg+

But the image with Size 8 shows 15kg+ and Size 8 = 17kg+

Cruisers 7 are still 19kg+ because they are made of a more robust material, Baby dry is more for overnights and casual, it can easily be used daily but thats how pampers has done it now. Size 6+ baby dry has the same amount of SAP as premium protection size 5

size 5 premium gets very thick cause less space inside the diaper, the size 6-7 are the same amount of SAP but thinner before they start leaking, they could added more SAP to them for even more absorbency.

Specially when the DL community loves thick nappies over thin but big ones, and because baby dry is more of an overnight diaper the size 8 might aswell have more SAP and be longer than cruisers 7, but still made out of thinner material, airstripe falls off and tabs hopefully being slightly larger / longer.

The 15kg+ size 7 and size 17kg+ on size 8 might be an early production fault as where they mean size 7 = 17kg+ and size 8 = 19kg+

And still no images is a really bad indicator now that we're in august in a couple days.

Yeah.... I doubt we're getting Size 8 anytime soon....

wow...40pounds and up.....

I don't know. She looks more like 4 or 5 years old to me.

Finally, but only 17kg+ is the same as current size 7's https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zYwAAOSwsW9Yw0BQ/s-l1600.jpg

This is still looking shitty guys, It should still be larger than cruisers 7, pampers has said it would be longer/wider but no more absorbency, and pampers has said it wouldn't be bigger but only more absorbency, clearly one is wrong.

12srepaid said:
I don't know. She looks more like 4 or 5 years old to me.

Well, I said at least 3, some children can look older than they are, some can look younger. I know an 11 year old who looks like she's 6.

CookieMonstah said:
Well, I said at least 3, some children can look older than they are, some can look younger. I know an 11 year old who looks like she's 6.

I understand what you mean. Heck, I look a lot younger that my true age, due to my developmental disability. I was also very small for my age when I was a kid.

Perhaps size 8 is part of a marketing campain of P&G where they try to discover if there really is a market for bigger diapers. After all, the most sold sizes are 3,4 and 5 and after that kids usually don’t need diapers.

There is no real correlation between the kids on the package of diapers and whether he/she needs diapers. P&G just buys photo sets of models. Models ( parents!) do not know where these sets are used. They simply got paid for the set. So a model from Europe might be printed on an American package size 5.

Roland007 said:
Perhaps size 8 is part of a marketing campain of P&G where they try to discover if there really is a market for bigger diapers. After all, the most sold sizes are 3,4 and 5 and after that kids usually don’t need diapers.

There is no real correlation between the kids on the package of diapers and whether he/she needs diapers. P&G just buys photo sets of models. Models ( parents!) do not know where these sets are used. They simply got paid for the set. So a model from Europe might be printed on an American package size 5.

I remember a news story about how this one parent saw her son on the package of Luvs. The boy was older than his picture on the Luvs package. I think in the mid 2000's.

12srepaid said:
I remember a news story about how this one parent saw her son on the package of Luvs. The boy was older than his picture on the Luvs package. I think in the mid 2000's.

I remember that one. She was suing them and claiming she never got paid for the photos (which were apparently taken during some sort of model audition for Luvs specifically).

The boy didn't seem too bothered by it. I wonder if the video is still around.

I kinda wished they used a boy photo for the package instead, giving the thought that boys are more likely to need diapers longer.

Back