Coming Soon? Pampers Baby-Dry Size 8

Now out on sale!

I think the girl they chose for the packaging is pretty much perfect to illustrate the intended age range to parents,
Being obviously beyond the toddler stage and being clothed makes the girl on the packaging of the size 8 really stand out from the others on the supermarket shelves, making it seem like a more grown up product.

IMAG0298.jpg

To be honest I'm really surprised they didn't use a model with a visible disability like downs or rett syndrome, but then the idea that a normal little girl with her fair skin, long blonde hair and blue eyes, would need nappies after her 4th birthday might shock a few people and spur on complaints.

Last edited:
HappyNappin said:
I think the girl they chose for the packaging is pretty much perfect to illustrate the intended age range to parents,
Being obviously beyond the toddler stage and being clothed makes the girl on the packaging of the size 8 really stand out from the others on the supermarket shelves, making it seem like a more grown up product.

View attachment 31385

To be honest I'm really surprised they didn't use a model with an visible disability like downs or rhett syndrome, but then the idea that a normal little girl with her fair skin, long blonde hair and blue eyes, would need nappies after her 4th birthday might shock a few people and spur on complaints.

Are you able to measure them? How big are they?

They are on the Pampers Netherland's site. 17+ KG (and listed in the "toddler" page as well), about 37 pounds.

Certainly
Dimentions for size 8
L-length of core 590mm
W-width of core 230mm
TT-tab to tab fully stretched 800mm
P-taping panel 200mm

Measurements compared with a current size 7 measured at same time same method
L+30mm
W same
TT same
P+20mm

So not a huge difference but more than an inch of extra length.

HappyNappin said:
Certainly
Dimentions for size 8
L-length of core 590mm
W-width of core 230mm
P-taping panel 200mm

L+30mm
W same
TT same
P+20mm

Just out of curiosity can you check to make sure the width is the same all around. Honestly that is literally in-between a youth and small adult diaper in some aspects. 23" in length is really close to the average 25" that are smalls. The only thing I'm looking at is that 9" oon width. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't give that a slight bump. I'm assuming they just designed there size 7 machines to work at a longer length if that's the case.

Also what store did you buy it from.

Last edited:
kratox said:
Just out of curiosity can you check to make sure the width is the same all around. Honestly that is literally in-between a youth and small adult diaper in some aspects. 23" in length is really close to the average 25" that are smalls. The only thing I'm looking at is that 9" oon width. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't give that a slight bump. I'm assuming they just designed there size 7 machines to work at a longer length if that's the case.

Also what store did you buy it from.

Looking at the size 7 and 8 together it looks like 230mm is the maximum core width the machines can handle, there is around 10mm of bare backsheet up each side, the waterproof film is only 210mm wide and the ink colour charts are present on every second design, arent these are normally trimmed off?
The core is a perfect rectangle there is no variation in width along its length.

I bought mine from my local asda (walmart)

Can you guys show pictures of the actual diapers?

Here in Spain, pampers released Dodot 6+ (14+kg), which is a lot bigger than size 6 (13+kg). But the size 5 and 5+ are the same size.

They just look like any other pampers tbh
IMAG0299.jpg
IMAG0300.jpg
Will try and get better pics after work.

Glad to hear they're actually bigger, not only for actual parents who buy them and children who need them but us ABDLs who like baby diapers.

HappyNappin said:
Certainly
Dimentions for size 8
L-length of core 590mm
W-width of core 230mm
P-taping panel 200mm

L+30mm
W same
TT same
P+20mm

how's that compared to Cruisers 7 as they are the longest, these are 1-2cm longer and 1-2cm longer taping? thats not too bad atleast its bigger, and the new design is less childish, i like it alot compared to old version.

I hope they make it over the big pond to America by 2020.

Happynapp said:
How much was that 1 pack of pampers baby dry jumbo pack size 8 + are they on special offer.

The jumbo packs are £10 or 2 for £18, they had the smaller packs for £7 for 26ish nappies.

Tesco and asda often do the smaller 'essential' packs for £4 to £5 or bogof, if you can wait.

HappyNappin said:
They just look like any other pampers tbh
View attachment 31386
View attachment 31387
Will try and get better pics after work.

The panda is new :)

Thanks! Are they better fit in terms of the tapes? Does someone of a picture of someone wearing them for comparison?

tidalk said:
The panda is new :)

Thanks! Are they better fit in terms of the tapes? Does someone of a picture of someone wearing them for comparison?

The panda is my favourite of the designs, its little capes cute.

Will try and find a stuffy to model them as waist down shots aren't inline with the rules, my phones camera is fairly terrible as well and struggles to show the subtle patterns on the pampers.

The extra length is noticeable when you've got one on, the coverage is a bit better, i dont need to compromise between front and rear cover anymore. The tapes and tabs are identical to the size 7, and hold up together way better than the old green sides from years ago, the velcro bits no longer pop off the elastic, which is nice.

Which waistline size are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
12srepaid said:
I remember a news story about how this one parent saw her son on the package of Luvs. The boy was older than his picture on the Luvs package. I think in the mid 2000's.

Vic92 said:
I remember that one. She was suing them and claiming she never got paid for the photos (which were apparently taken during some sort of model audition for Luvs specifically).

12srepaid said:
The boy didn't seem too bothered by it. I wonder if the video is still around.

Found it here:
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a16_1192567004

great news! Cant wait to see them.

Back