Coming Soon? Pampers Baby-Dry Size 8

Bby said:
Can you post any pictures?

Could you post a few photos of the nappy on it's own please?

I checked in my local tesco today and no size 8 :(

Cycled round, checked five different Tesco's. Three Extra's, One Metro and a Superstore. Nothing.

Also called their customer line who said they didn't even have an SKU code for them yet.

So, the wait continues unless Slip92 can give us some more info, hopefully some photos and the store location.

if the product is supposed to be ready in stores worldwide in august, its a bad sign that we dont have any leaked images yet, it might be delayed.

And so far they said they didn't know if it would be any more absorbent but it would be larger physically than (what exacly they didn't specify at all)

So it looks like the same SAP bag as current cruisers 7 / baby dry 6/7 into a bit bigger nappy, atleast you distribute it better and it wont flood that fast. but no extra absorbency and barely any size increase, not a big deal over current 6+ baby dry

Still no show in my local tesco extra.

Me personally, I don't think this diaper size is going to be world changing, if anything I feel as though the size 8's will be replacing the size 7's, maybe slightly larger but nothing to write home about. I guess if I had a 28" waist I'd be a little more excited with these.

pampers4U said:
Me personally, I don't think this diaper size is going to be world changing, if anything I feel as though the size 8's will be replacing the size 7's, maybe slightly larger but nothing to write home about. I guess if I had a 28" waist I'd be a little more excited with these.

Honestly I expect it to be the same size as a small underjams but in true diaper form. Meaning larger length because you don't have to worry about being discreet and wider to help stop leaks.

The small under-jams is the official size 8. The only reason they are not longer than the pampers is because they are designed to be discreet and they don't have to worry about blowouts. They will probably be slightly longer than pampers size 7 but not by much. I expect probably like 22"-24" long seeing as how the pampers size 7 is already 21.5" long.

Most small adult diapers are already like 25"-27" long so I don't expect them to touch that range too much. I be happy if they did though.

Honestly if these do end up being like basically a size small in adults(highly doubt it). They are gonna be out of stock so fast. I feel abu might lose some profits on small diaper sales because people probably just wear pampers from then on, as long as the absorbency isn't terrible. I know I by a large order of like 300 or so, especially since they probably would have better bang for buck.

Also worth mentioning the attatchment tabs, hopefully they actually reinforced them, everyone knows how useless they are and has to use the airstripe in the middle.

Any new word and/or photos on this?

What if Pampers was already making Size 8 but with a different name? Anyone seen how much bigger Pampers Progressi 6 + Extra Large from Italy are compare to Baby Dry 6 in the U.S.? I havent compared but base on the pics I've seen they do look like a Size 8 or true Size 7. I've been trying to import but no luck yet. Curse you, you region locked gift cards!!! 😭

Too bad its not in the US but honestly I prefer the bulk and capacity of Abdl diapes.

The size 8 is now listed on pampers.co.uk, but no pictures and no availability.

SecretWeapon said:
The size 8 is now listed on pampers.co.uk, but no pictures and no availability.

It's been listed for a bit.

iwannabeababygirl said:
Too bad its not in the US but honestly I prefer the bulk and capacity of Abdl diapes.

buy from amazon, shipping costs little.

its supposed to be out next month and on the website they already listed size 8 for orders with minimum of 100 diapers each

yet, if they are being mass produced right now and sent around to stores, why are we not seeing any images at this point, honestly i'd expect images of the packaging by now.

Ok, something cynical: were talking about mr and mrs shareholder here. P&G, K&C and the others don’t care about parents. They just want to keep or grow market share.

The real reasons for change in their portfolio must be related to profit. After all, creating one productline and never changing it must be cheaper.

This is a great way to resell old stuff as “new”. Also keep in mind that the customers of these products have no memory. After 3 or 4 year you stop being their customers. So why would you care after your kid is potty trained?

Roland007 said:
Ok, something cynical: were talking about mr and mrs shareholder here. P&G, K&C and the others don’t care about parents. They just want to keep or grow market share.

The real reasons for change in their portfolio must be related to profit. After all, creating one productline and never changing it must be cheaper.

This is a great way to resell old stuff as “new”. Also keep in mind that the customers of these products have no memory. After 3 or 4 year you stop being their customers. So why would you care after your kid is potty trained?

I think moms and dads and DL users who are teens would be way more embarassed walking out with Size 8 pampers than size 6 to be honest, it would only hurt sales. But size 6+ is still being made and is the same size as size 7
if thats true it makes me believe size 8 baby dry = same lenght as cruisers 7 and if so it will just be a massive dissapointment and not really anything worth mentioning, people wouldn't even consider it.
because pampers size 6+, 7 and 8 will be more or less all the same sizes only lenght difference by 1-2cm which is nothing.

Investors also wouldn't be very happy with pampers using deceiving selling methods just to get their brands sold, its not just about money its about staying real as a company and being proud of your own products.

Robin955 said:
Investors also wouldn't be very happy with pampers using deceiving selling methods just to get their brands sold, its not just about money its about staying real as a company and being proud of your own products.

There don't seem to be very many "moral investors" out there anymore. Most people are only concerned about how fast their stock portfolio grows. Most investors pay very little attention to anything but the bottom line. You think all those people with millions invested in oil were worried about the seagulls covered in muck after the pipeline burst? Nope, they were a lot more concerned about the price of their stocks falling. Sure, the price of the stocks falls because people are selling the stock, but most of them aren't selling because of the immoral behavior of the company, they're selling because they're afraid of others selling and causing the value of their stocks to drop before they can sell it too. It's just a money game to them, morals have very little to do with it.

Robin955 said:
I think moms and dads and DL users who are teens would be way more embarassed walking out with Size 8 pampers than size 6 to be honest, it would only hurt sales. But size 6+ is still being made and is the same size as size 7
if thats true it makes me believe size 8 baby dry = same lenght as cruisers 7 and if so it will just be a massive dissapointment and not really anything worth mentioning, people wouldn't even consider it.
because pampers size 6+, 7 and 8 will be more or less all the same sizes only lenght difference by 1-2cm which is nothing.

Yeah, in Europe ( Netherlands I know for sure ) the number of 4 year olds that go to school, still not potty trained is rising au much that schools start to refuse kids because teachers want to teach and not change diapers.

The sense of urgency for parents to train their kids should increase if their kids start wearing sizes 7 and 8.

Roland007 said:
Yeah, in Europe ( Netherlands I know for sure ) the number of 4 year olds that go to school, still not potty trained is rising au much that schools start to refuse kids because teachers want to teach and not change diapers.

The sense of urgency for parents to train their kids should increase if their kids start wearing sizes 7 and 8.

Well these days it's more about waiting until the kids are ready to Potty Train (guides suggest looking for all kinds of Signs of Readiness) before Parents start the process of attempting to Potty Train the kids so they no longer have to buy diapers.

My Aunt and Uncle both waited until the kids were 3 or 4+ before starting Potty Training, their kids seemed to not care one bit about still being in diapers and they were given options to go to the bathroom, but would rather keep playing and use their diapers with no hesitation/idea they were going (as far as could be told anyways).

That's why age of Potty Training is getting higher and higher and why bigger diapers are being made.

But I can attest to the fact that Pampers is playing a game with their sizing, and Luvs seems to be following a similar trend (but without any "bigger" sizes being made).

Pampers are definitely shrinking in Length and in padding coverage of the diaper (even when the outer size of the diaper appears the same the Absorbent part of the diaper has shrunk.)

Size 6 Pampers used to be noticeably bigger than any other brand in the same size (especially Huggies or Huggies Style Generic Diapers), and Size 7 Cruisers even more so.

Also Pampers were noticeably more absorbent.

Back