Coming Soon? Pampers Baby-Dry Size 8

Classic shrinkflation.

Is this just for UK/EU people?

I remember some pampers evolution things from about 18 years ago in the US. I use to wear pampers size 6 as my main diaper from 1997-2000, I was a young DL and could easily fit into these as I was only 15yrs old in 2000 when I finally out grew them.
I was privileged to wear at the end of the plastic era, yes the size 6 baby dry plastic backs were the best, they stretched, and fit awesomely. During the "change" to cloth like outer cover a new hybrid came out around 1999, the main diaper core was the new cloth like cover but the wings and front tape panel was still the old school plastic, these diapers were some of the biggest pampers I've ever come across, and they were pretty good. Then 2000 hit and that style went 100% cloth like cover, they stunk and shrunk. The factory re-tooling has major implications to the diaper size and style, A size 6 baby dry suddenly felt like a 4 1/2 or a small size 5. This cloth like cover was different than what was offered today, there was no cloth to peal back and expose a plastic diaper underneath, the cover was a woven strand plastic that was the actual diaper itself.
Luckily for me I hit a growth spurt anyway so I have to move onto larger adult diapers, but I would still occasionally buy a pack to use as a stuffer.
When the cruiser line came out those were the smallest pampers for the size labelled I ever saw. A size 6 was literally a size 4 today, the wings had little flex, the diaper was short and narrow.
It seems to me that when ever there is a large production upgrade / shift the diapers shrink then slowly creep back to a size that indicates the number on the package. Yes this is a large corporation so obviously a larger diaper size will have fewer diaper in a package ($$$) but I'm optimistic, I think that once the size 8 a released there will be complaints from parents saying that the 8's were no different than the 7's and that they need to make a real size 8.

I can definitely say that the absorbency of Pampers during the mid 1990's was far better than anything they made after 2005. They have thinned out so much, and the fluid uptake is too slow for them to be of much use. Then they redesigned their pull-ons to be more like the North Shore GoSupremes, only sized for toddlers. I never thought I would see this coming, but I do believe that the adult products are now far superior to Pampers and Huggies. The companies just pump out the cheapest quality, while asking for the highest possible price. That can't be a good thing for needy families.

Has any one see these yet as. It said they would be out in February.

You have all been deceived!
Pampers size 8 is nothing more than l-xl underjams.
They tricked you.

HappyNappin said:
I know this only applies to those in the uk with an interest in baby sized nappies, but today I noticed asda has baby dry for sale in new packaging.
This was only on the 100 pack or size 3, with 'air channels' but there is a new size chart and it looks like p&g are having a major shake up of the sizing.
Size 6+ is gone, size 6 is now the weight range is close to what 5+ was, size 7 is now 15+kg, so what 6 was and finally, a new size 8 !, but its only rated at 17+kg so what size 6+ was when it was launched, and then what size 7 was when size 6 got smaller with the current 'magic pod' design.
This is possibly just another case of pampers trying to con parents out of money.

Unfortunately the pack with this on was right at the front of the store on a promotional shelf so i was hesitant to start taking pictures.

I'm going on the lookout for a pack in the new size, so will try and get pictures tomorrow.

I think trying to get more money is a big part of it. Pampers especially seems to be making more of a push to keeping kids in diapers older than ever.

Eventually, you'd think it would have to stop. Maybe Pampers starts to try to make inroads to ABDL. They know we're out there. Or the incontinent market. Personally, I can't believe that P&G pretty much gave up that market to KC.

If that were really the case they should have kept their diapers the same size as before, the original size 7 cruisers are probably bigger than the "upcoming" "size 8".

martin6479 said:
Has any one see these yet as. It said they would be out in February.

They changed it to August.

AVAILABLE IN TESCO

Bought a packet today and I’d estimate that they’re the size of Drynites 8-15 - they’re a lot wider in the crotch too!

Slip92 said:
AVAILABLE IN TESCO

Bought a packet today and I’d estimate that they’re the size of Drynites 8-15 - they’re a lot wider in the crotch too!

Can you post any pictures?

I wonder when or even if these will come the the usa as id definitely fit as pampers size 7 fits but is a bit tight

harry3220 said:
I wonder when or even if these will come the the usa as id definitely fit as pampers size 7 fits but is a bit tight

You may have to order a case from over sea's

Slip92 said:
AVAILABLE IN TESCO

Guess Ill be going round all my local tesco extras after work then.
Odds are they won't have any for a while since the english stores get all the new stock first but there's every chance if there on the shelves down south, then some packs might of made it up here from the factory in manchester.

What size pack(s) were available? The pampers website only mentions 100 count pack which is probably about £30.

sambus said:
What size pack(s) were available? The pampers website only mentions 100 count pack which is probably about £30.

Based of the current pack sizes size 8 should be have around 24 nappies for a carry pack and 52 in a jumbo pack.

I went round my 3 local 24hr tesco extras and didn't find size 8's, or even gaps for a the new size, so I guess the waiting game continues.

it has to be longer not wider, or else it will just fit the same age as it used to.

Robin955 said:
it has to be longer not wider, or else it will just fit the same age as it used to.

It appears as if the poster indicates they are the same length (or close to) as Drynites 8-15, so it sounds like they are going to be longer in addition to wider.

Back