Coming Soon? Pampers Baby-Dry Size 8

SecretWeapon said:
Some pictures of the german Pampers packaging with the new "Air Channels".
31742945ow.jpg
[/url]

Thanks for that, did you take these pictures yourself?

Have these been out on the shelves in germany for a few weeks or is that a promotional taster pack for reviewers.

I did notice a fair amount of the packs i looked at here where made in germany instead of the uk, but that might just be a demand thing.

Makes me kinda wish that Luvs wasn't a P&G product. Luvs seems to be better compared to Pampers.

When parents ask for larger sizes, that doesn't mesn they want you to fake a new larger size diaper/pants.

HappyNappin said:
Thanks for that, did you take these pictures yourself?

Have these been out on the shelves in germany for a few weeks or is that a promotional taster pack for reviewers.

I did notice a fair amount of the packs i looked at here where made in germany instead of the uk, but that might just be a demand thing.
Yes, I took the pictures.
In some few shops there are currently these trial packs for sale.
In Germany we currently have Pampers up to size 6+ and now the size 7 will be introduce in Germany. The size 8 will not introduce in Germany yet.

For more than one year the package show us the size 7 but until now there is no size 7 in Germany.

I have good news. I personally just went and contacted them about this instead of just speculating. They said yes the size 8 is replacing one of their previous sizes BUT it also will be bringing a larger weight size with it too. So it might be either a underjams but in diaper form or a in-between size of size 7 and a underjams. Only reason I say that is because I think underjams are their official size 8 diapers and it would make more sense to base it off of one of those sizing's.

Email I received:
Hi "blank",

It is great to hear of your interest in our Baby Dry nappies!

Size 8 should be out sometime this month. It’s actually part of a new restage, featuring Air Channels, which are visible when the nappy is dry, and allow the skin to breathe. These are intended to replace our current range, and they will have new weight ranges for all sizes in addition to the new size 8. There will also be fun new designs on the nappies, and new packaging.

Pleas let me know if you’ve any further questions about this at all, and have a great afternoon!

Best wishes,
Kyle
Consumer Relations

SecretWeapon said:
In Germany we currently have Pampers up to size 6+ and now the size 7 will be introduce in Germany. The size 8 will not introduce in Germany yet.

For more than one year the package show us the size 7 but until now there is no size 7 in Germany.

Interesting stuff, the only pampers packages here that mentioned the size 7, where the size 7, all the other sizes packing printing was not changed when the new size was launched.

Its odd that p&g are withholding from being sold in mainland europe, germany was once famous for having the biggest baby nappies around, so much so that our health service used to import fixes for distribution to disabled children, they then switched to the Swedish libero brand size 7, another brand shrinking there products and adding new sizes...

kratox said:
I have good news. I personally just went and contacted them about this instead of just speculating. They said yes the size 8 is replacing one of their previous sizes BUT it also will be bringing a larger weight size with it too. So it might be either a underjams but in diaper form or a in-between size of size 7 and a underjams. Only reason I say that is because I think underjams are their official size 8 diapers and it would make more sense to base it off of one of those sizing's.
I have asked P&G for the german market. The answer: The size 7 will be introduced this month.
Pampers Underjams (and Pampers Bed Mats) are not available anymore in Germany.

HappyNappin said:
Interesting stuff, the only pampers packages here that mentioned the size 7, where the size 7, all the other sizes packing printing was not changed when the new size was launched.
if you asked P&G in Germany about the size 7 the answer was that the size 7 is currently not available in Germany and the package shows the size because the size 7 is available in other countries.

kratox said:

Email I received:

Kratox, What did you ask them exactly?

If size 8 was replacing the current size 7? (that replaced the original 6+ in the 17+kg weight range)

Or, if size 8 is supposed to replace the quietly discontinued underjams line as a night nappy for older/larger kids?

Very interesting read. Curious to know what they do in Canada.

kratox said:

Email I received:

Very interesting. Have to stay tuned!

HappyNappin said:
Kratox, What did you ask them exactly?

If size 8 was replacing the current size 7? (that replaced the original 6+ in the 17+kg weight range)

Or, if size 8 is supposed to replace the quietly discontinued underjams line as a night nappy for older/larger kids?

I asked them if the size 8 was replacing a product or introducing a new weight range and they basically told me it was doing both. I didn't ask about size 7 I strictly asked about the new size 8. If you want me too I can email them a reply asking more questions but I am sure he wasn't lying or anything.

kratox said:
If you want me too I can email them a reply asking more questions but I am sure he wasn't lying or anything.

Kind offer, but I'll wait for them to start selling and let the measuring tape decide if it really is a new size.

All I would like is a size 8 that actually is a size 8 and actually makes a sizable difference. Size 7 and 6 are so indistinguishable.

CookieMonstah said:
All I would like is a size 8 that actually is a size 8 and actually makes a sizable difference. Size 7 and 6 are so indistinguishable.

Cookie, have you noticed any real world difference in absorbency and performance between size 6, 6+ and 7?
I know the size 7 is bigger, if only by a few mm's, but 6+ might be the more absorbent of the 3.

Last edited:
I haven't worn Pampers for quite a few years, I struggle to fit into them and they're not comfortable anymore. I can't really tell if there is more absorbency or not.

I wonder why Pamoers removed UnderJams and replacing them with a size 8 in Germany?
I noticed there are quite a bit of larger size diapers in Europe and other continents. Interesting!

Underjams never really took off in europe, a combination of high prices, small sizing and reports ripping sides lead to poor sales.
They where discontinued at some point in 2016 in the uk, along with bedmats, leaving huggies as the only brand for bedwetters.

Pampers easy ups also stopped being potty training aid and became pull on nappies around the time huggies pulled out the uk nappy market, so there might be an agreement between kc and p&g not to compete against each other in a specific market segments.

HappyNappin said:
Kind offer, but I'll wait for them to start selling and let the measuring tape decide if it really is a new size.

True they do like to pull some bs and label something as a larger size but leave the length the same. If they actually do increase it though, that be cool. I can see a lot of small abdls paying money to get it shipped overseas.

Here is my take on the situation.

They are acting like a business when it comes to this situation. From what I see on the package, they are really just tightening the sizes and making size 7 the new size 8. So they'll have an excuse to sell even fewer diapers in a single package of what parents would view as the next size up. A tighter bracket will influence parents into going up a size quicker and that would make P&G more money off of parents getting fewer diapers.

Reactions: Dolphin
Wow, shame in my opinion. They are shrinking the diapers, size 8 is a weight rating to be like the new (and smaller) size 6 in reality. a true size 7 should be rated at 24-36kg (or the average 6-12 year old child) and a true size 8 should be rated at 35+kg (not 35+lbs).

here is a true size 7:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/565524774/darlings-baby-diapers-size-7-24-36kg-53

they are the same size as goodnites XL!

12srepaid said:
I wonder why Pamoers removed UnderJams and replacing them with a size 8 in Germany?
I noticed there are quite a bit of larger size diapers in Europe and other continents. Interesting!
No, there will be no size 8 available in Germany. So please sold your size 8, i want to buy as soon as possible.

happiesxxl said:
Wow, shame in my opinion. They are shrinking the diapers, size 8 is a weight rating to be like the new (and smaller) size 6 in reality. a true size 7 should be rated at 24-36kg (or the average 6-12 year old child) and a true size 8 should be rated at 35+kg (not 35+lbs).
The biggest diapers in Germany were rated with 17-34kg. Previously up to 35 kg

Back