Ever actually changed a diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldberg

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was just interested really. I have changed lots, as I have a sister 12 years younger than me, and I changed hers all the time.

No little baby's diapers. I've changed a fair amount of big baby's diapers.

I think I assisted in a few. There's some family movie of me helping some mom change a family friend's baby when I was 4. And I think I remember helping change my cousin's friend's baby when i was like 8.

I have changed several babies/toddlers but i have never changed anyone over that age.

I have changed both, changing a small kid is tough, they're always on the move, I also changed an ab girl a few times, that was much easier believe it or not.

Reactions: perlFerret
We have a grown son and between him and nephews I've changed hundreds.

Two kids. Blow outs where the worst.

egor said:

Honestly I hear about those a lot but are they that common? I thought it was mainly with infants.

I have three kids so yes, I have changed hundreds of baby diapers. As for ABDL, I have done a few.

I've changed a hand full of them, my younger cousins mostly and my friend's kid when I was babysitting him.

It may be hypocritical, but I'm not a fan of changing baby diapers, the smell is the absolute worst, it just lingers and sticks to everything and I thought I was a stinker. Also baby poop is leaky, smeary and nasty, not even the best diapers are spared from the inevitable leak or blow out. Even though my messes are much bigger, I prefer changing my own diapers.

I've changed one of my AB friend's diapers but only a wet one.

egor said:
That's me as well--father of two. LOTS of diaper changes! And yeah..."craptastrophes" is what we used to call blowouts. Fortunately, they were the exception and not the norm.

I'm always a bit puzzled when I hear people talk about how difficult it is to get their kids to submit to diaper-changes, too. :shrug: Kids aren't as fragile as they look. You grab the ankles with one hand, hoist, and go to work with the other. When the kiddos are practically hanging by their feet, there's not a lot they can do to impede the process. And, pretty quickly, they stop trying. It gets easy.

I've never changed an adult, and I don't find the thought all that attractive. Not, at least, if we're talking messy diapers. Wet ones would be fine, I think.

Hotdog55 said:
Honestly I hear about those a lot but are they that common? I thought it was mainly with infants.

They’re not particularly common and are most frequent in the first few months of a kid’s life. I didn’t start changing my sister’s nappy until she was 6 months old so thankfully I only had to deal with such unpleasantness occasionally. Like Cottontail has said, the exception and not the norm.

Still, as someone who’s changed hundreds, any nappy change isn’t exactly going to be pleasant.

Never, well, except my own :p

I have, and still do. One family member is potty training, and still wearing pull-ups, and another that we regularly look after wears diapers/pull ups at night.

But truthfully, I'm really not a fan. I usually try and pawn it off to another family member of mine, when possible. Diaper changes are NOT pleasant, in my experience.

Raised two kids so yes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Two kids, so that says it all. Glad it is over. Nowadays I change my girlfriends diaper regularly, as we are a DL-couple. And we have a friend couple, where we change each others diaper. Lots of fun involved there.

As a father of three, I have changed many diapers and in all sorts of conditions.

How about massive blowouts just prior to a church blessing in front of hundreds of others who have come from across the continent to be there for the event? All dressed in none other than pure white clothes! That was an interesting situation indeed!

Having said that, I need to share here an important observation. While being a father and taking care of and changing my children, there literally was no correlation to my own desires with wearing diapers.

...I mean absolutely none whatsoever, period! It was actually just one of those things that you have to do, and I admit it was just part of being a dad and taking care of my kids. Diapers and the constant changing is one of those things that you looked forward toward their potty training and getting out of them, for both the hassle and the cost.

I admit that this somewhat surprised me, because I have been DL since I can remember. Before realizing there was such things as adult diapers, as a youth I was always fascinated with baby diapers, because that's all I knew that there was that existed.

:educate: --But I think this is something that is actually important to acknowledge. That when being a parent and caring for a child, it is all about just that, taking care of them and it has nothing to do with yourself.

There have been other threads about this, and individuals concerned about being a parent because of their own diaper and baby desires. Some questioning if they should be a parent and have children because they themselves wanted to the baby or child. But in my own experience the two actually have no interconnection at all. In taking care of my children, I think I was like any other Dad and the changing and diapering was just part of being a father. There was no connection there with my own being ABDL. The two aspects were as far apart as night and day.

I hope that this observation may help others too who are concerned about this.

And I guess while I am responding, let me share that before becoming a father, I really never liked being around babies. I mean I really didn't. While so many people coo and caw over them, and say how cute they are... I always thought that babies looked liked shriveled up beings that just puked, spit up all over, and made nasties. I just was never interested in them and avoided them like some germ or bacteria. (I'm not joking)

I worried for some time whether I would be a good father because I just didn't like babies and I thought they were icky. (which Freud would probably have a hey day because all through my life, even while thinking this, I have myself wanted to be like a baby).

But when I became a father, I cannot even begin to explain the love that I have felt for my own children and how beautiful they are. From being there at childbirth (and as a cowboy I am used to the whole experience, which is not for the faint of heart) and having this miracle appear and holding them in my arms as they breathe their first breaths of life. I can't even begin to describe the emotions and feelings of this. There is no way to adequately describe it.

Having shared this, I admit I still don't like other babies. But when it came to my own, there was nothing greater, and never will be anything, greater than them in my life. My children are the greatest things that have ever happened to me and I can't even begin to describe how great of a feeling it is to be a father and the love that I feel for my kids.

:detective3 Perhaps I have gone way off track of what the original OP was looking for, but then I hope that the OP and others who may not have yet had the chance to be parents may understand these things. Not only that there is a separation of being ABDL oneself and then caring for real life babies in diaper changing and the like, but also to understand the wonderful aspect of being a parent and how great it is to see the extension of yourself in another living being that is separate, but yet part of who you are.

:detective3

@TeddyBearCowboy: You nailed it in every aspect. Thank You!

I've never changed a baby before, but I have changed a couple ABDLs before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back