Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalT

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
So! I im interested in getting a teether, specifically one filled liquid that can be frozen or just chewed on at room temperate. However, I have a concern that I could break it with my teeth and get a mouthful of weird liquids. The First Years Star Teether ( https://tinyurl.com/y6wqu32k ) would be basically what im looking at.

If its unwise to get one like this because I already have all my teeth, are there any other teethers or just a toy you like to chew on? I chew on everything anyway so I thought maybe I could get a toy just dedicated to this! I dont see many people talking about teethers so I could be an odd one out haha

thanks!

Issac chews on one of his stuffies when he is not sucking on his pacifier. I got him a teething ring to chew on but he ether use uses his pacifier or his fingers. I try to discourage him from chewing on his fingers.

The teething ring kind of helped but he soon converted back to his pacifier.

And i'm always sucking on mine as well

Teethers are made to be chewed on. And baby teeth are way sharper than adult teeth too. Don't worry about breaking one unless it's already visibly marred and looks like it's about to break.

i chew on one that that has a rattle build in and looks kind of like a lollipop, I don't freeze it, I also wonder if it could break but it strong enough chew on.

I think that if there was the remotest chance of a teether leaking the company would make sure that the liquid is nontoxic. Otherwise the risk of an expensive lawsuit would be too much. But I do recommend research on the products to see if that is or has been a big problem.

Those things are actually surprisingly resistant. And even if they do pop don't worry they're usually just filled with water or safe solution/gel.

I have 3 teethers. 2 of which have liquid inside them. One with gel. The picture is my water filled teether and honestly it's super sturdy. I have a purple one with a fox and bunny on it. Have never tried a full ring water teether like what you showed but they're still meant to take a beating.

Have never had a break and I bite the heck out of all my teethers.
Have pretty sharp canines though so I try to avoid using those on the water bits.

Don't be afraid to try a teether thinking it'll break. Even if it does break for whatever reason, the material inside has to be non-toxic so it won't hurt you.10581903311616m.jpg

Just an FYI I was looking at walmart at the same teether you linked above and it had a bad review about it breaking, which I linked. There are tons of other one on there though with good reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back