kashi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hello! Two things,

1) Northshore is currently having a 50% off sale code is XCLUSV
2) Should I take advantage of it? I haven't posted on here in awhile, but I'm conflicted. I've still got a pack and a half or so of ABU lavenders+Space and I've been rationing them out.

My main conflict is that I'm gonna be moving this summer specifically June 15th. I will have to pack up and get out of my current apartment. So my worry is I doubt I'll make much damage if I order a full case of something, but the deal is amazing and I really want to use it. My worry is packing up most of a case and being able to move out of my apartment discreetly as I will probably be storing most of my stuff in my parents house until I find a new place.

Thanks for the help!

I would. So what if you have to move one extra box later on. You'll still be saving quite a lot. Just use packing tape (or better yet duct tape), and seal the box up really good first.

In case anyone else is thinking of taking advantage, I tried and was told that only people who directly received the code in an email are allowed to use it.

kerry said:
In case anyone else is thinking of taking advantage, I tried and was told that only people who directly received the code in an email are allowed to use it.

Thanks i was just going to try it.

Thanks Kashi! Just saved $76.47 on my order! Too bad I have to wait because my Northshore supremes are on back order. Good code!

- - - Updated - - -

WABX said:
Thanks i was just going to try it.

It's worth a shot. Just make sure your logged in before you click "apply code"

You guys have me jealous. I signed up for their auto ship thinking a 5% savings was good. Just received an order yesterday too.

Yikes. Good deal, so I decided to stock up. Not happy to see almost 300 dollars leave my account, but I can't wait to figure out where to put 8 cases of abena.

So people ARE using it who didn’t receive the email? This contradicts what they told me. Someone from Northshore please clarify all of this.

Thank you, Kashi! Just ordered a case of NorthShore Supremes for half price.

kerry said:
So people ARE using it who didn’t receive the email? This contradicts what they told me. Someone from Northshore please clarify all of this.

Coupon codes aren't usually so well monitored. I think in this case North Shore just wants to clear their backlog.

TheWolfEmperor said:
Coupon codes aren't usually so well monitored. I think in this case North Shore just wants to clear their backlog.

Not backlog. They have a backorder. No idea why they are putting diapers on sale, which they don't even have in stock though.

Worked for me too. Just ordered case of Crinklz half off. I didn’t receive the email.

After reading about the 50% deal, earlier this week on line, I ordered a case of Dry 24/7 with the deal code and received the 50% discount. I never received any email notifications from North Shore about the sale and have been notified to expect delivery today.

TheWolfEmperor said:

It usually depends on whether it's a "single use code" or not. Those are usually used for "customer satisfaction" or to "issue a credit to a user" for an order issue. In that case it's in a table on the order server and will only work once.

Other times, public "coupon codes" may only work once per customer, again with the storefront database keeping track of your use of the code. Users will occasionally create a new account to be able to use the code again. Sometimes this works, and other times the system is more intelligent and sees the code used by the address already and won't let you use it again. Or it's matched to the credit card number or the name on the order etc. The rules are set by whomever is writing the storefront app. (I've also seen places catch this after the order was placed and cancel it before it ships)

I don't know what they have for a backlog, but I do see they are backordered on crinklz. Though only by a few weeks? That's so much better than the "ok we'll be restocked two months from now!" that we get from a lot of other retailers...

I also see that ABU has made the decision to "take preorders" while waiting for their restock to come in. Their founding principles have clearly stated they will never do that, and backpedaling on that commitment has made me lose some of my respect for them. While it's unlikely they'll have problems like the old ABU did, if something comes up that's beyond their control (like a ship breakdown) then that will strike a nasty blow to their reputation. I'm surprised that they're willing to take that sort of risk (unlikely though it may be) where the cause will be completely beyond their control and the consequences would be so damaging.

Lame. i tried and it wouldnt let me use the code. it says "Coupon code "XCLUSV" is not valid."

I'm very sorry for all the confusion with this promotion. It was only designed for a few customers that hadn't ordered in a very long time. However, it wasn't set up correctly on our site and others were able to get orders through with this coupon, which we honored. Unfortunately, this 50% off promotion has ended. Again, very sorry for the confusion. We are reviewing this process carefully to learn from our mistakes.

Because of all the interest in this promotion, we have extended another offer for February for $10 off orders of $25 or over. Limit 1 use per customer, valid through 2/28/17 Coupon code FEB17

Slomo said:
Not backlog. They have a backorder. No idea why they are putting diapers on sale, which they don't even have in stock though.

Honestly, I didn't mean to say backlog but I'm too tired to argue with autocorrect today.

TheWolfEmperor said:
Honestly, I didn't mean to say backlog but I'm too tired to argue with autocorrect today.

NorthShore briefs are expected in today. We had two shipments in a row that were unexpectedly delayed in transit.

NorthShoreAdam said:
Because of all the interest in this promotion, we have extended another offer for February for $10 off orders of $25 or over. Limit 1 use per customer, valid through 2/28/17 Coupon code FEB17

Can we get this on auto ship (recurring) orders?

Scaramouche said:
Can we get this on auto ship (recurring) orders?

Unfortunately not. Wwe have been trying very hard to get the Auto-Ship module to accept coupons, but this may still be a few months away.

For now, you can place a stand-alone order with the coupon and then go into your account and select "SKIP DELIVERY" to push back your Auto-Ship order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back