Any one used catheters to simulate loss of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
mayhem said:
Bull. Being clean and taking the nessesary precautions will keep you safe.

Not forever. It's simple statistics, the more often you use catheters, the more and more likely you are to get a uti.

Slomo said:
Not forever. It's simple statistics, the more often you use catheters, the more and more likely you are to get a uti.

Of course there is always the possibility, but those statistical numbers are based mostly off of intermittent catheters.

mayhem said:
Of course there is always the possibility, but those statistical numbers are based mostly off of intermittent catheters.

No, I am talking about catheters in general. Intermittent, folley, and kind that requires inserting a foreign object in your urethra, or otherwise keeping it there for prolonged periods. The more often you do either of that, the more likely you are to induce an infection. SIMPLE statistics.

I had to catheterize myself for somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks,can't remember now. I lost the ability to pee after back surgery. I had regular catheters that had to be boiled after use. I used KY to make insertion easier. I never got a UTI during that period but of course, the catheter was in me only long enough to empty my bladder. I had to do it four times a day. It was a terrible nuisance and I was so relieved when I finally felt the urge to pee and was able to urinate on my own. I can't imagine wanting to use a catheter but to each their own.

I tried this (intermittent ones, not Foley, no way would I risk inflating that thing in the wrong place, or having it get stuck inflated inside me) and I wouldn't do it again, given the risk of damage to the urethra. It was an interesting experience, and also required a lot of breaking through fears during first insertion attempts. It was never very satisfying. Once I had bleeding and reddish urine for hours and was worried I'd have to go to the ER. I practiced good hygiene and washed them well and avoided any infections.

A few tips if you must: don't use a stiff catheter (one brand was ridiculously stiff). I literally got boxes and boxes from manufacturers just by asking for free samples using their forms (I never made any false claims about having a prescription, just requested to try their brand). Learn about the sizes (diameter, Fr.) before you ask. If you're going to wash them, use silicone as it's the best for resisting bacterial films, and doesn't leech any chemicals. For insertion, I found it best to use a medicine syringe (wide opening), fill it with some K-Y jelly, inject into the urethra, then insert the catheter. This helped lube it as i went in. Sometimes urinating a bit as I inserted helped make more room and smooth it. You need to learn to relax when inserting, really relax or it'll be difficult to get it the last bit in. And when removing, don't close the draining end of the catheter; be sure it can draw fluid backwards or it can cause suction in the holes at the end of the catheter, and really hurt as you pull it out. With the right technique it can be painless.

Thinking about it it's probably best to not use a catheter. Maybe probably just better to keep making me pee myself instead of just lossing control

You can lose control by using mindfulness techniques. Basically you don't use the muscles that you tense when holding, and don't make yourself pee. It takes a while to learn but really worth it. It's difficult to explain here, but one tip - tense the muscles in your inner thigh when tempted to hold, your bladder will empty naturally at some point,,,

I'll just chip in a related experience I've had.

I once had a professional dominatrix catheterise me for a short period of time during a session. I didn't ask for it but I also didn't object and honestly I enjoyed the whole thing. I believe it was a short term catheter as I don't recall seeing any balloon and she certainly didn't inflate it if there was one. It was quite painless going in and coming out and I don't recall any blood in my urine or burning sensation peeing afterwards.

However! It didn't quite work - apparently the tube was too short to enter my bladder while I was fully erect. So if anyone is going to do this themselves, that's something to keep in mind (in addition to all the other hygiene and safety precautions others have offered).

Codebreaker: Probably was a female catheter. Intermittant (the kind you had) come in male and female versions. The only difference is the male version is longer. Foley's come unisex (they're just long enough for men and extra hangs out of women. This is because a foley goes to a collection bag. Women intermittant cathing typically don't want all that extra tube dangling around while they're doing their business.

codebreaker said:
I'll just chip in a related experience I've had.

I once had a professional dominatrix catheterise me for a short period of time during a session. I didn't ask for it but I also didn't object and honestly I enjoyed the whole thing. I believe it was a short term catheter as I don't recall seeing any balloon and she certainly didn't inflate it if there was one. It was quite painless going in and coming out and I don't recall any blood in my urine or burning sensation peeing afterwards.

However! It didn't quite work - apparently the tube was too short to enter my bladder while I was fully erect. So if anyone is going to do this themselves, that's something to keep in mind (in addition to all the other hygiene and safety precautions others have offered).

I've actually had that problem too. When erect, I couldn't insert the folley catheter in far enough to inflate the balloon. Always had to take care of that first. And getting erect with one already in has always (and still) used up every bit of the catheter, maybe even stretching it to where the Y-split is partly in my urethra too. Male catheters are just barely long enough for average guys, us well endowed guys get the "short stick" with this.

I have used Foley catheters on several occasions and will say i do enjoy the lack of control but after a day of it in i kind of want to feel myself pee. Also catheters can be painful when inserted and taken out. You can also have bladder spasms which are also painful but if you really want to not know when you are urinating than they definitely work.

Reactions: Deleted member 45172
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back