Thread: Hi. Trying to accept me.... new here

Red face Hi. Trying to accept me.... new here

Hello,

I just wanted to say something. Iíve been struggling with my feelings for around 11 years and dealt with a lot of shame. I keep seeming to repress everything but it always comes back. That was a very short version

So hi I guess.

You are not alone in here. Even though I need diapers, I love them as well. I also have been discovering some of my little tendencies and I do find those a bit scary at how powerful they can be. It is crazy and weird but it is also a strong part of us that is not just going to go away. Trying to repress it is only going to make those feelings stronger until something comes to a head and things can so really south from there. It is better to indulge these desires in a responsible manner to let off that pressure. You may feel a lot better in the end and perhaps find that this will help you find a calm center in your life.

The shame is societiey's programming telling us that only babies wear diapers--and a lesser dispensation for those of us with a medical need. There are also the unfounded accusations and claims that this is some sort of pedophilia--the emotions of that charge are often great at hijacking reasonable discussion on the subject. You can add some more to this list but in the end, what we do is harmless and I don't think that the community has any more pedophiles than the general population--perhaps less so.

There is a lot you haven't told us on here so it can be hard to get into more specifics--tell us more about yourself and perhaps what particulars of your situation that you feel safe enough to share. We are here to help and you are not the first or last to have those sorts of feelings. I know I'm still trying to work things out but I'm getting there.

Welcome! I applaud you for taking a big step and joining our community! We all understand just how hard it is to deal with these feelings, but we're all here to help you, and each other get through them, so feel free to browse the forums for answers, or post and we'll help as directly as possible.
    Also, if you would be comfortable doing so, sharing more of what you're going through will help us help you, and sharing more of your interests ( both AB/DL and non) will help you find like minded people to talk with as well!
    Either way, welcome aboard again, and I sincerely hope that you find this site as helpful as I and many others have, so don't be afraid to go out on the forums, we don't bite!

Hi and welcome. We have a restaurant near where I live serving Asian food and it's called the Panda House. I think it's the only restaurant in the U. S. that cooks and sells sweet and sour Panda. Yummie! At least that's what I think I'm eating, but it could be chicken I suppose......

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Hi and welcome. We have a restaurant near where I live serving Asian food and it's called the Panda House. I think it's the only restaurant in the U. S. that cooks and sells sweet and sour Panda. Yummie! At least that's what I think I'm eating, but it could be chicken I suppose......
    +1 Rep for that. Had a pretty horrible night but, That made me laugh. Thankyou. I think i'll sleep a bit easier now :')

Welcome panda. Im relativly new here, There are many questions to be asked. I understand the way you feel. I would sometimes come over with this pit in my stomach and just full of guilt, For feeling bad for enjoying what i enjoy.
    But as PaddedHeist said, try to embrace it the best you can. With time will come better understanding.
    I repressed it for a long time, I was forced to see professionals when i was teenager. They made me hate myself, When living with my parents they were understanding to a level, It came to a point where they took all of my stash. Clothing/Diapers/Ect. It spiraled my depression massively. Its only with time i've come to realize there is nothing wrong with it.
    If its what you love and what interested in then embrace it and don't be ashamed. If anything you should take in pride in being here. You've taken a step forward, and for the better.

I hope you feel warm and welcome. I know i do. The community are like a big family and if you ask im sure there are many who can give advice. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions

All the best,
    LittleTokio

Quote Originally Posted by Pandasarecool View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to say something. I’ve been struggling with my feelings for around 11 years and dealt with a lot of shame. I keep seeming to repress everything but it always comes back. That was a very short version

So hi I guess.
    Acceptance request:Status: Accepted. You are now a member of the peepee panty posse. We don't often bite. Shame for something you like but society don't like it? They can get glad in the same pants they got sad in. And they will. Luvs and Huggies make for Good Nites. (I think I've just perfected that last sentence.) I've been a baby since 1960 and about non-stop. You could call it silent shame or hidden rebellion against the Porcelain Monster. But however you see it, like the Linux motto, Have a lot of Fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleTokio View Post
    +1 Rep for that. Had a pretty horrible night but, That made me laugh. Thankyou. I think i'll sleep a bit easier now :')

Welcome panda. Im relativly new here, There are many questions to be asked. I understand the way you feel. I would sometimes come over with this pit in my stomach and just full of guilt, For feeling bad for enjoying what i enjoy.
    But as PaddedHeist said, try to embrace it the best you can. With time will come better understanding.
    I repressed it for a long time, I was forced to see professionals when i was teenager. They made me hate myself, When living with my parents they were understanding to a level, It came to a point where they took all of my stash. Clothing/Diapers/Ect. It spiraled my depression massively. Its only with time i've come to realize there is nothing wrong with it.
    If its what you love and what interested in then embrace it and don't be ashamed. If anything you should take in pride in being here. You've taken a step forward, and for the better.

I hope you feel warm and welcome. I know i do. The community are like a big family and if you ask im sure there are many who can give advice. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions

All the best,
    LittleTokio
    k

There's a Chinese restaurant in Canyon City Colorado named the Foo King. I might lose my pg13 rating for this but I understand the most Foo King meals may be gotten there and the staff are always Foo King courteous and diligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandasarecool View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to say something. I’ve been struggling with my feelings for around 11 years and dealt with a lot of shame. I keep seeming to repress everything but it always comes back. That was a very short version

So hi I guess.
    Welcome Pandasarecool to ADISC!

Yes, Pandas are cool! They are like teddy bears. So yes, I think you have chosen an awesome username.

I hope that you will find many things here that help you in your situation. You are not alone. I think most all of us here on ADISC have all experienced this from time to time or on a continued basis. After many, many years, I have finally grown to understand and accept this part of myself where I don't keep beating myself up for it. There are a lot of threads here that have some really useful information about this. I hope you will take some time to explore and that you may be able to find some resolve to your feelings. I also hope that you may find friendship here and know that you are not alone.

Welcome to the forum

I, like many people here, know exactly how you feel. It is a very difficult thing to accept liking something that society does not understand. That being said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what we like - we don't hurt anybody.

The repressing and resurfacing of your desires sounds very much like what most of us call 'the binge-purge cycle'.
    A way to escape this cycle is to 'vent' your desires whenever they arise, whithout going into the extreme and then trying to accept who you are when your desires fade. This way you can limit the ups and downs of the cycle.
    This is of course not always as easy as it sounds, and it also takes time to learn to beat the cycle.

Most of all I think it is a very good choice of you to have joined this forum. The comunity here is super friendly, and when you are dealing with these feelings of doubt and shame it is very helpful to have someone more experienced to talk to.

I hope you will be very happy here

It is difficult. But I have learned to find peace with me being what I am and more importantly, finding a balanced way of dealing with it or letting off pressure without driving mysefl crazy in the process.