Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Vacations to a New Place

Default Fantasy Vacations to a New Place

In this economy, I'm happy to get the 10 days of vacation that I'm getting this year. This thread is for those vacations we would take not thinking about cost or objective reality. In simple terms, to which new place in the world do you want to go?

For me, it's

(Viewer discretion advised.)

It just seems like a cool place to visit! If I were to go, it would be when the Leafs face the Thrashers one day and the Coyotes the next. Obviously I want to be there to root for the Thrashers (being the only one in the AirCanada centre with a Thrashers jersey on), but I would want to go there when the Coyotes went to see Wayne Gretzky. Apparently, he is very friendly and talks to fans and signs autographs at his restaurant, which seems like a cool place to eat. Also, I would like to visit John Anderson's restaurant. (John Anderson is the coach of the Thrashers, a former Leafs great himself.)

Well, how about you?

Asher

I think Toronto would be an awesome place to visit! : D

For me, I have to say New York City would be awesome to go visit for a week; same with London or Paris : )

I'd go skiing at one of the mega large ski areas, maybe Zermatt or Chamonix, or perhaps Vail or Alta or Whistler if I'm going to stay on this continent. When I go on vacation, I want to be active and do things I wouldn't normally get a chance to do. I can't stand site-seeing.

The other thing that I think I'd like to do is go scuba diving, I'd like to see some shipwrecks, some cool fish and stuff, but I'd also like to go diving underneath the polar icecaps. I think that would be cool.

I'd like to sail the South Pacific. I'd also like to scuba dive. I love sailing and the ocean. Even a trip to the beach would be nice.

I'd love to travel around Europe and just visit art museums.
    Last edited by Maxicoon; 29-Apr-2009 at 03:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I'd go skiing at one of the mega large ski areas, maybe Zermatt or Chamonix, or perhaps Vail or Alta or Whistler if I'm going to stay on this continent. When I go on vacation, I want to be active and do things I wouldn't normally get a chance to do. I can't stand site-seeing.

The other thing that I think I'd like to do is go scuba diving, I'd like to see some shipwrecks, some cool fish and stuff, but I'd also like to go diving underneath the polar icecaps. I think that would be cool.
    Alta is very nice. I am lucky enough to ski there a few days a year. (my Christmas present!) Its way better than all the other overpriced, groomed ski areas around Salt Lake. If you manage to go there: check out "Catherine's area" it's a really deep, lonely part of the mountain which is scary to get to sometimes, and often closed for avalanches... But there is always a few feet of powder. I learned how to do front flips back there, I fell pretty badly a few times, but didn't feel a thing. It's a skier's heaven (alta doesn't allow snowboarders... That's how they manage to have powder! Novice boarders are a nightmare! (I ski and snowboard amazingly, so I can talk shit!))

I want to go there. Question answered!

Falkio

With ten days of paid vacation, I would go to Anthrocon 2009. Realistically I know I can't make it - so it fits into the "dream vacation" slot.

So many of the people I know will be there, too!