Status
Not open for further replies.

Yooo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
So today my case of NorthShore Supremes came in, and I opened the box, and upon opening the first bag, I noticed that the first diaper is ripped. I say to myself, well that sucks. But then I take a look at the other bags, and they all are ripped in the same spot! Has this ever happened to you? [emoji45]

NorthShore is a great company that makes great products. I've had problems before with other orders and they always have great customer service. I'm just confused as to why I seem to be sore out of luck with my orders.
6758d2c0f9030806d88333811ff965c1.jpg
579cc0701f96c05fa702179ceb013841.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boy that's a real shame. I've used NS and have always had good luck with them. Be sure and keep us posted on the outcome of this problem.

Yooo said:
So today my case of NorthShore Supremes came in, and I opened the box, and upon opening the first bag, I noticed that the first diaper is ripped. I say to myself, well that sucks. But then I take a look at the other bags, and they all are ripped in the same spot! Has this ever happened to you? [emoji45]

NorthShore is a great company that makes great products. I've had problems before with other orders and they always have great customer service. I'm just confused as to why I seem to be sore out of luck with my orders.
6758d2c0f9030806d88333811ff965c1.jpg
579cc0701f96c05fa702179ceb013841.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Call or email them. They have great customer service!

I find that the outer plastic is a bit thin on the Northshores myself. I'm currently working through a case of them because of that out of stock issues at both Rearz and ABU when I last needed to refill. Had a few issues with the plastic shell tearing open while I was just sitting around in them. Plus there seems to be like a rough texture on the outside of some of them like the padding is starting to push through the external shell or something.

I also like two years ago once had an issue just like yours where one of my packs had tears in the shell right where the tapes met the wing causing the tapes to not be able to hold on to the wing when applying. Northshore replaced the whole case for free. So they do at least have good customer service. I just wish the outer plastic could be made a little thicker.

And at least in my case the cut on my buttocks rides a little too high for me, not sure if that's just my body though or something in general. Back cuts across the buns instead of running under them like my ABUs and Rearz do.

I decided to try the Northshores too because of the recent stock issues everywhere else with size mediums. I only bought one pack of 15 to see how they were. Fortunately I didn't have any of the ripping issues with the pack I received like Yooo did, but I did find that there were a couple were the pulp wasn't sealed completely into the diaper. There was a little extra material that came up above the waistband where the plastic was sealed together. I was worried this might fall out but it seemed to stay in. Overall I was pretty happy with them for the price though.

It does seem like Northshore's customer service is very good though - I would expect they would make the situation right if you call or email them.

Oddly enough, Northshores are the only diapers I have had no quality issues with, other than the stiffness.

I just ordered a bag to try too that should get here today. Hope they're not duds too.

Just woke up to a diaper with it’s own gaping butt crack.

ClickyKeys said:

Your diaper "did the splits" huh? No bueno! Lowers probably on too tight. (if it was during the day I'd suggest you check how abrasive your pants crotch seam is)

I've never bought more than a sample of their in house brand, it was pretty good but just not enough for me to switch brands for them. Nonetheless I do still order from them occasionally, in fact I ordered some diaper covers that arrived today actually. Usually no problems from them, but occasionally regardless of company you'll get manufacturing errors like this. I've gotten an entire case of Abena that did this once. It's just the nature of production that when it happens it does it to a whole run. If you email them with the photos they'll likely replace them free of charge. XP Medical did for me when that happened to me once, I'm sure Northshore Care would do the same.

bambinod said:
Your diaper "did the splits" huh? No bueno! Lowers probably on too tight. (if it was during the day I'd suggest you check how abrasive your pants crotch seam is)

Nah was nighttime, tapes shouldn’t be on too tight I actually leave them a tad loose on these because of the thin plastic issue.

ClickyKeys said:

That's common when you wear one size too small, and the diaper tries to swell up when wet. Try the next size up to give it enough room to swell. And Northshore swells up.

Slomo said:
That's common when you wear one size too small, and the diaper tries to swell up when wet. Try the next size up to give it enough room to swell. And Northshore swells up.

Yeah I’m aware when too small, these are definitely the right size though, even perhaps too large as they fit a bit too loose.

ClickyKeys said:
Yeah I’m aware when too small, these are definitely the right size though, even perhaps too large as they fit a bit too loose.

It's definitely a thing that happens occasionally when the plastic has been compromised in just the right spot to split there. I had it happen to an A+, the XP Medical house brand before. Their heart is in the right place trying to make a cost effective product, but an unfortunate side effect is the seemingly lower grade plastic shell is prone to issues like that.

Maux said:
I've never bought more than a sample of their in house brand, it was pretty good but just not enough for me to switch brands for them. Nonetheless I do still order from them occasionally, in fact I ordered some diaper covers that arrived today actually. Usually no problems from them, but occasionally regardless of company you'll get manufacturing errors like this. I've gotten an entire case of Abena that did this once. It's just the nature of production that when it happens it does it to a whole run. If you email them with the photos they'll likely replace them free of charge. XP Medical did for me when that happened to me once, I'm sure Northshore Care would do the same.

Which diaper cover did you get and how was the sizing? The Gary wear ones have confusing sizing info.

TheMat said:
Which diaper cover did you get and how was the sizing? The Gary wear ones have confusing sizing info.

I bought these. They literally just came in today so I haven't tried them out yet. My wife fears they may be a bit large for me, so I may have to return them for a smaller size. Here's hoping that won't be the case, gonna try them out tonight:

http://www.northshorecare.com/sani-pant-snap-on.html#981=9332&881=10344

Sadly, I do have to report that my wife was right, they were too big for me. Which when I made the purchase was just not a possibility I considered at all, I was afraid they would be too small so I had gotten the largest size, lol.

I guess good points for my weightloss goals, but bad points for wasted money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back