Do you ever remember being changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cottontail said:
Nonsense. Just tell your mom that you're doing a child psychology research project for school and drop her a questionnaire with the "At what age was I done with diapers?" question mixed in there.

Of course, you'd then be caught off guard by her answer: "You never did get done with diapers!"

:giggles:

But really? No old photos? Nothing to give it away? I think a little sleuthing is in order. This can't be hard to figure out.

Interesting idea with the survey. I'll try to think of some creative ways to ask. And that would really shock me if her answer was something along the lines that she knows I wear them now:laugh:!

And as far as pictures, there's only 1 I know of that gives any context, and I'm not sure how old I was in it. It seems to me like I was a toddler in the picture, so maybe 2 or 3 and I visibly have a diaper peeking out of my pants, but I could be totally wrong about how old I was. I'll keep an eye out for more pictures, but I moved a few years ago and a lot of the pictures are stored away now, and I live away from home besides. Either way, I guess I've got some sleuthing to do! Romping Bulbasaur, "Diaper Detective"; that's got a nice ring to it :detective3

I can remember my mom telling to stop squirming or she could stick me with the pin. I was adopted at the age of two so I wasn't potty trained when they got me. I know this because when I was four years old, I was acting like a baby and my mom told me if I didn't cut it out she would put me back in diapers, and if I didn't believe her, she said she still had my diapers. That of course was my light bulb moment. Though I didn't press her, after that statement, I always wanted to be back in diapers.

I was potty trained in the daytime SUPER early apparently. Like, before 2 yrs old or so--so I can't at all remember anything from wearing one in the daytime.

But I do remember at some age or another (must have been like 3-5 ish?) where my godmother changed me into some kind of plastic backed taped diaper (this was the late 90's), when we were staying overnight at a rented lake cabin. Honestly I can't remember anything at all about what the actual diaper was like, I just know I felt SUPER embarrassed and shy that she was changing me for bed on the living room floor, with a ton of other of my relatives sitting around on the surrounding couches watching TV.

I can't remember even slightly a single time either of my parents every changed me though.

I can't remember being diapered, wearing a diaper or using a diaper before I started to wet the bed around 11 years old.

Bladderbrain said:
Mrs. Gloria was a mean one. Slapped my brother in the head when he broke his arm, he was doing something dumb though, and no one knew the arm was broken yet. Had a six foot chain link fence, felt like a prison being there, lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Talk about child abuse right there.

Reactions: ABguyfromNS
I've got no memory of diapers until I started being interested in them, which was age 3-4. I was already potty trained by that time.

Cottontail said:
You were spanked, diapered, and thrown in with the babies--at daycare? For accidentally wetting your pants?! Wowzers...

Bladderbrain said:
Mrs. Gloria was a mean one. Slapped my brother in the head when he broke his arm, he was doing something dumb though, and no one knew the arm was broken yet. Had a six foot chain link fence, felt like a prison being there, lol

DaaAAAAaamn. So...when an actual baby wet his/her diaper...what did Mrs. Gloria do then? Drop-kick 'em over the fence?

I bet you were among the last kids to go there. Place can't have lasted much longer with that kind of stuff going on.

I distinctly remember being changed on my parents bed for nighttime and having an early disposable put on. They were like cotton wool pads covered in netting, sometimes ready made pads and sometimes in a roll where a length was cut off. They didn't have a plastic backing so were presumably used with plastic pants. I can just remember the pad being brought towards me and then must have drifted off into a heavenly sleep! I remember the pads being put on the 'Raeburn', a kind of solid fuel fire with a glass front in the morning and was surprised because I didn't think wet things would burn.
Surprising also that my mum was using disposables when she was a staunch cloth nappy (terry towelling) user, maybe the washing machine was broken at the time. I presume I remember this era (maybe a couple of months) best as before it I would have been to young to notice / remember (brain only remembers from about 2.5 years apparently) and afterwards I was probably out of nappies.
I also have later memories of when I was out of nappies day and night, being put in them for stays away from home at my grandparents house which was an unexpected surprise for me. I was kind of neutral rather than massively excited, it was bathtime first and then mum put a terry nappy on me for bed. It was folded in a triangle as she always did and she had the pin held in her mouth while she firmly pulled up the last side of the triangle between my legs and pinned it on.
Perhaps later that night or perhaps on another occasion, I remember waking up in bed feeling something thick between my legs and realised it was a nappy. I remembered the feeling from earlier days (when wearing every night and loved the comfort and nostalgia. It also felt kind of naughty like a pleasure I shouldn't have or like when you find some money, a windfall. I also felt the shirred elastic edge of plastic pants but don't think I ran my hands down them.
On an even later occasion, also at my grandparents house, I realised I had a nappy on and thought this gave me licence to wet. I must have just had a nappy on its own first because my mum came up a bit later saying 'you'd better put these on' and I presume she put 'rubbers' (slang for plastic pants) on me. Later I really needed to pee and used the nappy on purpose but pooped as well.
When my parents came up later to check on me I was caught and severely scolded. My nappy and rubbers were removed and I was taken downstairs to the lounge. I remember there was even some poop on a playing card it must have got all over. Then I remember my father putting what looked like a plastic bag on the coal fire, I realised it was my 'rubbers' plastic pants. They smoked, melted and burned and that was the official end of nappies for me!!

Cottontail said:
DaaAAAAaamn. So...when an actual baby wet his/her diaper...what did Mrs. Gloria do then? Drop-kick 'em over the fence?

I bet you were among the last kids to go there. Place can't have lasted much longer with that kind of stuff going on.
At the time it wasn't considered abuse. It just was what it was. She was not very nice that's for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I only remember one time and just vaguely. I was at my babysitters house and we were getting ready for nap time. She had me on a mat on the bathroom floor putting a disposable diaper on me while the older kids lined up and took turns at the toilet.

I only have one vague memory. I think we were visiting family who lived in the country and I was at the farmhouse of one of my great aunts. I can remember lying on a changing table and having a new diaper pinned on me while both my mom and great aunt were there. I'm not sure how old I was but probably was a toddler.

I have very vague recollection of being diapers for bed at a young age. I remember being told to go get a diaper. And parents seemingly upset that one time I put up a fuss when I brought one out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My sleeper was zippered up the back. So for me to use the bathroom, someone had to unzip the sleeper for me. But I didn’t want to get up to go to the bathroom and, even then, I enjoyed wetting my diaper.

One of my earliest memories was being put in a clean diaper. It was one of the earliest words I remember hearing.

Yes, I can but with nervous reactions. I was put in foster care up until eleven years old and it started when I was six. I was often punished with diapers though I didn’t have a wetting problem. It was strictly as a way to shame and humiliate me in front of the other boarders for bad behavior. The first time was for wetting behind a tree instead of going inside to use the bathroom. I was ordered to undress and just as I was removing my undershirt, I heard her tell her daughter to get her some of the baby's diapers an pins. I was diapered on the kitchen table and when I resisted, she had the older boys hold me down. I can still remember her saying, “Since you didn’t want to use the bathroom like a big boy, now you won’t have to. You can use your diapers as that is what they’re for.” I remained in just the diapers all day and refused the bathroom. I ended up wetting my diapers and was again stood before the other kids while she had them laugh and call me a real baby now. That night, the woman put a rubber sheet on my bed and made me sleep in the still damp diapers, saying it was to make sure I didn’t forget what it felt like. After that event, I was very withdrawn and often teased by the other boys. Seeing how effective the diapers effected me, the woman used them for any infraction she felt I’d done. Sometimes these were from lies told by the others just to see me put in diapers again. So to answer your question,...Yes! I remember being diapered many times up until I finally left that house to live with my real mother. A few years later, I found myself getting sexually excited whenever I saw a baby in diapers and for the next sixty years, I helplessly repeated those punishments by pinning myself in diapers along with visions of that foster mother leaning over and telling me what a little baby I still was. I will never understand why something so traumatic and humiliating turned into a sexual obsession but it did and so here I am reading of others experiences with diapers while wearing one myself.

Last edited:
Possibly.

I do have a memory of wetting my pants at preschool and being put in a diaper afterwards. But I'm not sure if that actually happened or if it was a false memory.

Yes, but not as a baby. I was often profoundly bowel incontinent in my childhood, and suffered right through to University and beyond (though through Uni and beyond I'd mostly grown out of it, or managed to hold the urges at bay until I could get to a toilet).

Whilst in Public School, Year 2 (so maybe 7 or so?), I had accidents, which resulted in my being placed in nappies at home. I was even seen by a doctor at the Sydney Childrens Hospital at Camperdown, who told my mum to put me back into nappies. None of these events led to more than a day or so of wearing nappies.

I also had rare occasions around that period too (up until maybe 10 or so), where I'd be put in nappies whilst at a cousin's house for sleepovers, again, only for a day or so. I don't remember on any of these occasions to be in more than just the nappy (no plastic pants). No talc, no lotions, none of that. Those nappies were terry towelling, and quite rough on my skin too.

I don't remember anything of my baby/toddler times, apart from horrid toilet training on a potty in the middle of the loungeroom, and a vague memory of my first night in a big bed (not my cot) - I had to be helped onto the bed too.

I do have one memory. My family was going to six flags great america, I think I was about two and a half or about three years old at the time. I recall my brothers and sisters hopping out of the car (suv) and going ahead with my dad. One of them unbuckled me and my mom had checked to see if I needed a change. I don’t recall really anything from the change itself, but I then remembered then being placed in my stroller, being given some cheerios, and being pushed towards the gate. It was sometime in the fall because I remember my dad wearing his old windbreaker he was shown wearing in all the old family videos, plus I recall the sky was light/darkish grey and the trees were bare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back