Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePenguinLover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've read ADISC'S guide, but I am so bad. I can never get it quite good enough to fit. Can anyone give me a more dumbed-down guide on how to change myself into one?

I can try, hope this helps. First off, I assume you're lying down. Open up the diaper, fold it all the way out, wings out and everything so it's all stretched on the floor or wherever you're changing. Put your butt down in the center and adjust so that when you lie down, the back waistband is at your waist. Pull the front up to your waist, which should be right around your belly button (may vary slightly depending on your size relative to the diaper size).

Now pick a side, let's say left side first. Smooth the left front wing down and snug against your skin, pull up the back left wing over the front left, pull gently so it's snug, and then tape the bottom tape to the panel. Try for a slight angle, not perfectly horizontal, the fit should feel snug around your leg. Now tape the top tape, pulling gently to make it snug as well, again aim for a slight angle, so the tapes sort of make an X. Then do the other side, right in our example. Smooth the front right wing snug against your skin, pull up the back right wing over it, tape the bottom tape so it's snug around the leg, then the top tape so it's snug around the waist. And you're done.

It's harder for me to share links on the phone but there are several videos on YouTube that can help.

It is a matter of a lot of practice but I'm not sure I'm doing it 100% right either.

ThePenguinLover said:
I've read ADISC'S guide, but I am so bad. I can never get it quite good enough to fit. Can anyone give me a more dumbed-down guide on how to change myself into one?]

May I suggest using diapers with refastenable tapes until you get the hang of it? I had troubles with the one or you're done plastic diapers but found the cloth like ones easier to adjust. Also, the diapers with elastic waists work better for me.

What I find works best for me is putting it on standing up. Leaning against a wall to support the backside while I get the tapes on just right. I'll also second Scaramouche's suggestion of refastenable tapes, makes it so much easier to fix any mistakes:eek:

Lying down was easiest for me.
Standing is way quicker!
You have to discover what's best for you.
Me, I wear underwear, if I need a change diapers are a lot easier, but I don't need to leave the house wearing a diaper.
Standing I can do in less than a minute, but now I'm wearing a diaper. I think someone will see! They won't. The worry is in your head. Even when you think they know, they don't. If they do know, they are to embarrassed to say anything.
Own it. Don't be ashamed! They don't know why and assume you need them.

I pretty much prefer to change while standing up at this point, it’s the quickest for me and I’m able get the diaper placed on my perfectly every time.

Practice makes perfect. If lying down is what's throwing you off you could try sitting in a chair or on then toilet seat.

I've been diapering myself since I was 17, so this is all second hand to me.

When you do get a good fit, memorize where the tapes end up in relation to landmarks on the diaper (padding underneath, distance to edge, distance from any elastics, prints, etc.).

The next time you diaper up, don't worry about getting it on right. Just put the tapes in that same spot. Viola, instant good fit.

Undies off, lay diaper on the bed, open it fully, sit down, lay back, pull the diaper up between your legs, fasten tapes, right left. With a two tape diaper fasten easy

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

I'm going to cite some sections of my friend JDinVirginia's primer. Really great stuff.

You can exercise more control if you can put on your own diaper. Self-diapering preserves privacy and dignity and you get the fit you prefer.
Before you begin, wash your hands to remove any powder or lotions on your fingers as they can cause the tapes to become unstuck.
First shake out the diaper and ensure that the leak guards and leg gathers are free and erect.
Fold the diaper lengthwise along the centerline. A soft fold is desired, not a hard crease.
Standing is the preferred and recommended position for putting on a diaper. Lean against a wall or door, slightly squatting, with your buttocks holding the rear top of the diaper in place against the wall or door behind you. Bring the front of the diaper up between your legs. The top of the absorbent mat inside the front of the diaper should come up to, or just below, your navel (the plastic will come even higher). Tape the bottom tapes first, then the top. Attach the lower two tapes first, angled about 20 - 45 degrees upward. Then the top tapes, angled 20 – 45 degrees down. Fold any extra plastic inside the waistline. Practice in front of a mirror.
In bed – takes practice. Diapering in this position is more difficult than standing. Sitting – possible, but it may be difficult to get the tapes tight.
Note - a diaper with a snug fit has more absorbent matting in contact with the skin – a desirable trait for urinary incontinence. This improves the efficiency of absorption. Do not over-tighten the tapes. If you are bowel incontinent, a too- tight diaper eliminates much of the sag at the bottom that would provide space to contain feces.
Note #2 – another reason for not over-tightening the diaper’s tapes, particularly the lower tapes. We want the diaper to be snug around the legs, but, as the diaper swells with the absorbed urine, the backing must be able to stretch and allow more room inside the diaper for the now much larger volume of fluff and SAP gel. This problem is greater with high-absorbency thin diapers containing less fluff and a lot of SAP (high-quality premium diapers). That high ratio of SAP causes the diaper to swell significantly compared to its original thickness. Remember, even though the outer shell may not split, the liner on the inside of the diaper can split and release thousands of swollen SAP gel crystals, a real mess to clean up.

Particularly with a messy (poopy) diaper, you should practice changing at home so that you do not soil your outer clothing when changing in a public restroom (ugh!). When you have a messy diaper, first try to change it while standing in the bathtub to make cleanup easier while you learn how to handle the situation.
When not wearing trousers or shoes, you usually will be able to pull the diaper down over your hips and lower it to the floor without spilling the contents.
Next, practice removing the messy diaper - without first removing your trousers and shoes. Do this while sitting on the toilet as you might in a public restroom. The side panels of many diapers can be torn by hand. However, to avoid spilling fecal matter on their clothing, some users carry a small knife or pair of scissors for cutting the sides of the diaper.
ABSORBENT PADS (Chux)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back