Not open for further replies.

SWABDL2001

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi All!

so there are a few threads on this however none that answer the questions below.

For guys, is laser hair removal (around the testicle area) safe? Could or can it make you infertile -- is there any evidence on this?

Also if you have done it - please share your experience and research that you did prior.

Thanks!
(could be in the wrong section of the blog)

Perhaps you'd get more response in diaper talk. I'd like to see the replies to this one though.

I'd also wonder how much this would hurt? Are you left with essentially with a burn that needs proper time to heal? I'd think a burnt sack is not going going to be fun while it heals.

I have been thinking of getting my silly body done and having all my body hair removed permanently.

And this is one of the options of becoming completely smooth.

But I'm not sure about whether it would make me infertile if I had my scrotum hair removed in this fashion.

I'm going to say probably not but I am not sure and you would need to ask that surgery where it is done whether this is a likely side effect.

Also the what pain level is there involved. I know there is some pain in laser hair removal but this depends on what area of your body you are doing as I understand it.

Please let us know what you find out.

Thanks

To my understanding the way they operate is by vaporizing the hair so that it just falls out of the folicle. The heat from the laser vaporizing the hair causes some change or degradation of the hair folicle so that the hairs no longer come in thick or dark.

With continued sessions it is eventually reduced to coming in like "peach fuzz." Though if you stop going I think it will eventually revert back to normal after awhile. It isn't a permanent thing.

There's no radiation and the laser doesn't penetrate any further than the hair folicle. I doubt there's any risk of severe damage or trauma to the baby making bits, unless there's a freak "Final Destination" level accident or something.

Your best option for sound information is to go to one of the places that does it. They can get you some information on the way they do the procedure before you decide whether or not to go through with it.

I've been looking into this myself, not for my entire body, I actually like some of my body hair and so does Mommy, but for my downstairs area. I get good mileage out of shaving down there, but it's not the same as the prospect of having that area perpetually baby smooth.

As Venesha has said, laser surgery vaporizes the hair and sort of closes up or shrinks the follicle so that hair can't grow back or it grows in so little that you can't notice it. That being said, I've found that the facilities that do this type of procedure will avoid lasering certain areas for fear of causing damage to that area. For instance, many of them avoid lasering around the anus and anything near the eyes, like say someone wanted to get rid of a unibrow, nothing happening, they won't laser that area.

The thing that keeps me from going forward with laser hair removal is the cost, to have the procedure done is expensive and it's not a one and done thing, you have to go back for at least 2-3 follow-ups to ensure that the hair has been removed properly and that the area is now hair-free. The cost of each procedure for the bikini area, the most commonly lasered area; buttocks, groin, inner thighs and waistline typically runs anywhere between 300 to 500 dollars per, that's a lot of possible diapers, AB clothing and toys down the drain to achieve a baby aesthetic in one specific part of the body. My electric razor cost me 60 bucks and shaving my area before I pad up runs me nothing, so shaving from a financial standpoint achieves the desired result, the only problem is when it grows back you have to start shaving again, but that's a minor inconvenience that I'll gladly deal with if it saves me 300 - 500 big ones or more.

There are home methods you can try out, I've seen personal laser removers for sale in drug stores, they run a pretty penny, typically around the 100 dollar mark, but I've heard good things about using them.

Also as Venesha pointed out, there is no risk of infertility when using laser removal.

In the end, if you have the money to blow and it really matters to you to permanently remove hair from that area then go for it. If you want a cheaper or just as effective method, try buying a personal laser remover or simply shaving the area. Since I've been shaving that area I find the hair grows in less and less with each new shave.

No infertility, feels a little warm/tingly as the hair is being vaporized. It is also permanent.

The reason for multiple sessions is the laser only affects hair that's actively growing. Yet not all of our hair is actively growing at the same time. Dormant hair will grow back in full. Semi-dormant hair grows back very light as the fuzz mentioned above.

As an amazing Christmas present from my lovely wife, I am having laser hair removal done for my back, neck (yay no shaving that part any more) and groin (including testicles, base of the penis shaft, area between genitals and anus).

My motivation is to never have to shave (and nick) areas that are hard to shave. I trim the rest of my body hair and it's not hard to do, just takes time. Also shaving can produce irritation of it's own.

That said my skin is fair and delicate and my hairs are coarse and dark so shaving is rough for me (I will have a 5 o clock shadow at 1pm), but I am a good candidate for laser.

As others have said it is *not* cheap... but it is spread out over a year, and the effects are (mostly) permanent. Hormonal changes in your body can prompt new hair growth, so if you are looking at HRT, menopause, orchi~ or other hormonal events, it may not be your best course of action.

The way it works is by literally burning the hairs and damaging the follicles from heat. So you will have a distributed high intensity burn. The combination of it being spread out in tiny places means it's more like a severe sunburn than a hospitalizing burn, but make no mistake each hair follicle is actually burned away. Recovery can be somewhat traumatic, with the area sensitive and puffy for days. The first hour after my first treatment I looked like I had been attacked by bees.

Subsequent treatments get easier as there is less and less hair to burn away, and the trauma goes down.

During treatment the hair looks patchy (especially the first time) as it grows back due to varying hair growth cycles and just the areas that the nurse traces may not always perfectly cover everything. It's also harder to shave as the hair texture changes to softer. After a few treatments you will look even, however it may take anywhere from 5-8 treatments to fully reduce your hair growth to the minimum!

Now let's talk about the burning.

You will hear and smell the sizzle and burn. This can be unnerving. It is also extremely uncomfortable. The pain is what I imagine an electric shock to feel like, short, sharp and intense. It's not like a needle prick or hair pull. Your experience may vary somewhat with the type of equipment, and skin/hair complexion. Light skin and dark hair is most effective at most complete removal. Sensitive skin is most painful. Your genitals are sensitive areas and they will hurt quite a bit. The worst is actually areas of dense hair with bone close to the skin, so your jaw line and upper lip.

So, expensive and painful, but if you can afford it and endure it, the feeling of being natural clean and not having to shave is wonderful! I'm actually thinking of expanding my treatment to include my belly...

Happy to answer any more questions.

Ha, yeah the smell of pork cooking was concerning to me too when I realised it wasn't pork.

I had that same feeling when I had some skin cancer burned off too. You go from mmm, that roast smells good to omg I'm going to throw up in about two seconds.

The sunburn description was about right, but I never had swelling. In lieu of lotion I always use banna boat's dark tanning lotion. I found years ago this stuff will actually reverse a sun burn into a tan, and heal the skin really fast too. That may be why my treatments (only the back) were never that bad.

There is something about Lasers having variable intensity of use - on the back; the legs and wide open spaces the laser is used on high -
while in more private sensitive areas the beams powered down reduced to be more pleasant although not necessary as effective requiring another trip or redo.
Lasers have a short life use if used on the high power setting.

I was told the pain is similar to taking a rubber band and stretching and snap releasing it against the skin.
The beam is plotted over a course of quarter (USA $0.25 piece) size chunks overlapping.
That is it in layman's terminology.

A visit to the Laser facility is a must to see if this is for you and learn more about the procedure and the side effects !

There is a lot to be learned here about hair removal - read on for more - no not from me but others and Google for more info !

Yup, I wasn't thinking of a severe burn but the description of being like a sunburn was what I had in mind. I can see a lot of good in having this done but the expense is daunting.

I used to have a close friend who sold this. She said many of the dermatologists she sold the lasers to used it themselves on their necks to that they didn't ever have to worry about shaving there (these are guys who wear dress shirts and ties every day). I doubt that the laser is going to cause you any fertility issues.

AdorableRabbit said:
As an amazing Christmas present from my lovely wife, I am having laser hair removal done for my back, neck (yay no shaving that part any more) and groin (including testicles, base of the penis shaft, area between genitals and anus).

My motivation is to never have to shave (and nick) areas that are hard to shave. I trim the rest of my body hair and it's not hard to do, just takes time. Also shaving can produce irritation of it's own.

That said my skin is fair and delicate and my hairs are coarse and dark so shaving is rough for me (I will have a 5 o clock shadow at 1pm), but I am a good candidate for laser.

As others have said it is *not* cheap... but it is spread out over a year, and the effects are (mostly) permanent. Hormonal changes in your body can prompt new hair growth, so if you are looking at HRT, menopause, orchi~ or other hormonal events, it may not be your best course of action.

The way it works is by literally burning the hairs and damaging the follicles from heat. So you will have a distributed high intensity burn. The combination of it being spread out in tiny places means it's more like a severe sunburn than a hospitalizing burn, but make no mistake each hair follicle is actually burned away. Recovery can be somewhat traumatic, with the area sensitive and puffy for days. The first hour after my first treatment I looked like I had been attacked by bees.

Subsequent treatments get easier as there is less and less hair to burn away, and the trauma goes down.

During treatment the hair looks patchy (especially the first time) as it grows back due to varying hair growth cycles and just the areas that the nurse traces may not always perfectly cover everything. It's also harder to shave as the hair texture changes to softer. After a few treatments you will look even, however it may take anywhere from 5-8 treatments to fully reduce your hair growth to the minimum!

Now let's talk about the burning.

You will hear and smell the sizzle and burn. This can be unnerving. It is also extremely uncomfortable. The pain is what I imagine an electric shock to feel like, short, sharp and intense. It's not like a needle prick or hair pull. Your experience may vary somewhat with the type of equipment, and skin/hair complexion. Light skin and dark hair is most effective at most complete removal. Sensitive skin is most painful. Your genitals are sensitive areas and they will hurt quite a bit. The worst is actually areas of dense hair with bone close to the skin, so your jaw line and upper lip.

So, expensive and painful, but if you can afford it and endure it, the feeling of being natural clean and not having to shave is wonderful! I'm actually thinking of expanding my treatment to include my belly...

Happy to answer any more questions.

thanks so much AdorableRabbit ! what a great gift! perhaps you can give us some continued updates here.. if you feel comfortable doing so that is.

- - - Updated - - -

babylock1 said:
There is something about Lasers having variable intensity of use - on the back; the legs and wide open spaces the laser is used on high -
while in more private sensitive areas the beams powered down reduced to be more pleasant although not necessary as effective requiring another trip or redo.
Lasers have a short life use if used on the high power setting.

I was told the pain is similar to taking a rubber band and stretching and snap releasing it against the skin.
The beam is plotted over a course of quarter (USA $0.25 piece) size chunks overlapping.
That is it in layman's terminology.

A visit to the Laser facility is a must to see if this is for you and learn more about the procedure and the side effects !

There is a lot to be learned here about hair removal - read on for more - no not from me but others and Google for more info !

thats for the response - i will continue my research

If you want permanent hair removal the only option is electrolysis. Laser doesn't truly remove hair permanently.

Slomo said:
The sunburn description was about right, but I never had swelling. In lieu of lotion I always use banna boat's dark tanning lotion. I found years ago this stuff will actually reverse a sun burn into a tan, and heal the skin really fast too. That may be why my treatments (only the back) were never that bad.

I'll try the banna boat lotion next treatment, thanks for the tip!

Your density of hair and the location makes a *huge* difference to pain level.

For me when she started on my back it felt like a tickle/jolt. I thought, wow this is really nothing to be worried about.

Then she got to the big hair patches on my shoulders and those felt more like somebody swatting with a rubber band. The bad sunburn feeling on my back was most intense there and lasted a day and a half.

The genitals are a different story. Actually acutely painfully in the way I described above, the nurse would take breaks and I found myself sweating bullets. Surprisingly they had almost no recovery time, and were just slightly tender for a few days.

The neck is comparable to the genitals, but the jawline was some of the most intense pain I can remember. Definitely a 10. Recovery on all the neck is the longest with puffiness and redness and bumps that lasted over a week.

That said I am loving the results and so is my wife, so I can't wait to go back next weekend!

AdorableRabbit said:
I'll try the banna boat lotion next treatment, thanks for the tip!

Your density of hair and the location makes a *huge* difference to pain level.

For me when she started on my back it felt like a tickle/jolt. I thought, wow this is really nothing to be worried about.

Then she got to the big hair patches on my shoulders and those felt more like somebody swatting with a rubber band. The bad sunburn feeling on my back was most intense there and lasted a day and a half.

The genitals are a different story. Actually acutely painfully in the way I described above, the nurse would take breaks and I found myself sweating bullets. Surprisingly they had almost no recovery time, and were just slightly tender for a few days.

The neck is comparable to the genitals, but the jawline was some of the most intense pain I can remember. Definitely a 10. Recovery on all the neck is the longest with puffiness and redness and bumps that lasted over a week.

That said I am loving the results and so is my wife, so I can't wait to go back next weekend!

You make me glad I only did my back!

It's worth noting, I've tried other dark tanning lotions (even by banana boat) but none of them worked for healing a sunburn. There's something to just that one which makes it work, so make sure to get only it.
https://www.ebay.com/i/222555362348...3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1430166806092

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back