Not open for further replies.

WildBlueCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
I have plenty of experience with higher end, higher capacity diapers. In my current rotation are Abena L4s, BetterDry large, ConfiDry 24/7 mediums, and Crinklz large. I can wet one of those heavily over the course of up to 8 hours, and there's no odor I can detect (until I take them off). I know when I've gone too long in a diaper (overnight and into the morning, especially, sometimes up to 12 hours, maybe more if I'm absorbed in something) because I'll start to get a whiff...

With the Rearz Safari, it seems like immediately after the first good wetting, I can detect an odor, even with the dyp still snugly sealed around my nethers. There doesn't seem to be much, if any, odor control?

My fluid intake is unchanged, my diet is unchanged, there's no biological reason it should be different.

Has anyone else experienced this?

WildBlueCrinkle said:
I have plenty of experience with higher end, higher capacity diapers. In my current rotation are Abena L4s, BetterDry large, ConfiDry 24/7 mediums, and Crinklz large. I can wet one of those heavily over the course of up to 8 hours, and there's no odor I can detect (until I take them off). I know when I've gone too long in a diaper (overnight and into the morning, especially, sometimes up to 12 hours, maybe more if I'm absorbed in something) because I'll start to get a whiff...

With the Rearz Safari, it seems like immediately after the first good wetting, I can detect an odor, even with the dyp still snugly sealed around my nethers. There doesn't seem to be much, if any, odor control?

My fluid intake is unchanged, my diet is unchanged, there's no biological reason it should be different.

Has anyone else experienced this?

There is a lot to consider such as types of foods and liquid intake. I take chlorophyll tabs to cut down on urine smell, which can be expensive, but if I eat something like salmon or a bowl of golden crisp cereal, I will smell like pee no matter what.

Never tried Rearz, but I've had the same experience with the Fabine Teddies. I figured it was because they were high SAP, low pulp diapers. But maybe it's something else causing this.

Thick Diapers like the Safari have more pulp to add bulk and fluff. The higher the pulp to SAP ratio, the more unsquestered wetness the diaper will have exposed to the air. More pulp, more thickness, but more smell.

the Safari has an incredibly high SAP content for a diaper. those things could absorb a small ocean. But since the pulp content is also super high to make it thick, you may get more smell than some other diapers.

mayhem said:
There is a lot to consider such as types of foods and liquid intake. I take chlorophyll tabs to cut down on urine smell, which can be expensive, but if I eat something like salmon or a bowl of golden crisp cereal, I will smell like pee no matter what.

Yeah, I know, but my diet / intake doesn't change much (I'm a boring person stuck in a food / drink rut), and this is consistent across multiple days - days when I've had exactly the same intake as when wearing an L4 or Betterdry, which didn't noticeably smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back