Needing Budget Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMax2000

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Ok, so I'm trying to save money. I still want to wear diapers. But I'm wanting ones like Abena. I really like them. What other kinds of budget diapers are there available, how much poof they have, and what kind do you recommend.
Please tell me. I need to know

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Well if you want a budget diaper I'd personally suggest Tranquility ATN's they are not the best diaper and are thin. but for the price they work well enough. I buy them when im tight on money.

DprEffect said:
Well if you want a budget diaper I'd personally suggest Tranquility ATN's they are not the best diaper and are thin. but for the price they work well enough. I buy them when im tight on money.
I will definitely do that.

Shame diapers just can't be cheaper/free as something we can get for being good upstanding citizens of the world.

Cheaper is a relative term. How long do you typically wear diapers, and how much do you pee in them?

ATNs are cheaper, but they also hold a lot less too. If you pee a certain amount in just 1 abena, it will take 2 or 3 ATNs to hold that same amount. And 3 ATNs are more expensive than 1 Abena. So Abena is often cheaper -overall-.

For me, the cheapest diaper I've ever found is Betterdry. I am 24/7, and stay well hydrated though. With these, I can change just twice a day, at a total cost of 3.00 per day. If I were to use ATN, I'd probably go through at least 8 of them (including changin at least twice in the middle of the night), at the staggering cost of $8.88 per day. So for me, ATN is nowhere near cheap.

The big question is how much you wet. I have been using ATN and I'm 24/7.

For nights and long trips I use a Super Topliner booster and add some packing tape to seal up the sides better since I'm a side-sleeper.

For the price, they are a decent enough diaper and they do better than most at their price point per diaper.

Are they the best out there? No, but they do OK. They are plastic-backed and that's a big win. The tapes are decent, but not the best out there.

They are not really poofy but folding them longways and then rolling that up a bit will help to floof it up a little.

I second Tranquility ATN, they're not quite up to the Abena L4s but they're more than functional. When I'm tight on cash I've been known to purchase them, and this website has the best price for them I've found:

http://www.dignitywithdiapers.com/

To add a bit. The Tranquility ATN right now is what I consider my minimum acceptable diaper so far but I have not tried a lot of brands. But it is cheap (per diaper), plastic-backed, and it works OK.

I have tried a sample pack of the Northshore Supremes and I like them but it is scary to see the difference between the number of diapers per case and the price. As Slomo attests, the price PER DAY on the better diapers is likely to be less expensive so I'll end up needing to bite the bullet and give it a go. I should try to keep a basic diaper tally so I can work out my actual costs per day.

Right now I've been buying a partial case of 6 bags of the ATN every two weeks from Amazon--I don't know why they just don't sell a full case of 8 bags--and monthly I have been buying 100 of the liners. I may be able to stretch that out to every 6 weeks though since 100 liners can last me awhile since I don't normally need those during the day. It is something else I have to add to my costs per day for diapering.

BabyMax2000 said:
Ok, so I'm trying to save money. I still want to wear diapers. But I'm wanting ones like Abena. I really like them. What other kinds of budget diapers are there available, how much poof they have, and what kind do you recommend.
Please tell me. I need to know

I don’t think you’ll like this, but Abenas ARE budget. ATNs aren’t really close in quality. If you want poof on a budget, I would go thrift shopping or look on Craigslist.You can often find some very cheap diapers which you can double or triple. Otherwise, if you have some cash to spend, the cheapest prices you are going to get are when you buy in larger quantities.

Anyways, I really like FitRite Ultras and there are usually attends, some of which are pretty good. I would stay away from most plastic diapers you don’t recognize though, ironically. You might also find ATNs, and at those prices, they are actually OK. I’ve taken risks a few times and been pleasantly surprised. Found some really nice hospital? Diapers which were quite absorbent and despite having no leak guards, they had a very nice fit with 2 firm large tapes on each side. I thought they wouldn’t be good for anything and they turned out to be good for 3-4 good sized wettings.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back