People searching up ABDL after finding out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secret240

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I think of someone finding out about the whole idea of ABDL, one of the first things to come to mind is what they might find on the internet as an outsider looking up things like "ABDL" or "Older people liking diapers" in an attempt to better understand what they may have just found out.

Am I paranoid? How do you think someone outside might react to, say, some of the threads on adisc? Do you think they'd be able to get the idea it is not just a fetish?

I'm curious to hear thoughts.

I'm more talking about people finding out someone they know is ABDL, then looking it up. What I'm worried about is what they might find and how they might consider it.

I have the same concern about telling my wife. My plan is to tell her that abdl encompasses a wide spectrum and not everything out there applies to how I feel. I'll then provide some links to information that I identify most with and think will be helpful and caution her that there's a lot of people way crazier about this than me.

Hmmm. I agree there is a huge difference. As much as I respect other peoples lifestyles, I sometimes fear the possibility of being grouped into the same group as all the other whatever associated with was is generally referred to as the ABDL community. I think that makes Adisc an interesting, and somewhat "difficult" site in terms of the different people, but this "difficulty" has been, is, and probably always will be helped by the insane kindness and (for the internet) lack of toxicity.

This is exactly why I always tell people to make sure they fully understand what diapers mean to them first. And then to make sure to fully explain it to those they are telling.

Just blurting out you're abdl then leaving that person to fill in the rest is a disaster waiting to happen. Like the others have said, there is just too much variance and not all if it applies to any one person.

If you don't get that person to understand right from the start, then they will come to their own misconclusions. Most of which are not going to be good for you.

I am still in the process of figuring out the little nuances of my identity, which is not surprising considering how new this all is to me. On the off chance that somehow someone close to me finds out about this, either due to my own negligence or somehow they figure out my identity here and put two and two together, I'd want to have an explanation ready. I'd be truthful with them—it's easier to just tell the truth than remember a dozen lies.

More to the question asked, one always takes a risk putting themselves out there on a diaper site. I've put a lot of myself on this site, ongoing for the last 10 years, and so far, no one has every said anything to me about people who wear diapers for enjoyment or self gratification. I think we're quite safe on this site. The other aspect is that if someone is searching AB/DL sites, they most likely already have an interest in it otherwise they would never be investigating the subject, because we are still a very small segment of society. Most people would never know or guess that some people enjoy wearing and using diapers. As Santa said to the two M & M's, "They do exist!"

OmiOMy said:
I am still in the process of figuring out the little nuances of my identity, which is not surprising considering how new this all is to me. On the off chance that somehow someone close to me finds out about this, either due to my own negligence or somehow they figure out my identity here and put two and two together, I'd want to have an explanation ready. I'd be truthful with them—it's easier to just tell the truth than remember a dozen lies.

This exactly!

This is why I always tell anyone looking to come out and tell someone, that they first need to fully research and understand what diapers mean to them. It's such an often overlooked step, that it needs repeating.

Like you said too, there's always the chance someone can come across it. Often enough, before you're ready for it too. This is why it's so important to take the lead for coming out. At the very least to be ready for it.

I don't think we will ever be understood because there is really no reason why we do it except that we enjoy diapers. I have my own spiritual reason for doing it.

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back