Conventional underwear

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfront

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Do any of you have a shorthand expression or anything for conventional underwear, underpants etc? "Conventional underwear" sounds pompous. But "normal" sounds judgemental.

I just say underwear. And if people say underwear to me, I assume they're referring to conventional underwear unless they specify otherwise.

i just use the word underwear. cause its what i wear under pants or what not. i think its kind of like soda pop, everyone has there own name for it and no one is wrong about it. i had a conversation about underwear and when i got asked i just said tighty whities cause my diaper was white and tight. haha

It's either underwear or diaper. And I don't even own any underwear.

Pants, but then I suppose that makes things very confusing for Americans...

I no longer own any normal under wear

Thanks all. I'll use "underwear" or "underpants".

yfront said:
Thanks all. I'll use "underwear" or "underpants".

Yfronts in conventional normal everyday underwear really don't play a functional part when wearing diapers aka nappies.
Wearing underwear underpants even unmentionables to make it appear that wearing diapers is something normal - hummm is this normal ?

I just call them what they are. Boxers and diapers. Right now my boxers act more as a diaper cover for me.

"gruds"

ade said:

Haha....well that doesn't sound very nice! I'm either in diapers or I'm wearing "grumps".

ade said:

"Grud" sounds like something I might say when my alarm clock goes off in the morning. That, or another four letter word that starts with the consonant immediately preceding the one that starts grud.:laugh:

When I hear Grud, I immediately think of the Judge Dred comics. Grud was the word they used instead of god--"Thank Grud!"

I've herd friends and family call pants "grundies" me personally I call them big boy pants, Y fronts or boxers

PaddedDeist said:
When I hear Grud, I immediately think of the Judge Dred comics. Grud was the word they used instead of god--"Thank Grud!"
thank drokk for Grud!
:cool:

your amusement (s) at the word got me on a search for origins, once again (since the last one, yonks ago, turned up nowt). as there seems to be another similar word, 'grots', i also had a look at that.
nothing for sure, but the German 'gehullt' refers to a material being wrapped around [oneself?] (as would've been the case when 'underpants' were nothing more than loincloths, and more like diapers/nappies than owt) and easily transmutes into 'grud' when spoken. and variations of Norsey 'grottig' deal with a grotty theme, as one may expect from some people's gruds (naming no names, you know who you are).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back