Why do they make Adult Pull-Ups so big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfan9389

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've been in tape-on diapers for my bedwetting the past few weeks since the ABDL and Bedwetting reddit threads suggested it. It made me wonder however, why the Depend pull-ups I was wearing since switching from GoodNites in college are sized the way they are. I wear size 14 underwear (youth large) and only switched to Depends because GoodNites started not holding my bladder capacity at night. However, I noticed that the waist and leg holes went up way too high on me and that's probably why I had so many leaks if I wasn't sleeping on my front. This made wonder why they make the leg holes so big. I'm sure there are a few adults out there like me that were either preemies and have a small frame or are just small from genetics. GoodNites fit me perfectly still but obviously leaked and were embarrassing to buy. (Since they are in the same aisle as baby diapers and training pants) I guess I'm only thinking about this because I'm going to need to travel home to visit family at some point this year. I'm worried about having to change into my new tape-on diapers at the airport in case I have an accident on the plane. Usually when I wore pull-ups I could just pull them on in the bathroom easily. Does anyone have any input? Thanks everyone.

I was a preemie too, and am still frakkin tiny. The sizing on those things is ridiculous.

There's a trick to changing in the little bathrooms that someone else has the details on here—you have to lean on the wall or the door, whichever has the most clearance I think.

OmiOMy said:
I was a preemie too, and am still frakkin tiny. The sizing on those things is ridiculous.

There's a trick to changing in the little bathrooms that someone else has the details on here—you have to lean on the wall or the door, whichever has the most clearance I think.

That would make sense. I hope I can figure out how to change them in small places like that.

Depends adjustable underwear are a joke. Supposedly the same absorbancy as their protection-with-tabs but you'd have about the same experience as taping a piece of paper between your legs.

TheMat said:
Depends adjustable underwear are a joke. Supposedly the same absorbancy as their protection-with-tabs but you'd have about the same experience as taping a piece of paper between your legs.

even the mythbusters confirmed this

The "universal" leg fit is awful. There's not nearly a good of a seal as a tabbed diaper has.

I have never understood this either, when i first outgrew goodnites i tried to transition to adult pull ups and it just didnt work i tried every pull up that was available in 2004 and could not get one that worked well and none were comefortable. I dont know why its so hard to make a pull up that is like a goodnight or a regular pair of underwear with padding that goes all the way to the top in front and back and without the waistband being so high it could double as a bra and leg holes so large you can fit a 5 gallon bucket through them, not to mention the fact that they havent changed the basic design of adult pull ups since they came out back in the 1980's i think they are overdue for some redesigning and updating

For those with smaller body frames I think that the Youth or Small diapers would work for you one brand in particular is best suited for you is Tranquilly the small is not high waist-ed and should work with small legs also. I agree Pull up''s are worthless.

I was able to fit a Goodnite, but the absorbency wasn't even a thing. The smallest adult pull-up fit like wearing oversized underwear (and were about as useful).

I have no idea how useful something with small legs would be on me... I have huge thighs, but the rest of me is tiny.

OmiOMy said:
I was able to fit a Goodnite, but the absorbency wasn't even a thing. The smallest adult pull-up fit like wearing oversized underwear (and were about as useful).

I have no idea how useful something with small legs would be on me... I have huge thighs, but the rest of me is tiny.

Yeah I'm not aware of any decent adult pull up available in stores in the USA. Have to order them.

KenworthW900b said:
I dont know why its so hard to make a pull up that is like a goodnight or a regular pair of underwear with padding that goes all the way to the top in front and back and without the waistband being so high it could double as a bra

Heh, IKR? They're like tube socks! I suspect they're trying to make extra sure it doesn't slide down if wet, but having 8" of elastic seems very excessive to me too!

They typically make them big too accommodate more waist sizes in to one product.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

More sizes? Generic deparment store brands (depends?) Are way too big when you are too close to their smaller size limit.

Slightly unrelated.. Depends Small size says 19" to 34" Waist... I don't know how a person who's 19" can wear it.. at 26" the tapes overlap in front.. and don't really stay on without using physical tape... but maybe that's just my experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back