Diaper covers and plastic pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesecretkid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I am in experienced when it comes to purchasing these products. I was wondering are diaper covers and plastic pants the same thing? Do they provide the same function?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

They're the same thing in so far as they are both worn overtop of a diaper. They are different when it comes to design.

Plastic pants are what they sound like, a soft plastic pant that you pull overtop your diaper, they are cut and designed more like shorts or bloomers I guess. They can have cartoony designs or they can be just plain coloured plastic.

A diaper cover is usually more ornate, some of them have snaps and velcroes. They are more form-fitting, like an extra protective covering for the diaper. They can also be made from a variety of materials, not just plastics. I own some that are soft and poofy and some that are more firm.

I own both, but I prefer diaper covers, they contour to the diaper better and they can be extremely babyish courtesy of some of their designs and the fact that some of them have snaps.

I found some links that should demonstrate the slight differences between the two:

http://abdlfactory.com/image/cache/...LT Diapers Plastic Pants Cover2-1000x1000.jpg
Diaper Cover (a particular type of one anyhow)

https://www.plastic-pants.com/images/DeluxePant/DeluxeNewA.jpg
Plastic Pants (a fairly standard representation)

Poofybutt said:
They're the same thing in so far as they are both worn overtop of a diaper. They are different when it comes to design.

Plastic pants are what they sound like, a soft plastic pant that you pull overtop your diaper, they are cut and designed more like shorts or bloomers I guess. They can have cartoony designs or they can be just plain coloured plastic.

A diaper cover is usually more ornate, some of them have snaps and velcroes. They are more form-fitting, like an extra protective covering for the diaper. They can also be made from a variety of materials, not just plastics. I own some that are soft and poofy and some that are more firm.

I own both, but I prefer diaper covers, they contour to the diaper better and they can be extremely babyish courtesy of some of their designs and the fact that some of them have snaps.

I found some links that should demonstrate the slight differences between the two:

http://abdlfactory.com/image/cache/...LT Diapers Plastic Pants Cover2-1000x1000.jpg
Diaper Cover (a particular type of one anyhow)

https://www.plastic-pants.com/images/DeluxePant/DeluxeNewA.jpg
Plastic Pants (a fairly standard representation)

Thank you for the quick reply! By looking at them, I think I would prefer covers over pants.

How well do the snapped covers work? You'd think where the cover opens--not talking about the leg areas where I can see the gathers--would be a point where it could leak?

PaddedDeist said:
How well do the snapped covers work? You'd think where the cover opens--not talking about the leg areas where I can see the gathers--would be a point where it could leak?

Personally, I haven't had any leaks using my snap up diaper covers. In fact, I rarely leak when diapered up. In most cases, if I do spring a leak, it's at the leg gathers towards the back of the diaper. When I do leak, the cover does it's job.

I can see what you mean though, some diaper covers do seem devoid of protection at the front elastic and rear elastic, but as I said, I've never experienced a leak there.

Overall, I'd say they work well.

Good to know. Thanks!

Instead of plastic, take a look at PUL diaper covers. They are more durable, and quieter too.

Diaper covers don't always have a waterproof barrier, they're usually just a cover, like underwear, they usually don't serve a purpose other than that. So be careful if your looking for extra protection, if that's what you're looking for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Diaper covers don't always have a waterproof barrier, they're usually just a cover, like underwear, they usually don't serve a purpose other than that. So be careful if your looking for extra protection, if that's what you're looking for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you! The ones I am looking at do have a water proof barrier.

YES, I purchased PUL diaper covers and absolutely love them, they're washable too. I still wear (like now) plastic pants over a very thick diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back