Status
Not open for further replies.

Makubird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I am having problems with teats from Mam: they are vented teats but the vent is not working. So when drinking, the bottle gets sucked vacuum and I have to stop.

It helps to push the base of the teat a little to open the vent but as soon as I stop doing that the vent stops working again. It happens with different size teats and every time I use them.

So what am I doing wrong? I have vented teats from Nuk, they are working fine, but they do not fit on the (very cute) glass bottle of Mam.

Makubird said:
I am having problems with teats from Mam: they are vented teats but the vent is not working. So when drinking, the bottle gets sucked vacuum and I have to stop.

It helps to push the base of the teat a little to open the vent but as soon as I stop doing that the vent stops working again. It happens with different size teats and every time I use them.

So what am I doing wrong? I have vented teats from Nuk, they are working fine, but they do not fit on the (very cute) glass bottle of Mam.
Unfortunately, vents like those were designed with babies in mind not adults so I don't think you can get it working without either enlarging the vent yourself (but risk leakage) or slowing down a lot.

Do you have the teat for the highest age range?

I've had the same problem with mine.

I now use normal baby onces, you have to make the hole slightly bigger for the flow of liquid as you suck.

But they seem to work great for me.

Sheepies said:
Unfortunately, vents like those were designed with babies in mind not adults so I don't think you can get it working without either enlarging the vent yourself (but risk leakage) or slowing down a lot.

Do you have the teat for the highest age range?

I do have the teats for the highest age range, but I do not think that it has to do with the speed that I am drinking at. There is no air coming through the vent at all. Sometimes it suddenly starts venting and there is no problem, but most of the time it doesn't work.

siysiy said:

I've had the same problem with mine.

I now use normal baby onces, you have to make the hole slightly bigger for the flow of liquid as you suck.

But they seem to work great for me.

Do you mean normal Mam teats without the vent? Don't they get sucked vacuum then?

There are some baby bottles where the plastic nipple part has to be properly aligned with the collar that holds it snug against the bottle. The Avent bottles are like that. Check to see if that's the case. I always enlarge the hole at the end of the nibble, using a corkscrew. I like the all glass Avent baby bottles and they work well. I like the glass because it's sort of retro.

dogboy said:
There are some baby bottles where the plastic nipple part has to be properly aligned with the collar that holds it snug against the bottle. The Avent bottles are like that. Check to see if that's the case. I always enlarge the hole at the end of the nibble, using a corkscrew. I like the all glass Avent baby bottles and they work well. I like the glass because it's sort of retro.

Hi Dogboy,

Good suggestion but that doesn't apply to the Mam bottles.
I like glass bottles too, my Mam's is glass as well.

236587057.jpg

Unfortunately I can't get it to work properly most of the time. Guess it is just a faulty product...

I'll take a look at the Avent bottles.

Makubird said:
Hi Dogboy,

Good suggestion but that doesn't apply to the Mam bottles.
I like glass bottles too, my Mam's is glass as well.

View attachment 30307

Unfortunately I can't get it to work properly most of the time. Guess it is just a faulty product...

I'll take a look at the Avent bottles.

That's too bad because it looks really nice.

I use NUK so I can't say anything for MAM but the trouble that I have run into in the past is that if the nipple is completely filled with liquid the vent won't work or there is the tiniest bit of leakage. However, if I lean the liquid slightly forward so that it is not covering the vent it works really well. Don't know if that might help.

LittleAndrea said:
I use NUK so I can't say anything for MAM but the trouble that I have run into in the past is that if the nipple is completely filled with liquid the vent won't work or there is the tiniest bit of leakage. However, if I lean the liquid slightly forward so that it is not covering the vent it works really well. Don't know if that might help.

Thanks for the tip LittleAndrea. I'll think about it should I have problems with the Nuk. For the Mam I'm not sure it will help since the vent is located next to the teat (at 9 'o clock) whilst in the Nuk it is on top (at 12).

Before I signed on at ADISC I never guessed that once I would be discussing the technical details of bottle teats :D

I recommend the other bottles that MAM makes. The vent on the bottom instead of the teat. It works well. Just make sure all the various parts are seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back