Crinkle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlboylife

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
So I was walking into target earlier today, and this lady in maybe her late 40s was walking behind me the whole way. We get to the automatic doors and she says to me ' I can hear you crinkle'. I turned and asked what? She says ' I can hear your diaper'. I was petrified and just went 'oh'. Then she went into the store.

She must know something about our lifestyle in some way. Few people outside the ABDL community would notice that sound in a loud public place, or even recognize what it was from. Personally, I am at a place in my life where I would have openly admitted I was in a diaper, and thanked her for letting me know it is that loud. I hope you weren't too embarrassed by it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

"And I can hear you being a nosy idiot. Mind your own business" is all you need to respond to people like that. Turn the embarrassment on them.

I think she was trying to start a conversation. Had that happened to me I would have asked her if it bothered her and taken it from there.

TheMat said:
"And I can hear you being a nosy idiot. Mind your own business" is all you need to respond to people like that. Turn the embarrassment on them.

It sounded to me like she was trying to discreetly let OP know that their diaper was audible, in case they weren't aware, as an act of consideration rather than as nosy. Some people would like to be informed of something like that rather than go unaware.

Yeah, sounds to me like she’s in the know (and very likely wears herself) and was trying to discreetly tip you off. I would’ve likely thanked her and asked if she also had to wear, or how she knew.

She knows you’re diapered and wants to talk – I’d consider it an invitation for a possible friendship.

It would have been interesting if you had said, "Oh, are you AB/DL" and then waited for her response. If she said, "what's AB/DL", then you would know that she's probably incontinent and wears diapers for need rather than desire. Anyway, quite interesting.

It happens a lot. If you wear diapers in public, even discreetly, you will get random strangers approaching you to inform you that they have heard a slight crinkle over the background noise of a shop, and have deduced that you are diapered. As a cyclist, I often wear padded under-shorts and I've lost count of the number of times that strangers have approached me to ask if I was diapered. It gets annoying after a while. My female friends notice the same kind of thing.when they're wearing maxi pads.

Don't worry about other people.

tiny said:
It happens a lot. If you wear diapers in public, even discreetly, you will get random strangers approaching you to inform you that they have heard a slight crinkle over the background noise of a shop, and have deduced that you are diapered. As a cyclist, I often wear padded under-shorts and I've lost count of the number of times that strangers have approached me to ask if I was diapered. It gets annoying after a while. My female friends notice the same kind of thing.when they're wearing maxi pads.

Don't worry about other people.

That's interesting. I know that it can happen but I've been 24/7 for 15 months and for a good chunk of the three years previous and I've never had anyone say anything. I have friends who wear and have been asked but it's very rare for them. Maybe you're the one that sets the average.

Trevor said:
That's interesting. I know that it can happen but I've been 24/7 for 15 months and for a good chunk of the three years previous and I've never had anyone say anything. I have friends who wear and have been asked but it's very rare for them. Maybe you're the one that sets the average.

Ha ha -- sorry. I forgot the sarcasm tag :p

I think it would be really weird of someone to go up to a random stranger, tell them they have noticed a crinkle and deduced that they're wearing a diaper, then just walk off. I can't imagine what their motivation would be. Very odd.

dlboylife said:
So I was walking into target earlier today, and this lady in maybe her late 40s was walking behind me the whole way. We get to the automatic doors and she says to me ' I can hear you crinkle'. I turned and asked what? She says ' I can hear your diaper'. I was petrified and just went 'oh'. Then she went into the store.

I’m not calling you a liar, but this is extremely hard to believe. Ambient noises in the outside world are almost always so loud that it covers up any semblance of crinkle. I’ve worn attends with waistband (probably the loudest diaper there is) in public. In my home it sounded like a trash bag full of leaves when I walked around. In the store I couldn’t hear it and neither could my ex.

I’ve been wearing diapers 24/7/365 for over 30 years, and no stranger has ever approached me to say something about my diapers. Never.

mayhem said:
I’m not calling you a liar, but this is extremely hard to believe. Ambient noises in the outside world are almost always so loud that it covers up any semblance of crinkle. I’ve worn attends with waistband (probably the loudest diaper there is) in public. In my home it sounded like a trash bag full of leaves when I walked around. In the store I couldn’t hear it and neither could my ex.

thanks for calling my a lier without calling me a lier. :damnpc:

Inconinmiss said:
I’ve been wearing diapers 24/7/365 for over 30 years, and no stranger has ever approached me to say something about my diapers. Never.

I have several times. Not because if the noise though.

- - - Updated - - -

dlboylife said:
thanks for calling my a lier without calling me a lier. :damnpc:

It’s liar not lier and I wasn’t calling you a liar. I said it’s hard to believe.

dlboylife said:

Sounds like someone who knows all about nappies. Maybe she wears them. In all the years I have worn nappies and plastic pants no one has ever commented.

In 20+ years of being diapered I have never once been called out for diaper crinkle. And I've worn some pretty loud diapers before (though I believe the old depends were louder than attends).

She really had to of been abdl aware to pick up on it.

I think abdls can pick up the crinkle alot easier. I was in vegas once with my friend who is also an abdl and we were walking through the slot machine area...lol he told me i can hear you crinkling even though the slots were loud and it was crouded ><

I find this hard to believe tbh. Even in an outspoken culture like the western world, people THAT rude and intrusive hardly exist. Especially a lady.

dlboylife said:

She thought you were cute and wanted to start a conversation with something you both had in common :cheekkiss::cheekkiss::cheekkiss:

The correct response would have been, and I hear yours as well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back