Status
Not open for further replies.

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hello y'all,

Had a truly marvellous day with my Mommy and had to post. So, we were talking all week leading up to today and we both decided to have a fully planned baby day.

Mommy got here at 8 in the morning and she just left at quarter to 7. We both had a blast. Mommy bought me a new toy, she held me, rocked me, bottle fed me, spoon fed me some apple sauce, watched me play with my toys, checked my diaper, gave me a sponge bath, put me down for a nap and she even changed one of my wet diapers, she's gotten better at getting the tapes snug too :eek:

Today was one of the most fulfilling days of my life, full immersion in baby mode with someone to take care of me. I'm so glad that I have her as a friend, a confidant and a Mommy now.

One thing that Mommy requested kinda threw me though. After I was changed into a fresh diaper, she asked if I would be able to go poopy in the next one. Now, Mommy has been completely up front about what she is willing to do and dealing with messy diapers was something she said she was fine with. I'd also be lying if I said I haven't dreamed about getting my messy bottom changed. The sad thing is, I wasn't expecting her to just come out and request that I poop my diaper so soon, I had assumed that we would build up to something like that. Suffice it to say, I froze, I could not mess in front of Mommy.

Disclaimer, I mess my diapers semi-consistently when I regress solo and even then I can sometimes have trouble overcoming the mental block that comes with potty-training. Curiously enough, this mental block really only makes going #2 difficult, it has no effect on going #1. So, as you can imagine, this mental block was quite harsh when faced with Mommy's request.

To those of you who have a Mommy or caregiver, how do you overcome the shame and the mental block that prevents you from using in front of them? Is there some kind of a trick? or, is this more of a practice makes perfect thing?

Any advice is welcome, thanks :smile:

Glad to hear that you had a nice time together!
But yeah, her just asking that out of the blue must've been off putting (you say you've been talking with her for a week prior? I'd think that'd be something she should've mentioned beforehand).
About the mental block thing, I'd imagine it's just something that gets easier with practice, the more you do it the easier it should be.

Rather than practice making perfect, timing makes perfect.

I’ve had two women babysit me who told me they “couldn’t wait” to change a dirty diaper. Unfortunately, I’m not one for enemas or other artificial means, so the only way for me to have a BM “on cue” was to prepare for it in advance.

I sat out to learn which foods and drinks triggered a BM for me, and how long a period elapsed between eating or drinking and the BM. This interval is as different for everyone as the triggers themselves, of course.

When my next babysitting session rolled around, I ate something an hour or so before bed that had, in the past, produced a BM in about 12 hours. The next morning when my babysitter showed up, I knew I could ‘go’ as soon as she diapered me ... and did.

Start making a list of foods you can associate with a BM, then start timing yourself to see how many hours pass between ingestion and BM. This is all achievable in a week or two.

If your nanny wants to change a dirty diaper, you’ll have to prepare for it in advance. Otherwise, you can wait several months or several years while your body learns to go on her schedule.

Shadow456 said:
Glad to hear that you had a nice time together!
But yeah, her just asking that out of the blue must've been off putting (you say you've been talking with her for a week prior? I'd think that'd be something she should've mentioned beforehand).
About the mental block thing, I'd imagine it's just something that gets easier with practice, the more you do it the easier it should be.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I figure this is gonna be a case of practice makes perfect, but I'm game to hear if anyone else with a caregiver has advice on the matter.

Yes, Mommy asking me to mess caught me off guard a bit. She has told me that she is fine with messy diapers, but as we were planning our weekend get together diaper usage didn't really enter the conversation, in hindsight, I should have said something. Still, it didn't put a huge damper on the situation, We still had a great time and I admire her willingness to do that for me.

- - - Updated - - -

sbmccue said:
Rather than practice making perfect, timing makes perfect.

Sound advice :smile:

I'm not a fan of artificial means either so figuring out what foods and drinks trigger a mess and timing the consumption of those foods to coincide with our next visit sounds like a good way around this conundrum.

Mommy really is game for anything and I want to overcome that mental block so we can try absolutely everything out at least once.

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoyed the day together so much! Sorry that you had the one hiccup, but I imagine now that you know that messing is something that's totally ok, you'll probably be less schocked and frozen the next time you try. Definitely like sbmccue said, learning what makes you have to "go", and when you'll need to, should help you plan around when that may happen the next time you have a baby day. Also I'm sure you've thought of this already, but try and just relax and be natural. I'm sure as willing as she is to change you and you are to go, it's still gonna be hard to do if you're really focused on it. When you get all the logistics figured out, just enjoy playing and then when it's time to "go" hopefully you'll feel calm enough to let it happen. Best of luck, and I hope you continue to have fun!

RompingBulbasaur said:
I'm glad you enjoyed the day together so much! Sorry that you had the one hiccup, but I imagine now that you know that messing is something that's totally ok, you'll probably be less schocked and frozen the next time you try. Definitely like sbmccue said, learning what makes you have to "go", and when you'll need to, should help you plan around when that may happen the next time you have a baby day. Also I'm sure you've thought of this already, but try and just relax and be natural. I'm sure as willing as she is to change you and you are to go, it's still gonna be hard to do if you're really focused on it. When you get all the logistics figured out, just enjoy playing and then when it's time to "go" hopefully you'll feel calm enough to let it happen. Best of luck, and I hope you continue to have fun!

Thanks, yes we definitely enjoyed our day together.

Knowing that Mommy is OK with messy diapers helps a bit, but I think I'll take into consideration what sbmccue suggested, knowing what makes me go and finding the right timing should help me over this hurdle and prevent me from freezing up in the future.

I also like what you said about relaxing and letting it come naturally. I tend to relax and let go when I'm in baby-mode alone and that usually does the trick, of course relaxing and letting go with someone watching is a little more difficult.

I think this advice will help in the future and I am most certainly looking to forward to more baby-time with my Mommy :smile:

I normally don't like messing because of the cleanup but I have times that I typically have to go #2. While knowing what foods will trigger a BM is great advice, knowing your body's natural rhythms can also be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back