Status
Not open for further replies.

TabulaRasa2017

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hi everyone,

I hope your new year is off to a good start.

I've been realizing that the different labels we use for each other and for what we do often have different meanings for different people. Although I'm a lifelong ABDL, I've only recently immersed myself in the ABDL community through all of you wonderful people and that means I'm still kind of new to the "culture" of ABDL. I'm still learning.

I typically have not distinguished between wanting to be "little" versus wanting age play, but I'm realizing (and many of you probably already know this) that being little is often not associated with sex but age play typically is. So, I have been identifying as AB/Little because that type of age play is, shall we say, stimulating for me. But I don't have as much of a desire as I know some of you do to be little or wear diapers day to day (obviously, not including those who need diapers for medical reasons).

So my question is, would I have it right to say I am interested in age play rather than being little? The AB and diaper component is all there, but it's very much part of my sexual identity and not so much my day to day identity. Perhaps put more bluntly, I would not be wearing diapers and acting like I'm 2 years old if I were not getting something out of it sexually. And, I don't believe I'm DL because just wearing diapers without the baby aspects is not as exciting.

Hopefully I've kept this PG-13 but I'm happy to move this thread elsewhere.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts on this. I am an old dog learning new tricks.

Be well.

This is an interesting topic. The unfortunate answer is that there's no consistent answer. Different forums, different events, and different conversations will present different options and the best you can do try to pick a set of labels that more or less corresponds to what you want to do and try to clarify with other people when you're actually talking with them.

I will say that I've seen "Littles" used as a more broad term for anyone that wants to act younger, and because it's a broad term, it doesn't always imply sex. But I've also seen "ageplayers" who were talking about activities like going out to the zoo together and had no interest in sex either, so that doesn't solve the problem either. Still, I think you're probably right that ageplay means sex more often than little does, but we're talking about the difference between say 50% of the time vs. 65% of the time (note: statistic made up on the spot).

What I would suggest is to look for context. If you're filling out a set of terms on fetlife, look at what different events are doing and pick terms that seem to match with the activities you want to do. If you're filling out labels on ADISC...consider adding more detail in your profile page or a blog post. If you're at an event and they want to put some terms on nametags or split people up, ask the organizers what they mean by different terms and then match yourself up by what you want to do. And if you're with an individual, tell them that any terms you might use are just shorthand to help them have an easy way of saying things, and then go into more detail about what the terms mean to you and what you want.

ArchieRoni said:
This is an interesting topic. The unfortunate answer is that there's no consistent answer. Different forums, different events, and different conversations will present different options and the best you can do try to pick a set of labels that more or less corresponds to what you want to do and try to clarify with other people when you're actually talking with them.

I will say that I've seen "Littles" used as a more broad term for anyone that wants to act younger, and because it's a broad term, it doesn't always imply sex. But I've also seen "ageplayers" who were talking about activities like going out to the zoo together and had no interest in sex either, so that doesn't solve the problem either. Still, I think you're probably right that ageplay means sex more often than little does, but we're talking about the difference between say 50% of the time vs. 65% of the time (note: statistic made up on the spot).

What I would suggest is to look for context. If you're filling out a set of terms on fetlife, look at what different events are doing and pick terms that seem to match with the activities you want to do. If you're filling out labels on ADISC...consider adding more detail in your profile page or a blog post. If you're at an event and they want to put some terms on nametags or split people up, ask the organizers what they mean by different terms and then match yourself up by what you want to do. And if you're with an individual, tell them that any terms you might use are just shorthand to help them have an easy way of saying things, and then go into more detail about what the terms mean to you and what you want.

Hi ArchieRoni,

Thank you for the thoughtful response to my question! I guess as I've finally become comfortable in my own skin (diapers?) with this part of me, I'm trying to as clearly as possible convey what part of ABDL I want in a future partner. I also want to make sure I'm not saying I'm one thing or another when in the ABDL community it might mean something else.

Thanks!

Hi TabulaRasa2017

Tittles and what they mean.

I hope this is helpful to you, there are lots and lots of different titles we give to the way we are.

This is a list of them and what they mean.

 LB- Little Boy.
 LG- Little girl.
 LO- Little One.
 CG- Caregiver.
 CGL- Caregiver and there Little.
 DDlg- Daddy Dominant & little girl.
 DDlb- Daddy Dominant & little boy.
 MDlg- Mommy Dominant & little girl.
 MDlb- Mommy Dominant & little boy.
 AB/DL- Adult Baby Diapers Lover. This can be split AB is someone who spends time as a baby and a DL is some one that like to wear Diapers.
 AB Little- Adult Baby Little. This is a person that feels very young on the inside and enjoys spending time regressed into a mindset of a baby. An AB Little is roughly bitten 6 months old to about 3/4 years old.
 Little: The term little cover all types of individuals who feel they are younger than their physical age.
A little is roughly around the ages of 3/4 years old to about 10/11 years old. And each Little is different.
 Middle- a middle is a person who is similar to a Little who enjoys being in the mind-set of a teenager from about 10/11 years old to about 17 years old.
 Sissy- a sissy is a person usually a mail who does not follow standard male stereotypes. This is the dictionary definition but it goes much broader then just male stereotypes.
 Caregiver- a caregiver is non gender specific title that represents someone who sometimes takes on the role of caring for a little, similar to a mummy/daddy that will encourage healthy boundaries.
 P-Dom-a person that takes on the role of being a much stricter parent finger to a Little. Also known as a Daddy Dom / Mommy Dom.
 Big- Another non gender specific title that represents someone who sometimes take on the role of a caregiver this could be a big sister figure or a big brother figure a Big could also be a Middle.
 Switch- An individual who enjoys being both a Caregiver and a Little. They are known as a switch because they “switch” roles.
 Little space- is the childlike mind-set we like to spent time in. this is called transition or regression, for some of us we are never far away from being in this mind set but for others it’s something they need to regress into and they may need triggers. Middle space is very simpler.
 Age Play- a type of role play where an individual acts out an age younger than they physically are. They are playing out a role. Which is sometimes a fetish.

I am really sorry if I have missed something out.

This is the deference between us Little ones, as I understand it and Age players.

Age play is about roleplaying of a child at a certain age. Where for us littles, being childlike is a part of who we are. Even if we are adulating that means we are trying to be grown up and are in an "adult mind-set”, we will still have characteristics that are childlike.

If you ask an age player what age they are playing they will be able to tell you, if you ask us Littles we will tell you our chronological/physical age, or we will get confused as most of us don’t know how old we are on the inside.

I think I am about 4ish and I have come to this conciliation by what other people have said to me.

Calling a Little an age players is a bit like calling a wizard a mug blood. It not very nice.

Each Little is different but the common thing we all have is we love being who we are.

hope that helpful to you

Siysiy

This is a confusing space to be sure...

Somefolks I've met find little space to be a thing they drop into almost trance like.

Others, need help dropping into that trance.

Some, seem to live in that mindset.

Yet others play, but can't keep that adult from keenly watching over their shoulder like an angry judgemental monkey...

From what I've seen there's a strange continuum between persona, and play, and roleplay, and hypnosis states... and maybe some folks innate character. They're *not* the same... but ... I'm not convinced they are so different either.

There's not a lot of consistency in how folks talk or think about it... there's like a million 'micro cultures' of ABDLism... but the best thing perhaps is just to be very practical and descriptive about who you are and what you like and not get so hung up on labels and such...

siysiy said:

Hi TabulaRasa2017

Tittles and what they mean.

I hope this is helpful to you, there are lots and lots of different titles we give to the way we are.

This is a list of them and what they mean.

 LB- Little Boy.
 LG- Little girl.
 LO- Little One.
 CG- Caregiver.
 CGL- Caregiver and there Little.
 DDlg- Daddy Dominant & little girl.
 DDlb- Daddy Dominant & little boy.
 MDlg- Mommy Dominant & little girl.
 MDlb- Mommy Dominant & little boy.
 AB/DL- Adult Baby Diapers Lover. This can be split AB is someone who spends time as a baby and a DL is some one that like to wear Diapers.
 AB Little- Adult Baby Little. This is a person that feels very young on the inside and enjoys spending time regressed into a mindset of a baby. An AB Little is roughly bitten 6 months old to about 3/4 years old.
 Little: The term little cover all types of individuals who feel they are younger than their physical age.
A little is roughly around the ages of 3/4 years old to about 10/11 years old. And each Little is different.
 Middle- a middle is a person who is similar to a Little who enjoys being in the mind-set of a teenager from about 10/11 years old to about 17 years old.
 Sissy- a sissy is a person usually a mail who does not follow standard male stereotypes. This is the dictionary definition but it goes much broader then just male stereotypes.
 Caregiver- a caregiver is non gender specific title that represents someone who sometimes takes on the role of caring for a little, similar to a mummy/daddy that will encourage healthy boundaries.
 P-Dom-a person that takes on the role of being a much stricter parent finger to a Little. Also known as a Daddy Dom / Mommy Dom.
 Big- Another non gender specific title that represents someone who sometimes take on the role of a caregiver this could be a big sister figure or a big brother figure a Big could also be a Middle.
 Switch- An individual who enjoys being both a Caregiver and a Little. They are known as a switch because they “switch” roles.
 Little space- is the childlike mind-set we like to spent time in. this is called transition or regression, for some of us we are never far away from being in this mind set but for others it’s something they need to regress into and they may need triggers. Middle space is very simpler.
 Age Play- a type of role play where an individual acts out an age younger than they physically are. They are playing out a role. Which is sometimes a fetish.

I am really sorry if I have missed something out.

This is the deference between us Little ones, as I understand it and Age players.

Age play is about roleplaying of a child at a certain age. Where for us littles, being childlike is a part of who we are. Even if we are adulating that means we are trying to be grown up and are in an "adult mind-set”, we will still have characteristics that are childlike.

If you ask an age player what age they are playing they will be able to tell you, if you ask us Littles we will tell you our chronological/physical age, or we will get confused as most of us don’t know how old we are on the inside.

I think I am about 4ish and I have come to this conciliation by what other people have said to me.

Calling a Little an age players is a bit like calling a wizard a mug blood. It not very nice.

Each Little is different but the common thing we all have is we love being who we are.

hope that helpful to you

Siysiy

Hi Siysiy,

Thanks for the information. I've seen all these categories before and I generally understand what they signify. I guess I was just trying to feel out how much of what I want is just a typical sex fantasy and how much is tied into something deeper for me. Likely, as with all things, it's a combination.

Be well.

- - - Updated - - -

AdorableRabbit said:
This is a confusing space to be sure...

Somefolks I've met find little space to be a thing they drop into almost trance like.

Others, need help dropping into that trance.

Some, seem to live in that mindset.

Yet others play, but can't keep that adult from keenly watching over their shoulder like an angry judgemental monkey...

From what I've seen there's a strange continuum between persona, and play, and roleplay, and hypnosis states... and maybe some folks innate character. They're *not* the same... but ... I'm not convinced they are so different either.

There's not a lot of consistency in how folks talk or think about it... there's like a million 'micro cultures' of ABDLism... but the best thing perhaps is just to be very practical and descriptive about who you are and what you like and not get so hung up on labels and such...

Hi Adorable,

Thanks for your insight. Yeah, I don't know that I can even adequately put my finger on what I "am" exactly or where along that spectrum I fit. I know I'm never so into little space that I can't make adult decisions or immediately snap out of it if I need to. How to explain it ... there's a vulnerable, child-like side to me that I'd like to be acknowledged even if it's just pet names or various verbal cues, and I like that because it puts me "in the mood." And I have a fairly prosaic ABDL fantasy about wanting to be little and diapered and doted on ... also because of how it interfaces with my sexual self. But for me, it's not a lifestyle ... I don't want to live this way on a day to day basis. But it's nice for alone time with someone special.

Anyways, I'm just trying to make sure I'm not appropriating words or labels that really don't mean for me what they mean for others.

Be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back