Awkward Experiences Buying Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
DotDotDot said:
My last time buying in the store - I went through the self checkout. One of the items I had apparently required ID. The attendant got confused and asked if I wanted a warranty on the depends.

Hah! Depends would go broke if they had to guarantee their product. At least they didn't wind up using the PA system. Experiences like yours are one of the reasons I'm less enthused about self-checkout for people who are worried about buying in person. When they work, they're great. When they don't, they seem likely to be more hassle than just just dealing with a human from the outset. I guess there's no foolproof method. The best one I've found is to treat it like any other purchase but that's easier said than done (it took me a while).

Trevor said:
Hah! Depends would go broke if they had to guarantee their product. At least they didn't wind up using the PA system. Experiences like yours are one of the reasons I'm less enthused about self-checkout for people who are worried about buying in person. When they work, they're great. When they don't, they seem likely to be more hassle than just just dealing with a human from the outset. I guess there's no foolproof method. The best one I've found is to treat it like any other purchase but that's easier said than done (it took me a while).

Thank you Trevor. I worried over how to reply to that myself lol. Would have been interesting to try and get them to honor the warranty. >:)

Reginabdl said:
Thank you Trevor. I worried over how to reply to that myself lol. Would have been interesting to try and get them to honor the warranty. >:)

I'd want them to honor their warranty on the claim that they're not "dependable" and offer to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back