winnerchickendinner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I was at the store today and while buying frozen food noticed some GoodNites with packaging slightly different than I can remember seeing before. The S/M package featured Hulk and both the S/M and L/XL sizes featured a graphic claiming they were "40% more absorbent". I didn't buy any because I literally just had a box of GoodNites delivered today from Amazon, and I didn't have the time to inspect the package more closely for differences. The Amazon ones were delivered in a brown box so until I opened them, I had no idea if they'd be new or not. They appeared unchanged from the last wave. I thought to myself, "Oh well, I guess Amazon is still going through old stock."

However, reviewing the Amazon listing quickly convinced me that nothing other than the package has changed for the L/XL size. To the optimist in me, "40% more absorbent" implied that they're more absorbent than they were previously, but a shifty little dagger symbol basically confirmed the reality... that this is in comparison to 4T/5T Pull-Ups. Why would anyone begin to think this statement belongs on the L/XL packaging? Then the rest of the story came out: only the XS and S/M have new designs.

I feel like I'm getting catfished by Kimberly- Clark. I mean, I get it. Most kids have stopped wetting by that point in their growth. Licensing Disney and Marvel characters is probably expensive. Upselling little kids from Pull-Ups into GoodNites is the most important marketing challenge they have. It's not where they make their money and maybe we should be grateful that a product this appealing to AB/DLs is widely available. But L/XL really does get an unnecessarily short end of the stick. They put a misleading statement on the packaging to make you think they're more absorbent when they aren't. The smaller sizes get new designs with licensed characters every year, but L/XL hasn't changed in two years. I don't expect L/XL to get licensed characters; it would be more money and would probably alienate the older kids that need them. But getting a new generic design of some kind would be really nice and I don't think it would be expensive. The Choppers in particular have been there for like six years. I'd even be satisfied if they recycled one of the two old skateboard designs, or maybe they could use the designs that used to be on the S/M like the Shark.

For quite a while now GoodNites are all I've been wearing. They're cute, cheap, and easy to wear incognito, which are all huge pluses for me. But they're not perfect and I really wish they would shake things up more often.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I

I do think that the L/XL sizes could use a little revamping. The current design, however is meant to be subtle. You've gotta think from a 12-14 year old's perspective. The last thing they'd want is to wear some diaper with princesses or Spiderman or something along those lines printed on them. And I get that that's not what you're saying, but I think they intentionally make the designs that way. And as far as a new design, it probably wouldn't cost very much to make a new print, but they probably will keep printing the same design until something forces them to change it. As far as being AB/DL aware, I don't think they've begun to acknowledge us as regular consumers. Their main priority are children, and that might not change for a while. But who knows? NorthShore came through, but they're marketed towards all ages, and they're a little different than the GoodNites brand as far as supplying multiple brands and whatnot.

But hey. The diapers probably do get more absorbent as the sizes increase, but it is obvious that they printed the packaging to look misleading for marketing reasons or something. I understand your frustration. You could probably write to them if you're super passionate about getting them to change the product design. I can see you as an ambassador for AB/DL awareness! Take a stab at it, and see what comes about.

Sorry if I just repeated what you said.. :sweatdrop:

Hope this helped you out!:educate:

Kisses!
-MissDaisyy

Editerino: I'm looking online (Amazon) right now, and there's a plethora of new designs! Oh my goodness, I've been missing out! I buy my supply in-store and I only have that wavy print. But now they've goy butterflies and owls! Haven't looked at the boys patterns, but you should take a look yourself. These patterns seem pretty recent.

Last edited:
I wish they could make GoodNites more absorbent. I had no problems with the designs when I wore them until my freshman year of college. The only problem I really had was getting caught in the baby aisle and people possibly knowing I wet the bed. They fit so much better than the Depend pull-ups I ended up switching to (which leaked just as much). I'm starting to get used to wearing tape-on diapers since I switched last month, but the pull-ups would be so much easier for when I have to travel home for the holidays to visit family. My clothing is the same size as L-XL GoodNites so thats probably why Depends were so big. I wish Kimberly Clark could close the size gap better.

musicfan9389 said:
I wish they could make GoodNites more absorbent. I had no problems with the designs when I wore them until my freshman year of college. The only problem I really had was getting caught in the baby aisle and people possibly knowing I wet the bed. They fit so much better than the Depend pull-ups I ended up switching to (which leaked just as much). I'm starting to get used to wearing tape-on diapers since I switched last month, but the pull-ups would be so much easier for when I have to travel home for the holidays to visit family. My clothing is the same size as L-XL GoodNites so thats probably why Depends were so big. I wish Kimberly Clark could close the size gap better.

I bet if you double up with two pull-ups a night, you'll have less of a problem with leaking. You can cut the waistbands off of one, and use it as a makeshift insert for another. Just cut a few slits on the bottom of the insert one. Tried it a few times as a booster pad for my regular disposables, and it works pretty well. But I also suggest getting some plastic pants. Button-on ones and pull-on ones are pretty easy to put on and take off. Be careful which ones you buy. Different plastics make for more/less discreetness.

Last edited:
MissDaisyy said:
I bet if you double up with two pull-ups a night, you'll have less of a problem with leaking. You can cut the waistbands off of one, and use it as a makeshift insert for another. Just cut a few slits on the bottom of the insert one. Tried it a few times as a booster pad for my regular disposables, and it works pretty well. But I also suggest getting some plastic pants. Button-on ones and pull-on ones are pretty easy to put on and take off. Be careful which ones you buy. Different plastics make for more/less discreetness.

Yeah. I'm getting used to wearing tape-ons, but nervous about being discreet if I'm in the airport and need to change. (Since I am likely to take naps on flights). That's why I wanted more absorbent pull-ups that are closer to my size. I'm small enough that my parents even tried Pampers size 7 on me in high school for a pack, but I didn't want them to keep buying them because they were a little tight. But because I'm smaller the adult products don't fit as well, thats why I'm wearing ConfiDry 24/7s and NorthShore Supremes. Btw, random, but I remember when I started wearing GoodNites they were white with soccer players, then they switched to the colored sides.

musicfan9389 said:

Yeah, if you are an actual bedwetter I can imagine there being significant leaking problems. But for me, a purely recreational wearer, they're pretty decent. If I soak it too soon and don't have a spare or anything, I can just use the potty. It would be nice if they were made more absorbent but my problem is that they implied that they were more absorbent and they don't seem to be. However, if size is your issue, the elastic on the sides got considerably stretchier a few years ago, and I think they may have increased the size a bit last year, which would make sense since they introduced a third smaller size.

MissDaisyy said:
I do think that the L/XL sizes could use a little revamping. The current design, however is meant to be subtle. You've gotta think from a 12-14 year old's perspective. The last thing they'd want is to wear some diaper with princesses or Spiderman or something along those lines printed on them. And I get that that's not what you're saying, but I think they intentionally make the designs that way. And as far as a new design, it probably wouldn't cost very much to make a new print, but they probably will keep printing the same design until something forces them to change it. As far as being AB/DL aware, I don't think they've begun to acknowledge us as regular consumers. Their main priority are children, and that might not change for a while. But who knows? NorthShore came through, but they're marketed towards all ages, and they're a little different than the GoodNites brand as far as supplying multiple brands and whatnot.

I didn't mean to imply that they ever really consider the ABDL community. They might be aware we exist, but there's no way we're a big enough market for a massive corporation like that to want to target.

I understand the subtlety argument, and I'm not exactly against it. I would like them to change them every year; I don't necessarily care much what it's changed to. I do prefer most of the older designs over the current ones, but not really because they're childish. To me the skateboarding and martial arts designs from the past subconsciously communicate a message that kids who wet the bed can lead exciting and fulfilling lives and they have no reason to be stressed out or ashamed of themselves. I think that's an idea worth encouraging. The current designs are all dull blues and greys without any of that same idea outside of, I don't know, maybe encouraging children to enlist in the Army.

Are you talking about NorthShore carrying Crinklz?
MissDaisyy said:
You could probably write to them if you're super passionate about getting them to change the product design. I can see you as an ambassador for AB/DL awareness! Take a stab at it, and see what comes about.

They actually have a dedicated GoodNites customer service hotline, and I have called it before asking when we might see new L/XL designs. It was awkward.

Personally my feeling is that trying to make the general public aware of the ABDL community is in a way asking for trouble... they can't judge us if they don't know we exist. Like, if the whole world knew I was an ABDL, I'd be worried some but might literally "take a stab at" me.

MissDaisyy said:
Editirino: I'm looking online (Amazon) right now, and there's a plethora of new designs! Oh my goodness, I've been missing out! I buy my supply in-store and I only have that wavy print. But now they've got butterflies and owls! Haven't looked at the boys patterns, but you should take a look yourself. These patterns seem pretty recent.
I don't know the girl's designs very well since that isn't what I buy. I think the owl has been around for a while, the butterfly design could be new, but they had a similar butterfly design a few years ago.

winnerchickendinner said:
Yeah, if you are an actual bedwetter I can imagine there being significant leaking problems. But for me, a purely recreational wearer, they're pretty decent. If I soak it too soon and don't have a spare or anything, I can just use the potty. It would be nice if they were made more absorbent but my problem is that they implied that they were more absorbent and they don't seem to be. However, if size is your issue, the elastic on the sides got considerably stretchier a few years ago, and I think they may have increased the size a bit last year, which would make sense since they introduced a third smaller size.

Size isn't really issue with me being so small. (My parents had me wear Pampers Size 7 for a pack in high school before going back to GoodNites) For me it's that adult pull-ups are too big and GoodNites aren't absorbent enough. Thats why I wear tape-ons now. GoodNites were so much more comfortable to wear than Depends.

I don't want them to cater to ABDL's. People with bedwetting or incontinence should be the topmost concern.

winnerchickendinner said:
I understand the subtlety argument, and I'm not exactly against it. I would like them to change them every year; I don't necessarily care much what it's changed to. I do prefer most of the older designs over the current ones, but not really because they're childish. To me the skateboarding and martial arts designs from the past subconsciously communicate a message that kids who wet the bed can lead exciting and fulfilling lives and they have no reason to be stressed out or ashamed of themselves. I think that's an idea worth encouraging. The current designs are all dull blues and greys without any of that same idea outside of, I don't know, maybe encouraging children to enlist in the Army.

Again, I doubt that they'll be changing the design because of their intended demographic. I get that they're not very exciting, but the intent is to make young boys who might feel uncomfortable in something that looks like a diaper, and make the GoodNite feel somewhat discrete. I don't think there's any meaning behind the dull patterns. I have a brother that used them, and he hated then when they were plain white. I guess the army-styled print is a little less babyish.

And I get it if you feel uncomfortable with talking to their representatives. Sorry about making a big deal about it. Your argument might be a little more sound if it were coming from a parent/caretaker.

- - - Updated - - -

musicfan9389 said:
Yeah. I'm getting used to wearing tape-ons, but nervous about being discreet if I'm in the airport and need to change. (Since I am likely to take naps on flights). That's why I wanted more absorbent pull-ups that are closer to my size. I'm small enough that my parents even tried Pampers size 7 on me in high school for a pack, but I didn't want them to keep buying them because they were a little tight. But because I'm smaller the adult products don't fit as well, thats why I'm wearing ConfiDry 24/7s and NorthShore Supremes. Btw, random, but I remember when I started wearing GoodNites they were white with soccer players, then they switched to the colored sides.

Discreetness is always something that is quite concerning, but the reality of wearing is that the only people who are going to know you're wearing are you and any other wearers. People really don't take notice to how they look. I guess it has something to do with a mindset we have when we know we're wearing, considering we feel how bulky it is. But I doubt people will take notice. Even if there's a leak, you can cover it up with a long jacket or something.

MailCat581 said:
I have tried Goodnites off and on. My only wish is that they make one more size (an XXL) that will fit up to 175 or 190 lbs. I am thin and can fit into the current ones with a little squeeze room. They are good quality don't get me wrong and mine have never leaked partially because I wear plastic pants over them. But I really wish they would go up just one more size then I'd be a happy camper using them.

As you more or less said, depending on body shape they can potentiality be worn by people weighing up to ~200 lbs. Honestly they should use waist circumference instead of weight. I'd say they fit up a 34". The way I see it there's no chance of an XXL being introduced, but as I said, the elastic was improved in 2015 and the introduction of the XS size seems to have allowed them a little wiggle room to increase the other two sizes.

My biggest gripe about GoodNites is the narrow crotch. They're otherwise comfy and wear well on my bigger bottom, but the narrow crotch makes leaks almost inevitable. Obviously, the average GoodNites-wearer is prepubescent and/or much smaller than I am, and the product is further intended to masquerade as regular underwear, hence the trim fit. I totally get it.

But hey! One can still wish. If the crotch was even one inch wider than it is now, GoodNites L/XL would probably be a favorite of mine.

I’d love it if they put the sharks on the xl goodnites. A more insane wish would that they put the European only dinosaurs on the American xl too and i’d love to see the monkey on the girls xl.

As a Pull-Ups person, I actually enjoy Drynites, or Goodnites. They're thicker than Pull-Ups and they feel great. They also hold more than Pull-Ups given that the intended purpose of Drynites/Goodnites is different from Pull-Ups. I also like some of the designs.

The "40% More Absorbent" claim refers to them as compared to potty-training pants. About the only notable change in performance I've seen in the past many years is the double leg barriers, where they turned the formerly frilly edging into a second leak guard by adding elastic at the edges.

MailCat581 said:
...My only wish is that they make one more size (an XXL) that will fit up to 175 or 190 lbs...

The original XL Goodnites (Before they combined the L & XL, and before they created the "trimfit" style), could fit that size. They were several inches bigger than the L. In fact, the current L/XL, is smaller in size than the original L.

I've been happy to watch and see where Goodnites have gone. From plain white to having prints. Years ago I wished they'd make them more like Pull-Ups, and now they are.

But the reduction in size is what I've been sad to see happen. I understand why they did it. It was both a reduction in materials used and cost; as well as there not being a huge need for something that fit so big. Still sad to see. Wish I'd bought more of those old XL Goodnites.

Cottontail said:
My biggest gripe about GoodNites is the narrow crotch. They're otherwise comfy and wear well on my bigger bottom, but the narrow crotch makes leaks almost inevitable. Obviously, the average GoodNites-wearer is prepubescent and/or much smaller than I am, and the product is further intended to masquerade as regular underwear, hence the trim fit. I totally get it.

But hey! One can still wish. If the crotch was even one inch wider than it is now, GoodNites L/XL would probably be a favorite of mine.

yeah i totally agree with the narrow crotch, if only they would make them a little wider

MissDaisyy said:

Again, I doubt that they'll be changing the design because of their intended demographic. I get that they're not very exciting, but the intent is to make young boys who might feel uncomfortable in something that looks like a diaper, and make the GoodNite feel somewhat discrete. I don't think there's any meaning behind the dull patterns. I have a brother that used them, and he hated then when they were plain white. I guess the army-styled print is a little less babyish.

And I get it if you feel uncomfortable with talking to their representatives. Sorry about making a big deal about it. Your argument might be a little more sound if it were coming from a parent/caretaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Discreetness is always something that is quite concerning, but the reality of wearing is that the only people who are going to know you're wearing are you and any other wearers. People really don't take notice to how they look. I guess it has something to do with a mindset we have when we know we're wearing, considering we feel how bulky it is. But I doubt people will take notice. Even if there's a leak, you can cover it up with a long jacket or something.

That's a good point. It's like the shunt tube in my head for my hydrocephalus. People really only notice it if I bend my neck a certain way or when I go swimming. (since it goes from my head to my pelvis) I guess I just think people will notice me wearing diapers. Still nervous about figuring out how to change when I have to wear during the day when traveling to my parents for the holidays. I wish they would just make GoodNites more absorbent or adult pull-ups more close to my size. (Kind of hard when you are small and have to wear size 14 underwear and can't fit into adult sizes) I don't mean to stray off too much from the original topic, but thanks for the advice on discreetness. I don't mind bulkiness showing, but only when I'm by myself and wearing diapers to bed.

Actually I think that they’ve improved quite a bit (as I’m wearing one right now) From what I’ve noticed there’s a new double leg guard that really helps in preventing leaks but that’s all I’ve noticed, maybe a little more absorbent but I still combine them with boosters anyways

I wish Goodnites would make more efforts in keeping the child dry, than focusing on cute designs.
I also wish UnderJams would be more competitive. This kind of healthy competitiveness often brings out the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back