Vacation trip, should I try anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesecretkid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
In the beginning of March I am going on a two week vacation to a place where no one should know me. I plan to bring diapers and supplies with me. This should be a good time to try things. However, in the past when I would try things, such as wearing in public, I would talk myself out of it. However, I would really like to become more comfortable and try some things.

Any recommendations on things I can try that should be easy and might help build my confidence/being comfortable?

I like to go to movies wearing a diaper — its not something I generally do in my own town because (a) I’m busy working and (b) it feels a little scary potentially being seen by people I know.

It might be a good option for you because people often attend movies at night when its already dark, the theatre itself is dark, and there a practical benefit of being diapered for a movie anyways. Start there! Go see the new Star Wars or something :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, seeing a movie is definitely a great option; very low risk, and high reward. One thing that helped build my confidence is doing grocery shopping diapered, that's another place people really don't pay much attention since they're so focused on completing a list of stuff themselves. Idk if you're gonna need groceries on your trip, but if you do that's a good place to start as well.

cm90210 said:
I like to go to movies wearing a diaper — its not something I generally do in my own town because (a) I’m busy working and (b) it feels a little scary potentially being seen by people I know.

It might be a good option for you because people often attend movies at night when its already dark, the theatre itself is dark, and there a practical benefit of being diapered for a movie anyways. Start there! Go see the new Star Wars or something :)

I think seeing a movie is a great idea and something I will actually be able to do without talking myself out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

RompingBulbasaur said:
Yeah, seeing a movie is definitely a great option; very low risk, and high reward. One thing that helped build my confidence is doing grocery shopping diapered, that's another place people really don't pay much attention since they're so focused on completing a list of stuff themselves. Idk if you're gonna need groceries on your trip, but if you do that's a good place to start as well.

I will need groceries and was already thinking of doing it diapered, but thought it would be a risk. I might rethink it though, there is a long time until the trip anyways.

Doing groceries in a different place/town can help. Than you are more focussed on finding things on your list than paying atention to your diaper. It also helps if you go to stores you like of need to go( diy, computer, etc) in places outside of your "comfortzone". You can try to visit a museum or amusmentspark a bit further away from your house/work. That is also how I try to wear diapers outside the house.

luier100 said:
Doing groceries in a different place/town can help. Than you are more focussed on finding things on your list than paying atention to your diaper. It also helps if you go to stores you like of need to go( diy, computer, etc) in places outside of your "comfortzone". You can try to visit a museum or amusmentspark a bit further away from your house/work. That is also how I try to wear diapers outside the house.

Thanks! Even in a place where people don't know me, I will probably still have attention on my diaper. To be fair, probably not as much though.

My first time outside the house with a diaper was some years ago. I put on a diaper and went to do groceries by car in a different town. It was winter and so perfectly normal to wear a long thick jacket. To camouflage any diaper sound I was carrying a plastic shoppingbag. Later I went for a short walk in the town, it was weird to do for the first time. But keep in mind that other people don't know and really don't care about your underwear.

I'm so glad I'm over all the fears about wearing in public. 4 years+ 24/7, and not a single issue, or creepy glance from anyone. STEALTH!

luier100 said:
My first time outside the house with a diaper was some years ago. I put on a diaper and went to do groceries by car in a different town. It was winter and so perfectly normal to wear a long thick jacket. To camouflage any diaper sound I was carrying a plastic shoppingbag. Later I went for a short walk in the town, it was weird to do for the first time. But keep in mind that other people don't know and really don't care about your underwear.

In the back of my mind I realize and understand that, but I still have trouble not overthinking it when the time comes. We will see what happens come March.

thesecretkid said:
In the beginning of March I am going on a two week vacation to a place where no one should know me. I plan to bring diapers and supplies with me. This should be a good time to try things. However, in the past when I would try things, such as wearing in public, I would talk myself out of it. However, I would really like to become more comfortable and try some things.

Any recommendations on things I can try that should be easy and might help build my confidence/being comfortable?

Obviously if your goal is to be diapered as much as possible, just don't bring undies.... that solves that problem.

Seriously though, I drove from Ohio to the Grand Canyon and back with my mom (she knows) and was diapered the whole time. IF somebody notices, they are not going to jump to the conclusion that you are an abdl, they are going to think that you have to wear them for fun.

Don't make it extremely obvious, like you're cramming your think diaper in skinny jeans and your diaper bulge is obvious.... as most incontinent people are striving for keeping it hidden instead of being obvious.

You truly have to get into the mindset of "I'm diapered, it's normal, and there is nothing wrong with it, and I'm going to carry on just like normal"

Changing whenever needed should be done with the attitude of it being normal and something you've had to do for years several times a day, walk in and out of the stall like you own the place. Dispose of your diaper properly, don't leave it in the stall.

When I drove cross country I just had my stacks of diapers in the back in a crate and when I had to stop to change I would pop the hatch of the van and grab one and put it in my backpack and go in and change. When we stopped for the night I would grab enough to make it through the night and did not care if somebody noticed.... as I adopted the mindset of somebody who was incontinent.

diapernh said:
Obviously if your goal is to be diapered as much as possible, just don't bring undies.... that solves that problem.

Seriously though, I drove from Ohio to the Grand Canyon and back with my mom (she knows) and was diapered the whole time. IF somebody notices, they are not going to jump to the conclusion that you are an abdl, they are going to think that you have to wear them for fun.

Don't make it extremely obvious, like you're cramming your think diaper in skinny jeans and your diaper bulge is obvious.... as most incontinent people are striving for keeping it hidden instead of being obvious.

You truly have to get into the mindset of "I'm diapered, it's normal, and there is nothing wrong with it, and I'm going to carry on just like normal"

Changing whenever needed should be done with the attitude of it being normal and something you've had to do for years several times a day, walk in and out of the stall like you own the place. Dispose of your diaper properly, don't leave it in the stall.

When I drove cross country I just had my stacks of diapers in the back in a crate and when I had to stop to change I would pop the hatch of the van and grab one and put it in my backpack and go in and change. When we stopped for the night I would grab enough to make it through the night and did not care if somebody noticed.... as I adopted the mindset of somebody who was incontinent.

Yeah, I don't think the no undies thing would work. I could always go to the store and buy more. I would never make it obvious and I am working on the mindset part. I think starting with a movie or grocery shopping would be a good way to test the waters before wearing non-stop. Thanks for the tips.

I often go to the grocery store diapered and no one knows. Wearing diapers will be far more obvious to you than to anyone else. Still, you need to respect your comfort level as you don't want to make yourself anxiety ridden. I think you could have a lot of fun being diapered, however and who's going to tell anyone you would every know? It sounds like the beginning of a wonderful story for ADISC, "The Boy Who Wore Diapers" or some such narrative.

diapernh said:

I did that last year when I went on a week's vacation 300 miles from home. I brought an extra suitcase with a week's worth of day and night wear, plus a few spare, powders and cremes, air freshener, a little duct tape, a box of gallon ziplocs, and a 50 gallon trash drum liner.

I made a point of making sure I was the one moving that bag, especially when packing up to return home. It was amazingly heavy with wet diapers, and I didn't want my hosts to be asking "good lord, what do you HAVE in this suitcase?!"

Though I do keep regular briefs on-hand still at home and can change into them "when diapers are not going to be convenient or perhaps risky", I found it a little exciting to know that I was "forced to wear diapers all week" while on vacation simply because I had brought no regular underwear.

Oh, and not having to get up and make the trip down the stairs from the guest room and through their cold house to get to the bathroom 3-5x/night was also a huge plus ;) It did worry me a little that they might think "Every time he's here he makes several trips to the bathroom overnight... I don't think I've seen him make a single night run all week?"

I'd only suggest that though if you have a reasonably private guest room. And bring a generous bathrobe that makes it easy for you to get down to the bathroom in the morning to get changed. I have a 6pk can cooler I used for my "toiletries" on my morning trip to the bathroom, and it was plenty enough to get my supplies and a dry diaper downstairs, and to transport my (ziploc'd) wet diaper back upstairs to toss into the big bag.

I only wet my diapers overnight while on vacation - you can skip that entirely if you want to. This was not my first vacation diapered, but was the first time I was wetting my diaper every night.

If you're going to do this I suggest you get a set of "travel containers" - very small lotion and talc bottles - for your "go kit".

p.s. If you're going to be waking up wet, definitely change downstairs in the bathroom where you can clean up properly. (or just shower) You want to keep your skin in good condition all week so you don't spoil the fun!

Last edited:
I’m incontinent and have worn a diaper 24/7/365 for about 30 years. I try to be reasonably discrete about it, but I think that an observant person could tell that my butt is padded. Over all those years, no stranger has ever said anything about it to me. Before I retired, I went on reasonably frequent business trips that required me to stay in a hotel or motel for several days at a time. During those times, I bagged my used diapers in plastic grocery bags and left them in the washroom for the cleaning staff to pick up when they cleaned the room. They always did so without saying anything to me about it. Because I wear top-of-the-line, high-capacity diapers, I very rarely had a leak in bed. However, on maybe 10% of my hotel stays, the staff put a rubber or plastic sheet on my bed.

dogboy said:
I often go to the grocery store diapered and no one knows. Wearing diapers will be far more obvious to you than to anyone else. Still, you need to respect your comfort level as you don't want to make yourself anxiety ridden. I think you could have a lot of fun being diapered, however and who's going to tell anyone you would every know? It sounds like the beginning of a wonderful story for ADISC, "The Boy Who Wore Diapers" or some such narrative.

You're right! If anyone is going to know, it will be me and there is no way anyone would be able to tell someone I actually knew about it. However, I will not be writing a story about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Inconinmiss said:
I’m incontinent and have worn a diaper 24/7/365 for about 30 years. I try to be reasonably discrete about it, but I think that an observant person could tell that my butt is padded. Over all those years, no stranger has ever said anything about it to me. Before I retired, I went on reasonably frequent business trips that required me to stay in a hotel or motel for several days at a time. During those times, I bagged my used diapers in plastic grocery bags and left them in the washroom for the cleaning staff to pick up when they cleaned the room. They always did so without saying anything to me about it. Because I wear top-of-the-line, high-capacity diapers, I very rarely had a leak in bed. However, on maybe 10% of my hotel stays, the staff put a rubber or plastic sheet on my bed.

Thanks! Your advice helps put in perspective that people really don't notice or don't care. What brand of diapers do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back