Doctor visits for bed wetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedwetter bobby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Any one remember being taken to a doctor for their bed wetting issues? What was it like for you?
For me it was traumatic this was back in the 50's and nothing was explained. I was a very modest young boy and just getting undressed in front of strangers was difficult. Never mind the excessive poking and prodding that went along with the extensive examination down there.

I am not that old but i still remember having to drop my pants until I was around 10 to have my temperature taken, I wasn't a bedwetter as a kid I became IC as an adult , my older sister was a bedwetter but it never got mentioned that i remember, my father honestly didnt give a shit how badly the attic smelled ,and did nothing like getting a rubber sheet or diapers , last time i saw either one was when i was 12 and i dont think we are going to catch up on old times because there both dead . Anyway I didn't have the poking and embarrassment until I was an adult (but i think they invented ever more invasive embarrassing elements between the 50's and 90's , I mean who is the creep that was proud of designing the first cystometry devices , I bet that just lights up your resume ! LOL)

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

What's worse is having to see a psychiatrist that your mother is making you go to and having to tell him that you wear and wet diapers for the sheer enjoyment of it. I also had to tell him that I was having sex with my boyfriend. I was hoping that the earth was going to open up and swallow me but that didn't happen. Instead I had to keep seeing him and he got to tell me how dangerous homosexuality is. This was 1970.

I can't remember exactly when I started to wet the bed and I don't remember going to the doctor about it. My guess (based on how my parents were likely to respond) is that my parents took me to the doctor and the doctor simply said that I would probably grow out of it (which I did two or three years later).

I saw the doctor several times as a kid and teenager and the answer was the same every time."Oh don't worry he will grow out of it in his own time" I did but I was almost 22 before I was reliably dry at night. Back when I was growing up little was done about bedwetting.

Give him these pills to calm the bladder spasms. Don' let him drink any liquid after 4 PM. I wonder why he gets urinary infections? DUH! Twice they sent me to a night in the hospital so I could be knocked out and have a probe run up the tube where no probe should go. All to no avail.

I remember being prescribed a medication to treat overage bedwetting that I think was actually more commonly used as an antidepressant. I didnt like taking it because it made me feel sluggish and caused dry mouth and dry eyes. I was on it for maybe 18 months to two years. I was also in counseling or therapy for several months to investigate whether the wetting and other symptoms were related to psychological reasons. I certainly didnt like getting asked questions about it.

I wasn't offered any pills growing up but they tried me on vesicare when my bedwetting came back a few years ago. Hell I would rather wet the bed than have the side effects.

My urologist tried to get me on meds and gave me a hard time when I said no, diapers work 100% of the time (ok a few times they leak) meds may clear up 60% of the accidents but not all and the possible side effects are not worth the risk. I talked to my family doctor on my last visit and he asked why I choose diapers over meds and even he hsd to agree meds don't work most of the time.

I guess i am blessed by being so messed up my Uro completely skipped the drugs and went right for the diapers, my PCP at the time wouldnt right forvthem because she felt any control i did have would be lost, my Uro gafe her quite the earfull the only med for uro system i take is Tamulosin to shrink the prostate and it is helping and i have no side effects( because of the wide array of drugs i use ! Any side effects show there head early, anything anti cholinergic or anti muscarinic drugs are a big no no ,and all of the IC meds fall in one of those 2 classes and would be a disaster ) . And my doc is an old doc the kind that ordinarily who wouldn't prescribe diapers they would rather screw you up worse than wave the diaper because diapers equal failure and patients in diapers aren't having a good life, my doc is a complete realist if diapers are the best thing you get them no drama all which is probably why he is one of the top urologist in the state, people travel pong ways to come to him.

To my intense embarrassment, my mother made sure to bring up my bedwetting every time I saw the doctor. The doctor would always just say, don't worry, he'll grow out of it. I mostly did grow out of it, but I still wet once in a while. It got more and more embarrassing to have the doctor ask every time I went to the clinic.

When I was about 12, he prescribed some little red pills. They gave me a dry mouth, made me dizzy and were interfering with my schoolwork. They also didn't stop my bedwetting.

When I was about 15, I started wetting every night again. I went to the doctor and had a lot of tests over a couple of months. He finally just said, wear a diaper and hope it goes away again. It got much better as I got older and I was out of diapers by the time I started university. He still asked me about it every time I went to the clinic.

I was back to nightly wetting (and diapers) my second year of university. By that time, it didn't embarrass me at all to see a university health service doctor about it. He prescribed DDAVP, but it had no effect. When I went back, he told me that I wasn't the only bedwetting student, and the university health service would provide diapers as it did for the other bedwetters.

It hasn't embarrassed me to discuss it with a doctor in years.

my mother and aunt never brought up my cousin and my bed wetting when we wentto the doc each year for our shots and check ups. but no matter which one took us to the doc you can be sure we were stripped down to our underpants before the doc came in and the underpants were off for the entire exam and until after the nurse came in and gave us our shots. i clearly remember that happening into high school freshman year.

Dude shots every year? Did you have "dreadmocus° or something , then again i cant have and of the childhood vacinnes , so shots every year is the fun i missed out on ?

maybe there werent shots every time/every year, but it certainly seemed like! my mom still mentions thetime i crawled under the exam table trying to not get my shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back