Going from AB/DL to incontinence common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secret240

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've noticed a lot of people on this site mentioning the fact that they used to be purely AB/DL and then became incontinent. Excluding the best-left-alone topic of purposefully making oneself incontinent. What other reasons might there be?

I'm thinking that someone with light incontinence issues might become AB/DL and then potentially have their incontinence issues become worse (perhaps in relation to their AB/DL lifestyle), but what else might there be?

On a side note: I know incontinence is a serious issue, and I have tried to make this as PC in that regard as possible; feel free to tell me if I have failed in any way in this resepect. :smile:

I don't think it's incredibly common aside from the part you pointed out, that something earlier on might set people up for it. In my case, I happened to be a DL since as early as I can remember, then totally unrelated I started to have incontinence symptoms. It was a hard thing to cope with due to second-guessing myself ("I could probably make it to the toilet, I'm just not trying hard enough"), but I've since moved past that. I'd be interested to know if it is more common than I'd thought, though.

For me the incontinene came first then due to wearing nappies and researching on the net and finding sites like this plus encouragement from my wife to just wear a nappy and get on with life I soon became DL. Six years on and I couldn't imagine life without nappies.

I was a DL first and then turned With sévère IC overnight due to nurological (CP) issues. I had some minor dribbling since year after voiding but that was very minor before that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incontinence can and does develop in lots of people for all kinds of reasones. Mine was a car wreck. It's more of a coincidence that I was a DL first.

I have always like wetting myself, pants or bed, I have done it for more then 60 years. I have worn diapers off and on for fun. At my age now I am starting to lose some control , at night mostly , is that from wetting on purpose all these years or is it a natural course of aging and was going to happen anyway.. which came first the chicken or the egg,, there is really no way of knowing. It really isn't an issue.

I don't think it's any coincidence that surveys I have seen over the years show a higher proportion of people who were bedwetters or, in some way, struggled with IC issues as children, came to identify as ABDLs later on or even developed ABDL tendencies in parallel with their IC struggles. When I say "higher proportion", it simply means higher than the average in the population. In some way, they both feed off each other and if you can make a good thing out of a bad situation (IC), then I'd call that progress or in the very least effective management.

There are probably dozens of reasons why someone was ABDL first then became IC and vice versa. However, I doubt you'd be able to detect a trend because studying people is fraught with difficulties.

I was (well, am) a bedwetter and have had IC issues long before becoming a DL. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, it helps me deal, so I can't really complain about that development...

For me, it was more that a long-seated anxiety about my light IC issues led me to choose diapers over other alternatives. I had long been fascinated with diapers, since I was a kid, largely because I wanted to be able to wear them, rather than deal with the pain and embarrassment that comes with urge and stress IC. I can still handle being out of diapers for a short period, but the anxiety makes me very uncomfortable. I would rather wear diapers when I don't absolutely need them, than not be wearing one when I have an accident.

My bladder-control problem stems from a surgical misadventure when I was 14 years old. Over the years, I’ve come to enjoy the sensual aspects of wearing a diaper. But I doubt that I would have had any interest in diapers if it weren’t for the incontinence.

I sure hope it won't go that route in my case. I much prefer the idea of recreational diaper usage.

I'm a DL and have been wearing diapers for quite a while now. I have started to wear them 24/7 now with little breaks now and then. I've noticed that I pee a lot more frequently than before with small quantities each time. I also noticed that the amount I can hold before I start to burst has also decreased. There were close calls when I wasn't wearing a diaper & had to run for the toilets just to find my underwear wet. That's about it.

I don't think I'll lose my control that easily just by being a DL. Even if I do become incontinent, I have my diaper to cover me.

I'm very minorly stress IC. Maybe a tiny bit urge IC? Not enough to consider myself "incontinent" though.

Being ABDL had nothing to do with it. It just randomly started happening in 6th-7th grade when I had 2 accidents during the school year. Ever since then I might have small accidents when I laugh too hard, sneeze, cough, or throw up. And sometimes I won't need to go one second and the next desperately make a bee line to the bathroom.

I used to wear pads every day just in case of leakage but don't any more since I can *usually* control it

For me it was growing up and needing diapers/ training underwear and plastic underpants off / on (mostly off) from 4 to 13. I had times I wore protection for a few weeks and then back to regular underwear but if I had another session of wetting I had at least plastic underpants on again. I was fine until age 18 and then went to college and wet every night for several months but was completely accepting of getting back into diapers and plastic underpants to control it (and a roommate that understood).

Now I rarely have any accidents at night but wear adult training underwear and PUL plastic underpants for the security feeling and any drips / streams that occur about 1 - 4 times per year at night. I may dip into recreational play during airplane flights / travel, etc. but not really a true incontinent situation as most people on this site know.

Secret240 said:
I've noticed a lot of people on this site mentioning the fact that they used to be purely AB/DL and then became incontinent. Excluding the best-left-alone topic of purposefully making oneself incontinent. What other reasons might there be?

I'm thinking that someone with light incontinence issues might become AB/DL and then potentially have their incontinence issues become worse (perhaps in relation to their AB/DL lifestyle), but what else might there be?

On a side note: I know incontinence is a serious issue, and I have tried to make this as PC in that regard as possible; feel free to tell me if I have failed in any way in this resepect. [emoji2]
I have been abdl forever and am not incontinent.

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

I have a similar experience when I'm wearing a diaper I pee more frequently but now I notice that when wearing regular underwear that I get more frequent "urges" to pee and now leak! I wear a pad to prevent wetting my pants.

There is absolutely no need to worry about wearing too often for fun/pleasure making you incontinent. The opposite belief was a fear I had back when I had self acceptance issues. I later asked an expert in the field of diaper fetishes about this during my counseling and she quickly debunked it.

edit: I think what the non IC people are experiencing is not being conditioned to hold it as much as they frequently did before rather then having no control.

I found the opposite, I feel a need to go less often now I'm 24/7. But with me there was an anxiety thing going on, worrying about acx to a loo etc, now I don't worry nearly as much,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back