ABU and crinklz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraken98

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hey I was wondering if ABU will ever compete against the new crinklz? The crinklz are just far superior due to its price and performance where i see no reason to even consider abu unless i wanted one of their designs. Yea ABU is still very nice but they cost over 2x per diaper vs crinklz on Northshore. I was wondering if they have any plans to make their prices any cheaper or do what crinklz did and make a diaper side product from another brand?

- - - Updated - - -

And i was wondering if there was a cheap alternative to Crinklz because they are so popular now that that are completely backordered :(

Just wondering what ABU’s you have tried so far for comparison? I have tried crinklz and even though I think there ok they just are not in the same league as Abu as far as performance and quality. This is certainly my opinion and others may vary. I particularly love the lavenders and littlepaws I find them more comfortable than crinklz and I get a much better fit which again may vary for different people I also don’t get any sag from Abu partly due to landing zone and excellent tapes. The crinklz for me look great but just didn’t fit as well, would sag and leak. In Australia the price from memory weren’t greatly different from Abu but I may need to check that. For me abu win this round but interesting what others have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even abu's lowest end diaper is way better than crinklz. the construction and absorbency far superior and as for cost, i just got a case of abu simple diapers and paid just under $2 per diaper. crinklz are really cool and i love how they swell but they just cant stand up to more premium diapers.

Uuuh, Crinklz is the number 1 premium diaper out there. The very fact ABU doesn't have lower tapes means they will always leak at the legs long before reaching any kind of capicity (unless you wear one size too small). As such, Crinklz has more than double the real-workd capacity before leaking, versus ABU.

well i have used ABU and i like them, but the price is so high. the only thing i really like about abu is they offer size small, which actually fit me better than crinklz :> but other than that i choose crinklz cuz so much more for your money

Biggles said:
Just wondering what ABU’s you have tried so far for comparison? I have tried crinklz and even though I think there ok they just are not in the same league as Abu as far as performance and quality. This is certainly my opinion and others may vary. I particularly love the lavenders and littlepaws I find them more comfortable than crinklz and I get a much better fit which again may vary for different people I also don’t get any sag from Abu partly due to landing zone and excellent tapes. The crinklz for me look great but just didn’t fit as well, would sag and leak. In Australia the price from memory weren’t greatly different from Abu but I may need to check that. For me abu win this round but interesting what others have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second this, ABU's are some of the best diapers out there, they have the look, the bulk and the performance as far as I'm concerned.

I've only ever bought one pack of Crinklz, they aren't as thick as ABU's, though they do swell nicely and as much as I love their designs, they don't perform quite as well. Some of the only AB marketed diapers that I've had spring a leak on me were Crinklz, out of the entire pack about 3 or 4 leaked on me, I was not a happy baby :sad: The funny thing is they fit me fine, I just think they either don't wick as quickly or they just don't have the same capacity as an ABU or Rearz brand diaper.

I understand the reason you have for liking them, you get more diapers for a smaller price point, that's great, but I don't mind breaking bank for a product I know I can enjoy thoroughly.

To each their own though. Aesthetically speaking, I think Crinklz are some of the cutest diaper prints on the market, followed in a close second by Tykables, ABU Cushie's and Little Pawz.

Maybe I got a bum pack... who knows, I might try them again, but for now I'll stick with my ABU, Rearz and Bambinos :eek:

such extreme opinions!

They both have their advantages. If I had to compare the two and call out the most significant differences...

ABU diapers have a wider crotch, are thicker when dry, have a stronger shell that is less likely to get punctured or torn, have much better tapes, and are available in a variety of patterns.

Crinklz rev2 are softer (inside and out), have by far the highest quality print on the shell and the tallest (and yet still very comfortable) standing leak guards available on any diaper, have a huge amount of swell when wet, wick better, and the stretchy shell can make for a much more comfortable fit.

So they're very different diapers. Each with their own advantages. I don't choose I wear both ;)

I also have tried both ABU and Crinklz. I like both but I also agree that ABU, as many already pointed out have the thickness and quality going for them. However, I wear size medium which must be a very popular size since neither Tykables or ABU have stock right now in the US for size medium. However, Crinklz still are available from Northshore. Crinklz might not be my first choice, but I don't mind them at all, they absorb well, they swell and have the cute prints, and most importantly I can still get them. That goes a long way for me.

LiteBrite said:
I also have tried both ABU and Crinklz. I like both but I also agree that ABU, as many already pointed out have the thickness and quality going for them. However, I wear size medium which must be a very popular size since neither Tykables or ABU have stock right now in the US for size medium. However, Crinklz still are available from Northshore. Crinklz might not be my first choice, but I don't mind them at all, they absorb well, they swell and have the cute prints, and most importantly I can still get them. That goes a long way for me.

is it really still available to you? its sold out for me when i look at it on the website for medium

Well Crinklz are neat. I have some and was considering wearing them tonight. They swell a whole bunch which is fun, and do have fairly good capacity. I also really like the print, which is cute. The plastic shell is realy soft and while easy to tear on pokey things, it stretches and conforms very well, making it easier to get a good tight fir around your legs. If you have leak issues at the legs with other diapers, Crinklz might be what you need.

But they have a narrower crotch and less overall padding than any of the ABU I have tried, and when compared to the Space or Simple, they don't have nearly as much capacity. They are also pretty thin. And oddly enough, Crinklz don't crinkle. they are almost the quietest plastic shell diaper I've tried.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
So I have some ABU Space and some Crinklz that have been sitting out of the bag on a shelf for about a month. I figured I'd snap some pics to show how those two compared, along with some Rearz Princess, and a diaper known for being thinner than the Safari/Princess/Inspire+/Seduction line, the Rearz Rebel.
Here they are. All of these have sat unbagged for at least month. none of them have been unfolded or fluffed, just stacked unbagged.

lf9zmpvxxyqrbyff.jpg

vle9n6an2yh7upku.jpg

3powv1bux4zvrtha.jpg

18d83m5h4hl4bizf.jpg

Now this last one is NOT like the others. The other diapers all seemed to puff up naturally once out of the bag for a while. The Crinklz didn't nearly as much. They stayed hard and flat even when in only a stack of about 8 sitting open on a shelf for a month. I decided to "help" them by giving them some good twists and bends, fluffing them up a bit. I stopped fluffing them when they felt about as firm as the Rearz Rebels.

yg3cg0kiwuli8qv9.jpg

Kraken98 - you're right. Mediums are also now showing out of stock for me too.

fox: also take note of how much the diapers have been left to "relax". I've posted a pic a month ago showing three crinklz just removed from their bag, beside two betterdry that had been out for at least a few weeks. The stacks were the same height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back