Thread: What does it mean?

Default What does it mean?

Hey,

I am confused, and possibly ignorant ? What does it mean to be a fur? and is this sexual?

not sure if there are other threads about this. if there is then remove this.

Butterfly Mage

I don"t think it"s necessarily sexual. For me, I identify with certain aspects of the butterfly (pacifist, able to change, dislike of being confined). So it's sort of like a shamanic identification for me.

Other folk here may have different answers

JessePup

I am a furry.Its mostly a form of expressing oneself. Its also (is some cases including mine) because some people feel like they are that animal. Being a furry doesnt mean your sexually atracted to that sort of thing but it isnt uncommon for a lot of furs to feel that way. It all depends on you.

I don't know about others, but being a furry isn't sexual for me, it's just I feel closer to animals than humans and I kind of have a personality similar to my fursona animal.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahKokoro View Post
    I don't know about others, but being a furry isn't sexual for me, it's just I feel closer to animals than humans and I kind of have a personality similar to my fursona animal.
    I'm similar to Noah, but I also feel like I have a spiritual connections with the dog and the wolf. In general speaking, being a furry just means you find anthropomorphic animals entertaining. I mean, personally I think of humans as boring and stale in terms of art, games and role-paying, so I like to spice things up by putting fantasy creatures in stuff ^^

Since everyone seems to be showing the more spiritual side, I feel it necessary to mention you don't necessarily need to really identify with a particular species. If you just like cartoons or other fiction about animal people, you can be a furry too.

Quote Originally Posted by dfl88 View Post
    Hey,

I am confused, and possibly ignorant ? What does it mean to be a fur? and is this sexual?

not sure if there are other threads about this. if there is then remove this.
    the enigmatic question, the only answer I can ever come up with is a question too;

what do you want it to mean for you?

JessePup

Quote Originally Posted by Colfpup View Post
    the enigmatic question, the only answer I can ever come up with is a question too;

what do you want it to mean for you?
    dude that is so deep man.