traveling and diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan2127

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
hey guys. I will be going on a short trip fairly soon and I am pretty oblivious to a lot of things because I have never done it before. I plan on travelling alone from Toronto to Michigan, as a day trip. Without getting into a lot of detail,I plan on buying diapers from certain stores

I have a couple questions to ask, if you could answer each, I would be very thankful.

1. Will I have to pay duty if im in the US for less than 24hrs? if so, how much?
2.what should I tell border officials I am shopping for? without getting pulled into inspection and without embarrassing myself?
3. Its unfortunate that im nearly 23 years old and I want to keep things like this private from my parents. But, If im crossing border, will they ever be able to find out? does any of this info appear in the mail or if they travel, will they somehow have a way of knowing? ( I live w them)
4. What should i stay away from buying if i want the border to be smooth as possible? certain foods, or items etc??

thank you!

Not everything has a duty tax to it, and I believe there is no duty tax till you hit a minimum amount (it used to be $50 or less was duty free, but that's probably changed)

You don't need to get into detailed explanations. Often enough just shopping is all they need. If they pry though, be honest.

It's doubtful your parents will know unless they are already tracking your phone. I jumped the border to go go drinking a few times. Unless I came home drunk they had no idea and didn't care.

Alcohol, fire arms, explosives, and drugs should not be brought back. Pretty much everything else shouldn't be a problem.

I think incontinence products ie diapers are tax and duty free I know theres not HST on diapers I could be wrong but I really think if they are plain adult diapers you should be fine. (Baby diapers are taxable as they are not a medical need)

Yeah absolutely avoid the booze I have Canadian friends who come down all the time,And they all regret the outrageous cost trying to bring back alcohol,i cant remember what kind of booze it was ,but a friend last summer got nicked for $300 bucks at the border .people come down by the bus load to shop at our mall during the holidays because there is no tax or any thing ,also with trump in office the value of the dollar is declining and tourism has fallen off dramaticly 40,000 jobs lost and 4.7 billion dollar decline in tourism so you may be able to parlay that to your advantage.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back