Messy Diaper Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patchescat

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I have began messing #2 my diaper at home however, I have to run to the shower to change and shower. Can anyone help me with how to change my own messy diaper without the shower? My husband doesn’t want any part of it so it’s hard to see what I am doing by myself.

From experience, showers are always a big help. A shower can clean-up that area and leave you feeling refreshed in minutes. I guess my question to you would be, why do you not want to use the shower? Is it because it takes too long? Is it because your husband uses it frequently? Is it because you can't be completely little when operating it? I'm not judging, I'm just curious, most AB's who mess use the shower at some point in their clean-up.

That being said, showers aren't the only way. Try using moist baby wipes. I have gotten pretty close to being fully clean down there with moist baby wipes, of course, be prepared to use a fair amount of them if you aren't going to hop in the shower afterwards. I had a friend once who used a warm, damp, wash cloth for clean-up, but you'd probably have to wash that wash cloth almost immediately after.

The reason a shower is great is because it can help you to fight odours down there and wash the area properly. I suppose you could use scented baby wipes to eliminate the smell and clean thoroughly, but I personally like using moist unscented wipes, there's something to the scented wipes that can irritate that area, but hey, just because scented wipes irritate me doesn't mean they'll do the same for you.

Also, this post possibly could have been started under the Diaper Talk discussion forum.

Last edited:
I am having to be on medicine that makes my #2 really loose and so it’s more a mess. I don’t mind cleaning up in the shower but due to this medicine it happens more than once a day. I was really asking how to change my own diaper like you would a baby’s when I cannot really see what I am doing? Does everyone who poops their diaper jump in the shower? I know I have read that most Dl’s do enemas and such so it’s probably as messy as mine.

Patchescat said:
I am having to be on medicine that makes my #2 really loose and so it’s more a mess. I don’t mind cleaning up in the shower but due to this medicine it happens more than once a day. I was really asking how to change my own diaper like you would a baby’s when I cannot really see what I am doing? Does everyone who poops their diaper jump in the shower? I know I have read that most Dl’s do enemas and such so it’s probably as messy as mine.

I see, so you don't mind using the shower it's just you mess throughout the day and don't want to have to shower every time, I get that, thanks for clarifying.

With regards to changing yourself like a baby you could use the front of the diaper to wipe away any excess mess. If you are having trouble changing yourself, you could always use a mirror as a guide, I usually use a mirror when I'm diapering up, just to make sure everything is where it needs to be.

I would say a vast majority of those who mess use a shower at some point during their clean-up, it helps you wash the hard to reach areas and is good for rinsing away odours. I always try to do a bulk of the clean-up with moist baby wipes before I hop in the shower, the shower is the finishing touch, it helps me ensure that that area is sparkling clean. As I said though, you don't always need to shower (though it's preferred), sometimes wipes can be enough, if you use a lot of them.

Reactions: Ghg789987
I have decades of experience changing my messy diapers, which isn't everyday thank goodness, but pretty frequently. I have loose messes due to IBS, but there is absolutely no need to shower every time you need to change a messy diaper. I have cleaned myself lying down on a changing pad, however, it's far easier to get yourself some good wipes and clean yourself standing up.

It takes some practice so I'll outline it for you.

• First, untape your diaper next to the toilet and let it drop to the floor with it folded in half. At this point, you can shake any loose poop in your diaper into the toilet or skip this step.
  • Then use toilet paper folded over in a bunch to wipe. You should wipe front to back for girls to avoid a possible UTI although I find it easier to wipe this way and I'm a boy. After you get the first few swipes using toilet paper and sending it down the toilet get out the moistened wipes.
  • I use Huggies wipes, but I have a small butt. Adult wipes are great for larger people and big messes. Simply move side to side and front to back until the wipe doesn't have any poo on it anymore. Put those used wipes in the diaper still folded in half on the floor. I typically go through 4 to 8 wipes depending on how messy I am.
  • You can check your behind in the mirror if you like, but with practice you should be able to change a messy diaper and get completely clean in less than 10 min.
A couple of more tips on messes. Keeping your hair down there shaved helps with clean up. And, wearing diapers that have high inner guards helps keep that mess from peaking out of your diaper. Lastly, don't stay in a messy diaper for extended periods or you'll likely get diaper rash.

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor, littlewes and BabyMozart
Spaz gives an excellent guide. I use Walgreen's Certainty adult wipes, which work very well. Huggies wipes are stronger and thicker, but also smaller. Just use as many wipes as you need and make sure you're completely clean.

i recommend staying up until everyone goes to bed. That was my main tactic during my adolescence. That means you can have more free time to enjoy it, and noone will find out you mess.

the key here is to be able to change yourself, and then whipe. When i did this, i usually did it seconds beforehand though, so if you wait long enough for it to dry, you might run into some difficulty.

Thanks for the tutorial Spaz I will definitely try your way, seems better already.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Nothingtoseehere1 I am kinda funny about hubby knowing l mess in them so staying away to play is better for now he does know i wet and use a bottle and passy. He has never said a word about any of it.

This resonates with me. I had a big poo a couple of nights ago, managed to keep it in, but it spilt out onto the carpet when I was undoing. Cleaned up, but still wondering how to explain the stains on bathroom carpet to my wife (who doesn't know about my DL adventures).

ADISC ought to have a permanent section for advice like Spaz has given!

Lots of wipes and maybe even consider investing in a bidet

I shake myself before opening the diaper to try to get as much transferred to the diaper. Adult wipes are a big help.

I remember messing myself prior to having surgery and my colon and rectum removed.
The messing would happen every day towards my planned surgery date.
I'd leave the house in the morning after the toilet trauma i was suffering in the morning loaded up on loperomide and more importantly codine.
Fully padded id go about my daily routine, id last till around 3 to 4pm before my bowel contents overwhelmed the constipating effects of codine. Id have no chance of saving myself,
In the car, in the chemist talking to a dispensing assistant i knew.... hoping all the time it wasn't going to be a noisy evacuation. Once it started i couldnt stop the flow of blood streaked diarrhoea as the seat of my nappy got heavier and heavier.
Once home having driven, meaning i had to sit in the warm stinking mess i headed for the bathroom where i'd strip off everything except nappy.
Standing in the bath with a shower head in my hand i'd lower the very full but not leaking nappy to the bath floor from a crouching position where i could wrap it up. Clean up with shower head and soap, it was the only guaranteed method of effectively cleaning up. Wipes would take an age to clean effectively.

Can't stress out enough that hair removal is essential. With lots of hair with poop in it it is almost impossible to get actually clean without using the shower.
Also you can use some kind of oil, baby oil works best, especially for skin folds. Just put some on a fair amount of toilet paper and wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back